2008 Packages are NOW available!!!

These new dining plans don't take effect until 2008 is that right? So for upcoming trips in 2007, the dining plan is still the same even though the new details are out?

sbkline

Hey SB, That is my understanding of the breakdown as well, you may use the credits any way you wish.
As far as room quotes drop one of the Konsultants a PM With your information and the type of resort you are looking for and dates and we will get you a custom quote! Belle

Thanks. :wave:

I had talked with Pam a few weeks ago, so I went ahead and sent her an email just now. Hopefully, she'll be around today to see it, even though it's Sunday. If you see her, tell her to check her emails. :lol:

Pioneer Hall

Thanks. :wave:

I had talked with Pam a few weeks ago, so I went ahead and sent her an email just now. Hopefully, she'll be around today to see it, even though it's Sunday. If you see her, tell her to check her emails. :lol:

All of us are busy at work right now...Pam will definitely get your email.

Pioneer Hall

These new dining plans don't take effect until 2008 is that right? So for upcoming trips in 2007, the dining plan is still the same even though the new details are out?

Yes...the 2007 details are set and will be the way they have been through the end of the year. Everything new does not take effect until the beginning of the new year.

wannabeBelle

I am sure she is already on it!!! Pam, Evan, Elizabeth and myself are all up and on with Disney already taking care of all of our clients who had either booked with us or requested 2008 information. Never fear I am sure Pam or one of us will be getting back with you shortly!! Belle

DiPSU224

thats a shame the plan doesn't include gratuity any longer, in the long run i think the servers will suffer the most

I agree. We always left a little extra something anyway even on the dining plan. Unfortunately some people do not tip the appropriate amount so I think the servers won't be getting as much as they used to.

mousefan1972

Where can we find 2008 room rates? It's great to have all the DDP and package info but before I can book anything we need to know what the room rates are. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I can't seem to find it. Tried the "official" WDW website and am still getting the error message. Thanks! :wave:

wannabeBelle

Hey there Mousefan, I just priced a resort stay for 2 adults for 5 days in January ( Value season I am thinking) standard view room with a 5 day park hopper ticket only, no dining plan of any sort, and my numbers are as follows:
$1046.64 Pop Century
$1346.48 Riverside
Hope this helps!!! If your dates are drastically different or you have another configuration, feel free to contact Pam, Elizabeth or myself for a custom quote. Belle

mousefan1972

Hey there Mousefan, I just priced a resort stay for 2 adults for 5 days in January ( Value season I am thinking) standard view room with a 5 day park hopper ticket only, no dining plan of any sort, and my numbers are as follows:
$1046.64 Pop Century
$1346.48 Riverside
Hope this helps!!! If your dates are drastically different or you have another configuration, feel free to contact Pam, Elizabeth or myself for a custom quote. Belle

Thanks, Belle. I think I'll wait until things calm down a bit.. I'm sure you guys are bombed with requests. We're not looking to go until April and I'm sure those going earlier are busy getting their quotes. I was just hoping to look over the Poly's rates for April and May to figure out the best time to book our 8 night stay, since our dates are flexible (kids not in school yet!) Thanks again for your help.

wannabeBelle

As long as you arent looking around Easter, which is an insanely busy time, I think you are safe waiting for a little bit. If you would like me to call for you though, I can certainly do that immediately. I just got off the phone with disney from doing a quote so I Am free for the moment. Belle

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
And don't forget about Grand Gatherings. I had to switch one over this morning and I am booking a new one now!!

Pam

wannabeBelle

Hey all, Just some random thoughts on the plans for 2008 (these arent in any particular order, just as they occured to me)
1) Losing of gratuity- This can be a good thing for the guest as now as waiter/waitress will be more attentive to insure that he/she is going to get a nice tip. I have heard stories on these boards as well as elsewhere that with the standard tip being included in the plan, service was diminshed somewhat.
2) Hopefully with the loss of the Appetizer, the dinner portions/ sides will be reinstated to a larger portion size. I have noticed that the portion sizes on some items have been reduced as well as items that one would expect to be considered part of an entree were removed to the side dish menu. Hopefully this will change that configuration.
3) Dining was actually reduced by one dollar from the 2007 rates as opposed to increased.
4) Gratuity is still included for all dinner shows or Grand Gathering experiences. In other words if a paying guest would have had it included in the prices quoted to them such as for Hoop De Doo, it will be included for the Dining plan guest as well.
5) I always put a charge card down on my room so I can have a room charge. If I want to just sign and go, I can add the gratuity at my discretion onto the bill sign and go!
6) I think that the children's "appetizer" would still be included as it was usually part of the kid's meal served in those Mickey plates
7) Keep in mind, all package add ons must be done BEFORE you get to your resort. Dining plans CANNOT be added at check in at all.
Any other thoughts anyone?? Belle

orangecard

I haven't seen it mentioned yet in this thread, but according to Mousesavers, Friday and Saturday night rooms may be more expensive than weeknights. I remember reading a few weeks ago that this was a possibility, but it looks like it might be official now.

mousefan1972

Hey all, Just some random thoughts on the plans for 2008 (these arent in any particular order, just as they occured to me)
1) Losing of gratuity- This can be a good thing for the guest as now as waiter/waitress will be more attentive to insure that he/she is going to get a nice tip. I have heard stories on these boards as well as elsewhere that with the standard tip being included in the plan, service was diminshed somewhat.
2) Hopefully with the loss of the Appetizer, the dinner portions/ sides will be reinstated to a larger portion size. I have noticed that the portion sizes on some items have been reduced as well as items that one would expect to be considered part of an entree were removed to the side dish menu. Hopefully this will change that configuration.
3) Dining was actually reduced by one dollar from the 2007 rates as opposed to increased.
4) Gratuity is still included for all dinner shows or Grand Gathering experiences. In other words if a paying guest would have had it included in the prices quoted to them such as for Hoop De Doo, it will be included for the Dining plan guest as well.
5) I always put a charge card down on my room so I can have a room charge. If I want to just sign and go, I can add the gratuity at my discretion onto the bill sign and go!
6) I think that the children's "appetizer" would still be included as it was usually part of the kid's meal served in those Mickey plates
7) Keep in mind, all package add ons must be done BEFORE you get to your resort. Dining plans CANNOT be added at check in at all.
Any other thoughts anyone?? Belle

All really good points. I had thought of using the room charge for tips, too, as one of the main "convenience" features of the DDP was not having to carry cash. The only thing is our family's eating habits tend to include an appetizer, but not necessarily desert. So if we order an appetizer, that would be extra $ out of pocket in addition to the tip. DH is a big fan of the DDP and still wants to get it despite the changes, but I'm not sure. I hope to figure it out this week so I can book. I've been waiting to book our '08 trip since we returned from our '07 trip in May! :lol:

wannabeBelle

I really wonder if this would be an option, to switch the appetizer for the dessert?? Obviously if the plan has an dessert listed the restaurant HAS to do at least that, but I wonder if individually they might be allowed to switch as most of the appetizers and desserts are roughly the same pricing on the menu? Ill ask the next Disney rep I will get to see if this is going to be an option, although this might not be the standard. Ill see what they tell me. Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom