2008 Packages are NOW available!!!

Rob562

:(

Looks like I can't get the fries from Flame Tree BBQ as a snack :cry:

EDIT: and no morning milk from the resort :mad: :fork:

From JP in Post #6:

Each restaurant/snack location may add additional items at their own discretion. Look for the DDP logo at Quick Service, Cart, and select merchandise locations for eligible snack items on the posted menu for additional options. Only those items that are consistently offered on the Disney Dining Plan throughout the Walt Disney World Resort will be listed in the official Walt Disney World Brochure.

Basically, only the "basic" items that are availabel just about everywhere are being listed in the brochures. Because there are so many different possibilities as to what is a snack, they can't list them all. It's up to each location to decide.

-Rob

Computer Magic

From JP in Post #6:

Basically, only the "basic" items that are availabel just about everywhere are being listed in the brochures. Because there are so many different possibilities as to what is a snack, they can't list them all. It's up to each location to decide.

-Rob
You are correct. I just didn't edit my post when I saw that. However, Disney would be better off stating it differently where I found the first notation.

sbkline

I just booked my trip for next year, thanks to Pinkrose. She did a great job...well, except for the part when I read my email confirmation and she listed me and my wife both as "Mr". :ROFLOL:

tjkref418

apologies if this has been mentioned, but I think that the 08 Dining Plan has eliminated several resaurants from Epcot and DTD. Any word if they will be added in later on like in 2007?

Rob562

You are correct. I just didn't edit my post when I saw that. However, Disney would be better off stating it differently where I found the first notation.

Unless I'm mistaken, how it's worded is how it's always been advertised by Disney. The "under $4 rule" was never published in Disney literature about the Dining Plan. They've only mentioned ice cream, popcorn, soda, water, fruit and chips. Then they said to "look for the symbol". So when a Guest on the DDP who didn't know about the $4 rule went to a snack stand and saw that an ice cream sundae had the symbol next to it, it was a nice surprise for them.

-Rob

pinkrose

I just booked my trip for next year, thanks to Pinkrose. She did a great job...well, except for the part when I read my email confirmation and she listed me and my wife both as "Mr". :ROFLOL:

:eek: I am so sorry!!! :eek: It has been corrected. :)

Sherm, :eek:

Alztybrn

apologies if this has been mentioned, but I think that the 08 Dining Plan has eliminated several resaurants from Epcot and DTD. Any word if they will be added in later on like in 2007?

Is there any truth to this? Have not heard anything to this rumor yet. Anybody?

sbkline

Is there any truth to this? Have not heard anything to this rumor yet. Anybody?

If memory serves me correctly from last year, just because a restaraunt is not initially listed, that doesn't meant that they have opted to drop out (or have been dropped) of the dining plan program.

I think each restaraunt decides yearly if they will renew their participation in the dining plan program. And last year I seem to recall when the new rates came out, many restaraunts were not on the list of DDP restaraunts simply because they hadn't yet renewed their participation in it. But almost all of them did continue to participate in the dining plan. I think the list that you're looking at is only those restaraunts which have thus far officially committed to participating in the dining plan for 2008 and more restaraunts will be added as they officially commit to it as well.

kimmychad

Hey Kimmy, There have been many discussion on how service had suffered with the standard tip. This should rectify that.

yes ive had to wait an extremely long time at coral reef for the candle light processional package. once the waitress saw that i had the late seating for the processional she took her good ole time. if disney thinks i'll simply replace what they're dropping in the form of gratuity they are wrong. if i choose to buy the deluxe dining plan tipping could easily cost me an additional $30-35$ more a day, if i gave 20%. but it will be interesting to see if the wait staff actually act like they're trying to earn a tip now instead of having it given to them.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
In the business I work in, we include gratuity for our workers because otherwise, our customers weren't so nice to include was was fair if anything at all! This way we insured our employees were getting taken care of. In return our workers go above and beyond to do all that they can to make sure that our customers were getting taken care of.

If service wasn't up to par at a particular restaurant, people should have taken issue with management so that it could be corrected. Then that restaurant's management could take it up with the staff and keep an eye on them to make sure they did better. Or, if it continues I'm sure they're couldn't be a shortage of people waiting to take their place who would be willing to take those servers place who would do better.

I'd bet that a portion of those guests who complained that service was poor because they know 18% is included for the staff and what ended up happening was their expectations became very high for the servers and when it didn't match up, they got disappointed and felt as though they were getting ripped off. I never had one complaint over my entire vacation last year and we were there at the tail end of the free dining plan stay.

I really hope the servers don't lose out because people will play the "Well I didn't know it wasnt' included anymore" so that they can get out of paying what the employees deserve. This isn't directed all all DW guests, but you should see what I have to deal with every day with my customers! :brick:

I know that many people on the forums said that service was below par with the dining plan. I only had one incident in all the times that I went. I really do hope that the "I didn't know it wasn't included anymore" doesn't happen. That would be very bad. If I get a server even if the tip is included and they are very good at their job, I do tip above what is included. I have worked in the waitressing jobs when I was younger and I know what it's like to count on a tip.

Pam:wave:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Has anybody else tried to book for Christmas 2008? I've tried two mods (CBR, PO) and WL and the computer keeps coming up with nothing available.

The dates are not loaded into the system yet. I had some quotes and a reservation to do for Dec. and I was told it was too early that they were not loaded into the system yet. I would wait and try again tomorrow to see if it still happens.

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom