News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

montyz81

Indeed. The proposed throwbacks, nods, and retro merchandise are an attempt to appease fans of the park whilst systematically destroying it. However, taken in isolation this is an absolutely wonderful thing.

Now if the spine redesign is redesigned again for the better, I will ride Guardians of Energy
Any word on what is going on with the spine redesign or what it will look like? Also is there any plans for energy edutainment in GoTG? I feel like we are going to be surprised with that.

FigmentFan82

Infinite Universe is still a cooler name than Cosmic Rewind. You know, now would be a good time to switch it back, "retooling" due to the pandemic and all. Just saying.
I dunno, Cosmic Rewind has both the fun of referencing the reverse launch and is a nod to a cassette tape and music, which is a huge part of the movies. Infinite Universe doesn't necesarily sound like something for Guardians of the Galaxy, but Cosmic Rewind does

rreading

I dunno, Cosmic Rewind has both the fun of referencing the reverse launch and is a nod to a cassette tape and music, which is a huge part of the movies. Infinite Universe doesn't necesarily sound like something for Guardians of the Galaxy, but Cosmic Rewind does

As much as I prefer the idea of something called "Infinite Universe", I agree with the above.

Honestly, given how little I have heard what this is really going to be like, I don't think that I know which would fit better. If it is an "Infinite Universe" experience, I'll be thrilled!

Horizons1

I think that’s the idea. If this is going to be shoehorned into EPCOT then at least name it something that sounds like a ride at EPCOT would be named. But instead let’s name it like a Six Flags attraction and give away the thrill of the attraction in the name. The attractions name, like its showbuilding, have no idea what subtlety mean.

FigmentFan82

I think that’s the idea. If this is going to be shoehorned into EPCOT then at least name it something that sounds like a ride at EPCOT would be named. But instead let’s name it like a Six Flags attraction and give away the thrill of the attraction in the name. The attractions name, like its showbuilding, have no idea what subtlety mean.
A good ride name should have somewhat of a descriptor in there. "Infinite Universe" while it does sound kinda cool, doesn't really mean anything when it comes to being the name for a GotG ride. it's a little too "throwing darts at a board with words"

montyz81

Agree.

'Cosmic Rewind' sounds like the name of a badly conceived retro night club.

:hungover:

'Infinite Universe' invokes a slight majesty and fits the vibe of the ideals of what Epcot is supposed to inspire.

-
Cosmic Rewind sounds to me like Sonny Eclipse is going to actually be on the planet Yew Nork singing the same thing over and over again inside the gravity building. Oh wait, he already does that somewhere else.

The Empress Lilly

I'm of a bitter and unforgiving disposition.

If Energy was destroyed for a dumb superhero coaster then let it rest in peace. Don't dig up parts of its corps to put those on display to pretend continuity between both experiences.. Spare UoE the indignity.

Cosmic Unrewindable Fail is a better name than anything invoking the hallowed name of UoE by its butcher.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom