News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

montyz81

I'm of a bitter and unforgiving disposition.

If Energy was destroyed for a dumb superhero coaster then let it rest in peace. Don't dig up parts of its corps to put those on display. Spare UoE the indignity.

Cosmic Unrewindable Fail is a better name than anything invoking the hallowed name of UoE by its butcher.
100% agree. That also goes for the Nigel Channing debacle, Frozen Ever after debacle, Mission Space total debacle, and Nemo debacle.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Infinite Universe is still a cooler name than Cosmic Rewind. You know, now would be a good time to switch it back, "retooling" due to the pandemic and all. Just saying.
I think that’s the idea. If this is going to be shoehorned into EPCOT then at least name it something that sounds like a ride at EPCOT would be named. But instead let’s name it like a Six Flags attraction and give away the thrill of the attraction in the name. The attractions name, like its showbuilding, have no idea what subtlety mean.
Better than the current one. IMHO.

I can see the point though, as cosmic rewind can have two meanings. First, if we do indeed travel back to the big bang, that is a cosmic rewind of time. Second, as mentioned above, it references cassette tape music that is so much part of the movies. So while I think infinite universe is a grander name more fitting the park, cosmic rewind isn't horrible, and has merit to it. Could have been worse, it could have been named Groot's revenge or something like that.

Animaniac93-98

Indeed. The proposed throwbacks, nods, and retro merchandise are an attempt to appease fans of the park whilst systematically destroying it.

Let's also not loose sight of how many fans gushing over this fountain for being "classic" are the ones who've spent the last several years online defending Frozen being in EPCOT, the bar on legs, the clumsy design of France's expansion etc.

They like retro EPCOT when its on a t-shirt. They don't care for the philosophy and standards EPCOT's aesthetic was designed to support.

DreamfinderGuy

I dunno, Cosmic Rewind has both the fun of referencing the reverse launch and is a nod to a cassette tape and music, which is a huge part of the movies. Infinite Universe doesn't necesarily sound like something for Guardians of the Galaxy, but Cosmic Rewind does
One fits the IP better. One fits the park better. However, trying to say anything GotG relates "better" to the park is a really dumb thing to argue, so fair point.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
DD67ADE8-216F-4226-9669-308F8D1A265F.jpeg

just now

ImperfectPixie

I dunno, Cosmic Rewind has both the fun of referencing the reverse launch and is a nod to a cassette tape and music, which is a huge part of the movies. Infinite Universe doesn't necesarily sound like something for Guardians of the Galaxy, but Cosmic Rewind does
As much as I prefer the idea of something called "Infinite Universe", I agree with the above.

Honestly, given how little I have heard what this is really going to be like, I don't think that I know which would fit better. If it is an "Infinite Universe" experience, I'll be thrilled!
It seems to me to be a nod to the source material and Marvel, Infinity stones, multiverse, etc.

That said, it does fit Epcot much better and I think "Cosmic Rewind" sounds hokey.

yensidtlaw1969

Now if the spine redesign is redesigned again for the better, I will ride Guardians of Energy and smile at the onride photo opportunity.

Once.

If photopass is included on my park pass.

Ideally also if they renamed it back to the original name
Do you mean if they renamed the Guardians ride back to its original name?

*EDIT: This is what I get for responding before catching up with the rest of the thread.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Have you watched the cbs all access shows?... It already has been ruined, IMO.
Not to derail the thread. Yes, it took me a long time even watch the second episode of Discovery (based on the free Pilot episode). The constant sun lens flairs distracted me (78 lens flairs in the first episode). When I got CBS All Access Christmas 2019 due to the special offer, I gave Discovery a chance, the lens flairs eventually did calm down. I really liked it from Mudd on. Now, the explaination on why Discovery is so technlogicaly superior to all others and that the crew missions and names can never be mentioned, was a little weird.

Picard, I was eager to see from the get go. That is why I grabbed the special. Then I watched the show...... got through most episodes hoping the story line would get better. The only episode that had me entertained was Riker and Troi. I have not finished the first season yet. Don't know if I will.

So, now when do we think the walls come down and the water turned on? :)

montyz81

Let's also not loose sight of how many fans gushing over this fountain for being "classic" are the ones who've spent the last several years online defending Frozen being in EPCOT, the bar on legs, the clumsy design of France's expansion etc.
They like retro EPCOT when its on a t-shirt. They don't care for the philosophy and standards EPCOT's aesthetic was designed to support.
People were defending Frozen being in Epcot? Those people are not purists. (FYI: lose not loose)

montyz81

C'mon. It has to be acrylic. Disney wouldn't spend the money on glass! But, the old one was acrylic so, I am fine with it if it is acrylic. Also, why are people now calling these pylons? Aren't they prisms? Weren't they originally prisms? Pylons make me think of a pier at a beach. It also makes me think of Cylons. (OK, stream of consciousness over).

The Rocketeer

Not to derail the thread. Yes, it took me a long time even watch the second episode of Discovery (based on the free Pilot episode). The constant sun lens flairs distracted me (78 lens flairs in the first episode). When I got CBS All Access Christmas 2019 due to the special offer, I gave Discovery a chance, the lens flairs eventually did calm down. I really liked it from Mudd on. Now, the explaination on why Discovery is so technlogicaly superior to all others and that the crew missions and names can never be mentioned, was a little weird.

Picard, I was eager to see from the get go. That is why I grabbed the special. Then I watched the show...... got through most episodes hoping the story line would get better. The only episode that had me entertained was Riker and Troi. I have not finished the first season yet. Don't know if I will.

So, now when do we think the walls come down and the water turned on? :)
Agreed. I don’t like the continuity errors with the technology. The Mudd episodes are good and I like Saru. I’m intrigued about the next season for sure. It’s still my least favorite trek show probably. With Picard it’s though. The Riker and Troi episode was good, the rest I thought were...fine, but the show feels like it’s in an alternate universe. Ok I’m done now, sorry all 😂

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
C'mon. It has to be acrylic. Disney wouldn't spend the money on glass! But, the old one was acrylic so, I am fine with it if it is acrylic. Also, why are people now calling these pylons? Aren't they prisms? Weren't they originally prisms? Pylons make me think of a pier at a beach. It also makes me think of Cylons. (OK, stream of consciousness over).
Glass is definitely cheaper than acrylic in 2020. Things have changed a lot in the last 10 years (to say nothing of the last 5 months) and glass has wound up cheaper than high quality plastics for most applications.

AHA101

And to add, acrylic weighs less than glass, so they would probably have to modify the existing structure too much in order for these PYLONS to created out of glass. Imagine all the coins hitting the glass also....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom