The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
On Etsy people sell the fabric that my figment mask is made of. I would love to buy the fabric to make a cross body purse but my sewing skills aren’t strong enough for that.
There's some really nice ones on there I may send a wish list to the guys. I'll lose about 6 weeks of gift making in total so as soon as I'm free it's sleep pants some with matching tops. A bag is on my wish list as soon as I'm caught up

John park hopper

Ouch...! Sorry about that loss.
I payed $1K for the better stereo right after I graduated HS and the firm I first worked for nights during HS hired me full time the summer of ‘80.
Turntable, receiver, double cassette deck, all Hitachi. The only thing I varied on were the speakers. The Hitachi speakers just weren’t doin’ it for me. After listening to several options, I was finally blown away by speakers from a company called Accord out of Boston, MA. They were BADA$$...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull:
People commented on the sound quality all the time...!!!!! :happy:
Haven’t done an extensive search, but, so far, a coupla’ short searches have rendered no trace of that company, whatsoever.
Maybe, someday ;), I’ll see about gettin’ my whole system back in workin’ condition...!!! :)
Bought my stereo when I was overseas (SEA)and had it shipped home, the brand was Teac, think they are still in business. can't remember the brand of speakers, big sat on the floor, they could put out the sound. IRON BUTTERFLY IN-A -GADDA- DA-VIDA~IN probably why I have hearing lose now HA HA -- I look every now and then on eBay and can find someone selling the same one I had but without my tapes --no point. Don't know if the 8 track works had it in my 56 Chevy back in high school. Saved the 8 track wish I saved and still had the 56

Goofyernmost

Bought my stereo when I was overseas (SEA)and had it shipped home, the brand was Teac, think they are still in business. can't remember the brand of speakers, big sat on the floor, they could put out the sound. IRON BUTTERFLY IN-A -GADDA- DA-VIDA~IN probably why I have hearing lose now HA HA -- I look every now and then on eBay and can find someone selling the same one I had but without my tapes --no point. Don't know if the 8 track works had it in my 56 Chevy back in high school. Saved the 8 track wish I saved and still had the 56
I think all of us bought our stereo equipment while we were in Asia. Much cheaper but good quality. I bought all separate components all different brands. Amplifier, Turn table, cassette player, speakers and my world famous multitasker car 8 track/cassette player. I have to confess I don't remember a single brand name. Most lasted for many years. The first to malfunction was the car tape player. It had a very complex internal mechanical system that enabled it to play both 8 track and cassette by a system that used the same entry point for either. The cassette mechanism would, by automatic levers lift the cassette works out of the way when an 8 track was inserted. The weird thing was it wasn't that part that broke down it was the electronics that stopped working, in stages, over a brief period of time.

MouseDreaming

Pardon my selfish whine for a second..

Milk Cards are something I love.

Fridays are my favorite day of the school week, because it’s Hot Lunch Day, the one day I don’t have to pack lunch. I prepay for every Friday of the year.

Neither one is happening in 2020. :(

This is my only whine, I have to remind myself of what I say to T when he expresses regrets at any change in sports, recreation, or school plans-
“I understand. However, would you rather do it with these modifications, or would you rather still be at home?”
My answer is the same as his - “Oh, this way!”

Just a thought -- can the school order in lunch (on Fridays) from a local vendor -- such as Panera Bread (for example)? Just a thought -- I'm sure other parents also like having a day off each week when they don't have to prepare lunch.

Friday was my favorite. There was something really nice about not having to do lunches on Friday.
I forget, are you going back in person, or remote? Private schools by me are advertising that they will be in person. Best thing to happen for them.

If you are remote, I saw on a local FB page a small restaurant is playing with the idea of offering "school lunch". You have to order in advance. DD loves the empanadas, and that is one of the choices. 2 empanadas with rice and beans. Maybe a sandwich place by you is doing something similar? That way you could pick it up the night before, and special treat lunch would be ready in the fridge.

MySmallWorldof4

@StarWarsGirl or @Cesar R M My oldest has all these zoom meetings today and for some reason her air pods are not connecting to her computer. The computer says the bluetooth is off. I went to the drivers and there is a qualcomm bluetooth driver. It says it is updated because I tried to update it. Then I noticed it says Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (error code 43). I uninstalled it then restarted the computer. Still have the same issue. When I restarted it the driver was back. Still showing bluetooth is off with the same error message again. Any idea what to do?

Rista1313

I think I might have my dads 45 of that song in the basement.

Rista1313

@StarWarsGirl or @Cesar R M My oldest has all these zoom meetings today and for some reason her air pods are not connecting to her computer. The computer says the bluetooth is off. I went to the drivers and there is a qualcomm bluetooth driver. It says it is updated because I tried to update it. Then I noticed it says Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (error code 43). I uninstalled it then restarted the computer. Still have the same issue. When I restarted it the driver was back. Still showing bluetooth is off with the same error message again. Any idea what to do?

Have you tried this:

Here's how to turn Bluetooth on or off in Windows 10:
  1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
  2. Select the Bluetooth switch to turn it On or Off as desired.

SteveBrickNJ

Hope the move-in goes smoothly! This is something you will remember all your life-moving a child into a college dorm! 😉
Thank you. My mid size hatch back....my Mazda CX-5 was filled to the ceiling and up against all windows. As I drove here yesterday my rearview mirror was therefore useless. It was as if I was driving a U Haul Rental truck. 😉

StarWarsGirl

Have you tried this:

Here's how to turn Bluetooth on or off in Windows 10:
  1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
  2. Select the Bluetooth switch to turn it On or Off as desired.
Start with that. Then let us know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom