2008 Packages are NOW available!!!

wannabeBelle

Sidebar: The trip insurance offered on packages has remained the same for 2008 and is $59.95 per person over the age of 18 in the room. Once insurance is applied to a package it cannot be taken off or refunded so think about that decision carefully. However the insurance is great to protect your vacation investment in case of illness. Belle

Computer Magic

Hey all, Just some random thoughts on the plans for 2008 (these arent in any particular order, just as they occured to me)
1) Losing of gratuity- This can be a good thing for the guest as now as waiter/waitress will be more attentive to insure that he/she is going to get a nice tip. I have heard stories on these boards as well as elsewhere that with the standard tip being included in the plan, service was diminshed somewhat.
2) Hopefully with the loss of the Appetizer, the dinner portions/ sides will be reinstated to a larger portion size. I have noticed that the portion sizes on some items have been reduced as well as items that one would expect to be considered part of an entree were removed to the side dish menu. Hopefully this will change that configuration.
3) Dining was actually reduced by one dollar from the 2007 rates as opposed to increased.
4) Gratuity is still included for all dinner shows or Grand Gathering experiences. In other words if a paying guest would have had it included in the prices quoted to them such as for Hoop De Doo, it will be included for the Dining plan guest as well.
5) I always put a charge card down on my room so I can have a room charge. If I want to just sign and go, I can add the gratuity at my discretion onto the bill sign and go!
6) I think that the children's "appetizer" would still be included as it was usually part of the kid's meal served in those Mickey plates
7) Keep in mind, all package add ons must be done BEFORE you get to your resort. Dining plans CANNOT be added at check in at all.
Any other thoughts anyone?? Belle
I guess you can look at it as the glass is half full or half empty. ;)

I don't have the same faith with big businesses as some others :shrug: I hope I'm proven wrong and you are right. But I don't see the portions getting larger and there is a hidden cost with Dinning. Stating the cost was reduced by 1 dollar is a marketing ploy by Disney.

The cost increased by 18% per table service credit. So for $100 meal for 2 will cost an additional $18.00. For a 10 night staty that is an extra $180.

Disney is once again trying to disguise a increase. At least I can offset my increase with Disney Stock.

Computer Magic

I haven't seen it mentioned yet in this thread, but according to Mousesavers, Friday and Saturday night rooms may be more expensive than weeknights. I remember reading a few weeks ago that this was a possibility, but it looks like it might be official now.
I really want to see a break down of these rates. I hope it's on the Disney website soon.

wannabeBelle

I am definitely a half full type of person!!! I do hope that this is going to be a winning combination for everyone involved. I understand that Disney is big business but I think there can be a happy medium where they are happy and the Guest will feel it is a win for them as well!!! Belle

Computer Magic

I am definitely a half full type of person!!! I do hope that this is going to be a winning combination for everyone involved. I understand that Disney is big business but I think there can be a happy medium where they are happy and the Guest will feel it is a win for them as well!!! Belle
We agree on the happy medium cause Disney needs to make money. We just don't agree on where the happy medium is :lol:

I think 18% increase in the Dinning Plan plus the other increases in prices, takes too much out of tourist pockets.

I would love an 18% raise in my salary every year

Three words: maximizing shareholder wealth

:shrug:

beachclubbasics

rooms Monday through Friday are....

I haven't seen it mentioned yet in this thread, but according to Mousesavers, Friday and Saturday night rooms may be more expensive than weeknights. I remember reading a few weeks ago that this was a possibility, but it looks like it might be official now.
much much more expensive than Sun-Mon. I am sitting here at the Beach Club as we speak...which cost me $315 per night for 7 nights ..I priced for next year and the cost was broken down as such:

Tuesday-Friday $370 per night

Sun-Mon: $325 per night

cost of room in 2007: $2205
cost of room in 2008: $2500

That's over 10% increase in one year, an extremely hefty increase iif you ask me. I'm actually looking into DVC membership (which I don't really want to do) because this will probably be the last year I can afford to come here if I don't (my family is too large for a moderate or value room). Considering how the contract worked out this year and the hit the workers took (I've spoken to many castmemebers down here and they are not happy with it at all) this much of an in case was unwarranted. Disney is really pricing themselves out of the realm of most people in the US.

Hopefully they'll start giving free internet(?).

Also, I' think they've wrecked the dining pan adn I'll never buy it again. There's enough counter-service variety that I dont need TS and the way they cut the snacks stinks as well.

wannabeBelle

I really wonder if this would be an option, to switch the appetizer for the dessert?? Obviously if the plan has an dessert listed the restaurant HAS to do at least that, but I wonder if individually they might be allowed to switch as most of the appetizers and desserts are roughly the same pricing on the menu? Ill ask the next Disney rep I will get to see if this is going to be an option, although this might not be the standard. Ill see what they tell me. Belle

OK folks I did ask and they had told me that the only item would be the option for dessert, no appetizer. If this will actually be what happens when people are on property, I dont know and we wont until next year, however this is as it is being presented to Reservations right now. Sorry all, Belle

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks for the info JP and KK :wave::wave:

I, myself, will only book if they offer free dining again. I can't afford the DDP PLUS a tip on top it it, when I go it's on an extremely tight budget.

mousefan1972

OK folks I did ask and they had told me that the only item would be the option for dessert, no appetizer. If this will actually be what happens when people are on property, I dont know and we wont until next year, however this is as it is being presented to Reservations right now. Sorry all, Belle

Thanks for checking, Belle. :(

Computer Magic

Also, I' think they've wrecked the dining pan adn I'll never buy it again. There's enough counter-service variety that I dont need TS and the way they cut the snacks stinks as well.
:(

1 snack
1 snack includes one of the following: frozen ice cream novelty, popsicle, fruit bar, popcorn scoop (single serving box), single serving grab bag of chips, single piece of whole fruit, 20-oz. bottle of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Dasani water, medium fountain soft drink or juice, 12-oz. coffee, hot chocolate or hot tea.

Looks like I can't get the fries from Flame Tree BBQ as a snack :cry:

EDIT: and no morning milk from the resort :mad: :fork:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I do believe that is just the generic list. You will still be able to get many of the same snack items from what I was told.

Pam

Computer Magic

I do believe that is just the generic list. You will still be able to get many of the same snack items from what I was told.

Pam
like most new changes....they make it real strict and then losen it up.

I do that all the time with computer security ....I lock everyone out, listen to the complaints and then losen up as needed. it's easier to give back then to take away:lookaroun

:wave:

MrsPortiaB

Thanks very much to JP and the Kingdom Konsultant staff!

Now, no rush on this question, which I'm aiming at the KK staff (or if anyone else knows feel free to answer!), but is there any hope of the Free Dining coming back next year? It's the only way I can afford for my husband and I to go to DW for a long length of time. Travel from the Northwest can be expensive! :eek:

Was the FDP something that's been offered for awhile now? Or something that just happened to be done a couple years in a row?

I have to say I am very saddened by the loss of gratuity being included but just the cost of the DP being lowered by $1 per day. All the other changes are just as much of a bummer too. We're one of those, we love appetizers but the rarely-ever-eat-dessert-out kind of people. :( Hopefully a silver lining will be found at some point!

Thanks everyone! :wave:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Thanks very much to JP and the Kingdom Konsultant staff!

Now, no rush on this question, which I'm aiming at the KK staff (or if anyone else knows feel free to answer!), but is there any hope of the Free Dining coming back next year? It's the only way I can afford for my husband and I to go to DW for a long length of time. Travel from the Northwest can be expensive! :eek:

Was the FDP something that's been offered for awhile now? Or something that just happened to be done a couple years in a row?

I have to say I am very saddened by the loss of gratuity being included but just the cost of the DP being lowered by $1 per day. All the other changes are just as much of a bummer too. We're one of those, we love appetizers but the rarely-ever-eat-dessert-out kind of people. :( Hopefully a silver lining will be found at some point!

Thanks everyone! :wave:

I hope so!! It's good for business. :lol: But seriously, they did release it for the last 3 years in a row. We can only hope that they do it again next year, but I'm not going to count my chickens so to speak.

I think having the gratuity seperate is a good idea. I think the service will get much better.

Pam

Alztybrn

FYI...as far as changes in rates depending on the day you check in...for me it made no difference. I checked two dates at POFQ...first staying Friday through Thursday, and then check in Sun and out on Sat...prices were the same. Ohh yea...middle of June

disneytopdog

Thanks for the info JP and KK :wave::wave:

I, myself, will only book if they offer free dining again. I can't afford the DDP PLUS a tip on top it it, when I go it's on an extremely tight budget.

I am there with you. If they offer it for free in Sept 2008 I will do the DDP. To pay $38 a day plus a tip and get a smaller quanity of food, plus pony up 18% tip. Just kinda takes the value out of the "DEAL".

MrsPortiaB

I think having the gratuity seperate is a good idea. I think the service will get much better.

Pam

In the business I work in, we include gratuity for our workers because otherwise, our customers weren't so nice to include was was fair if anything at all! This way we insured our employees were getting taken care of. In return our workers go above and beyond to do all that they can to make sure that our customers were getting taken care of.

If service wasn't up to par at a particular restaurant, people should have taken issue with management so that it could be corrected. Then that restaurant's management could take it up with the staff and keep an eye on them to make sure they did better. Or, if it continues I'm sure they're couldn't be a shortage of people waiting to take their place who would be willing to take those servers place who would do better.

I'd bet that a portion of those guests who complained that service was poor because they know 18% is included for the staff and what ended up happening was their expectations became very high for the servers and when it didn't match up, they got disappointed and felt as though they were getting ripped off. I never had one complaint over my entire vacation last year and we were there at the tail end of the free dining plan stay.

I really hope the servers don't lose out because people will play the "Well I didn't know it wasnt' included anymore" so that they can get out of paying what the employees deserve. This isn't directed all all DW guests, but you should see what I have to deal with every day with my customers! :brick:

GoofyFan1

Has anybody else tried to book for Christmas 2008? I've tried two mods (CBR, PO) and WL and the computer keeps coming up with nothing available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom