News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

brb1006

This is a really nice surprise for me....as I didn't think Disney would actually bring back the entrance prisms for the fountain.
I am delighted to see these return.
Absolutely delighted.

The entire front entrance refresh / return to previous state has been great to see happen both in person and afar.
I cannot express in mere typed words how happy I am to finally see those 'Leave a Legacy ' monoliths removed and the greenery return.
The prism back on top of the entrance fountain is just the cherry on top.

Palm trees next in front of SSE, please....

:)

-
Now that one drawing of Figment crying while looking at the "Leave A Legacy" monoliths as graves for past Epcot attractions can finally be put to rest.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's nice to see the fountain return to its original form, but the park is still CHAPEK Center.

Dressing it up in 80s iconography doesn't excuse all the poor decisions leading up to now.
Indeed. The proposed throwbacks, nods, and retro merchandise are an attempt to appease fans of the park whilst systematically destroying it. However, taken in isolation this is an absolutely wonderful thing.

Now if the spine redesign is redesigned again for the better, I will ride Guardians of Energy and smile at the onride photo opportunity.

Once.

If photopass is included on my park pass.

Ideally also if they renamed it back to the original name

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Another Website is saying it's Lucite (i.e. acrylic). Do you know for sure it's polycarbonate?
No. Lucite would be the better choice between the two as it does not yellow like your run of the mill polycarbonate will. It still, however, is subject to physical weathering. Wind and rain will eventually dull the surface requiring it to be periodically refinished.

tirian

It's nice to see the fountain return to its original form, but the park is still CHAPEK Center.

Dressing it up in 80s iconography doesn't excuse all the poor decisions leading up to now.
Can we just have a moment this moment for once? It's the only positive news we had in months.

No kidding! It’s bittersweet because the plans show this team doesn’t understand the values of Epcot at all*, but the fountain prism is still beautiful. :)

But you know they’re looking at our reactions and saying, “See? It’s a success! The fans love it! Now slap preschool themes onto everything that’s left!” (I kid, I kid.)

*a night show celebrating how cultures influence Disney music and vice-versa? Really? Can it get any more corporate than that?

trainplane3

No kidding! It’s bittersweet because the plans show this team doesn’t understand the values of Epcot at all*, but the fountain prism is still beautiful. :)

But you know they’re looking at our reactions and saying, “See? It’s a success! The fans love it! Now slap preschool themes onto everything that’s left!” (I kid, I kid.)

*a night show celebrating how cultures influence Disney music and vice-versa? Really? Can it get any more corporate than that?
The thing that makes me instantly not care about that show is how everything we've seen and heard is literally just music from Disney/Pixar movies. Even though I'm sure we'll get some kind of original main theme, it's not going to be enough for me to care about it. Well...if I could get a special view of the show maybe.

I'm sure it'll be a technological marvel though.

At least RoL (originally) had a great soundtrack. RoE had an amazing score that could stand on its own.

lazyboy97o

The thing that makes me instantly not care about that show is how everything we've seen and heard is literally just music from Disney/Pixar movies. Even though I'm sure we'll get some kind of original main theme, it's not going to be enough for me to care about it. Well...if I could get a special view of the show maybe.

I'm sure it'll be a technological marvel though.

At least RoL (originally) had a great soundtrack. RoE had an amazing score that could stand on its own.
But where else can you hear these Disney songs? It's not like many people have access to a streaming service with Disney music or YouTube. This is why World Showcase must change, because people can just read Wikipedia about countries but they can't just listen to music or watch movies anywhere.

jt04

But where else can you hear these Disney songs? It's not like many people have access to a streaming service with Disney music or YouTube. This is why World Showcase must change, because people can just read Wikipedia about countries but they can't just listen to music or watch movies anywhere.

Well not with accompanying fireworks anyway.🎆

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom