2008 Packages are NOW available!!!

wdwmomof3

Just got a quote for next Oct on Disney.com. Oct 5th-12th at POR, hopper passes, water & more & with reg dining for 5 and it was just 4240.69. I thought it was not to bad.

It was 5206.69 with dining deluxe........ forget it!

CBOMB

Yes obviously my example was highly exaggerated to illustrate a point. However, it still stands that one much keep up with the demand or it will get out of control. If they cut prices by 5% this year then demand would go up farther next year and even more out of control.

All consumers have to do is say "That price is too high" by not going and then prices will stabilize/reduce...however, I don't see that happening in the near future. Vacations are where many people will always splurge.
I agree with you. I do not see most people canceling a planned trip to WDW because of this price increase. I hope most people see that the DDP is not a good value (my opinion). However I think that most people are caught up in the hype of a WDW vacation, and sometimes can make bad decisions on what is a good deal.

David

This is really getting bad. I'm taking a check over to AAA today for our October trip, and already planning and getting prices for next May. I need help! Disneyholics---when is our next meeting?????

JimboJones123

Yes obviously my example was highly exaggerated to illustrate a point. However, it still stands that one much keep up with the demand or it will get out of control. If they cut prices by 5% this year then demand would go up farther next year and even more out of control.

All consumers have to do is say "That price is too high" by not going and then prices will stabilize/reduce...however, I don't see that happening in the near future. Vacations are where many people will always splurge.
That's pretty much it. No, the deal isn't as "good" as it used to be. The deal was just a bit (up to $20 a day per person) too "good". Somebody figured out that this great of a bargin wasn't something they "had to" offer -- so they aren't anymore.

Tom

Beta Return
apologies if this has been mentioned, but I think that the 08 Dining Plan has eliminated several resaurants from Epcot and DTD. Any word if they will be added in later on like in 2007?

Since nobody has answered you, I'll respond.

YES, this rumor has become true. They really screwed us on the Dining Plan when it comes to Epcot and DTD. Go to disneyworld.com and navigate to the descriptions of the 2008 Packages. For example, the page for the Premium Package (which I booked for my upcoming May honeymoon) is here: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/tickets/packageDetail?id=PackageDetailMYWPrem08Page

Then click for the detailed brochure (http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/m...gespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/08Premium.pdf).

I just read it, then cried. If you scroll to page 3, you will see the whopping 12 dining establishments in EPCOT that are now on the plan. It's PATHETIC. Nothing in France. Italy is gone. Hell, Rose & Crown is the only WS restaurant left that I want to eat at for dinner (since France and Italy are gone). You can't even get a pastry in France now, according to this BS.

As for DTD - you get Cap'n Jacks - THE END!

If i hadn't already booked, and paid - I'd cancel the #$#*& dining plan. I can eat in the MK and MGM, but that's pretty much it. EPCOT, who in my opinion has the best food in the "world" offers next to nothing anymore.

Am I reading this wrong? Pam - do you know more about this?

PLEASE tell me that this brochure is wrong, because if not - it's PATHETIC.

:cry:

Bolna

This was exactly the same last year around this time with the 2007 plan. It seems that the non-Disney restaurants get added on later in the fall. I would not give up hopes yet!!!

sbkline

This was exactly the same last year around this time with the 2007 plan. It seems that the non-Disney restaurants get added on later in the fall. I would not give up hopes yet!!!

Agreed. It seems that the restaraunts that are owned and operated by Disney are the ones that are automatically included in the dining plan from the beginning. However, the ones that are NOT owned and operated by Disney (such as the World Showcase restarants and several others) may or may not participate in the dining plan, but generally always do. But their absence from the brochure doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't on the dining plan. Rather, it most likely means that they WILL be on the dining plan, but just haven't officially signed on to it yet.

However, maybe it would be a good idea for me to make sure for myself, since France is one of the places I have down to eat at next year.

JPVonDrake

Original Poster
Do Not Panic!

I can confirm that negotiations are still underway for the 2008 Disney Dining Plan. Only Disney owned and operated restaurants are listed on the current brochure seen online, with all the restaurants run by our operating partners are currently missing.

Not to worry, as each restaurant signs on to the new contract, more locations will be added before the package actually goes into effect on Jan 1, 2008.

It is anticipated that more locations then in previous years will be on the new 2008 dine packages.

sbkline

Have their been any restaraunts in the past that choose not to participate in the dining plan besides those at the independently owned and operated hotels?

Tom

Beta Return
I can confirm that negotiations are still underway for the 2008 Disney Dining Plan. Only Disney owned and operated restaurants are listed on the current brochure seen online, with all the restaurants run by our operating partners are currently missing.

Not to worry, as each restaurant signs on to the new contract, more locations will be added before the package actually goes into effect on Jan 1, 2008.

It is anticipated that more locations then in previous years will be on the new 2008 dine packages.

Whew! Glad I as able to over-react! Thanks :lol:

wannabeBelle

As always, thank you JP for clarifying this. As previously mentioned the Dining plan was the same way around this time last year as well. I wouldnt be hitting any panic buttons quite yet. Give Disney a chance to get the negotiations finished and update the listings. Hope this helps!!! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom