The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Weird, I havent heard much about the updates on this ride but its been going for more than a year if I remember correctly?

I hope they replaced the other attractions that were VERY ugly and plain..

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
She's doing Merchandise, and her "home" is Mouse Gear in Epcot. She only just started a few weeks ago. I've been seeing the pictures from her days off on her mom's facebook. She went to Universal when she first got down there, and last week she had a day off and decided to meet as many characters as she could, so there were pictures with Gaston, and Daisy, and Ariel, and a bunch of others. It looks like she is having a great time.

Nice. Mouse Gear is one of my favorite venues for merchandise. I'm glad she seems to be enjoying her time so far. My son loved his. Time of his life. MG is a coveted place. My son was blessed with both his CP and Intership in coveted roles. Fortunate. Is the young woman from where you grew up?

Last edited:

Gabe1

MA has auto excise tax based upon the book value of the car. Since I always drive heaps, it's only $30 a year. Some people pay hundreds of dollars. Like many taxes, it wasn't supposed to be permanent, but of course, they made it permanent years ago. A dog license is a tag that identifies your dog if he's lost. It's also a law that all dogs have rabies certificates and I have to produce that every year to get the dog tag. City keeps tabs on the number of domestic animals in the area, too.

If a dog is off leash and no owner in sight, the dog officer can impound a dog without a tag (and when the owners finally call around to the cops to see if someone has seen a dog with their description), the cops call in the owners and levy a fine on them. Strictly enforced here.

Yikes. I can only imagine the annual tax for a newer vehicle as I sway back and forth. A new auto would cost me a bundle I guess, yet I tend to keep my autos until they die in the end I would owe less...still I pay sales tax that is hefty when I buy them an additional excise tax to continue to own what you purchased and have been taxed on....oy. Who thinks this stuff up. (no disrespect, Illinois is the highest taxed state in the country)

We have a dog tag registration too. $3. It too is more an exercise of rabies check.

Our town just gave up on a city sticker for autos. It was $10. The cost of administrating and the sticker out weighed the revenue they received. My Mom's City sticker for her car is $110 so there is revenue there for a much larger town. Our town is tiny so it was more an exercise of stupidity that went away about 10 years ago. Still our water bills are beyond nutsville. A freak'n car payment each month nutsville.

Gabe1

Because our lovely government likes to tax everything (and I say that wanting to move to Europe)...bascially it's a yearly percentage tax on the value of your car. Not sure about dog tax but usually you have to register your dog every year or so.

Blurg. One of the few taxes we do not have...yet. I did note this week though that certain fines, excessive fines, administrative costs etc have been outlawed by the supreme courts along with confiscation of properties without judgement have been outlawed, baby steps were at least had.

Yep, I get your desire to bolt. I wrestle with the daily unrest here the last few years. I wake each morning to wonder what has hit the fan. I appreciate that. Unfortunately at the current moment Europe seems to be having issues of their own. What the heck??? I fail to understand the whys of it all.

Gabe1

No surprise, certain groups, including trolls and BAD people...
Have been actually targeting youtube in a bad way.
There has been cases where videos that look completely educational and safe.. had "intermissions" right in the middle, where they tell kids how to kill themselves by cutting their veins "the correct way". These small bits hidden inside real content are a nightmare to review and catch. Since they are so far the video that makes parents think its a safe video.. Pedophiles used this dirty trick as well. Very hard to track and moderate as the cheer amount of content uploaded every day is staggering.
Still... Its insane how evil these people are.

Ugh. You obviously are more knowledgeable than I am. It is all so disappointing. The concept of tech is awesome but not all that different than so much with tech.

If you are a bad person you can use tech to steal from just about anyone, evil enough to find ways to cheat on your spouse, take nasty photos and text them and so much more if you are that type of person. Looking from the sidelines and not being of that type of mindset it makes my brain go PING!

YouTube to me was a great way to see some funny videos vs the dark side. Kinda like the forums also have their dark side for those types of individuals. Likely why I spend more times watching Netflix movies. Too many creepity people looking to bring harm to others.

Gabe1

I thought I was the only one that felt that way. The waste of fuel and the alleged social status of SUV's are starting to wear on me. 🙂
I bought my Cadillac with the express purpose of it being my retirement car. I figured it would be paid for by the time I retired. The sticker price was $58000.

The ying and yang. My first truck was no where near the price of $58000 of the social status cost your Cadillac. I love my truck. You loved your Cadillac. Either one could be considered a social status I guess. In my day a Cadillac was more of a Social Status symbol than a truck/suv. Where I grew up a Cadillac was leaps and bounds more of a Social Status than a 'blue collar' truck or my SUV Blazer. Kinda why it is difficult to Judge people by what they choose to own.

Gabe1

Heck, I still have a VCR as well. They cannot stream the video's of my kids plays or recitals. I don't know what I will do when mine breaks down. And all those years of Disney Vacation videos are no longer viewable.

Seriously, GoodWill. They are loaded down with VCR's and DVD/VCR combos. Every time my DD works while in DisneyWorld she buys a monitor for an extension of her work laptop (all of which she has everyday back home) along with a keyboard and a mouse. From GoodWill she can purchase a monitor, mouse and keyboard for under $10 and then she abandons them with a 'free' 'abandoned' note taped to them so they are free for the asking and does not fall into the lost and found loop of WDW.

For the same reason we all still individually owning VCR/DVD players. Tech keeps changing and upgrading all of these 20-30 year old tapes or DVDs to the latest tech version is expensive or minimally expensive. It is just simpler and more cost effective for us to keep a bit of yesteryear tech in our life.

Gabe1

@MySmallWorldof4 all the pattern companies released spring patterns YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! At Joann's Vogue is on sale through Sunday and McCall's next week. YEA! I'm eying this one View attachment 351737https://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v9363. View A should be long enough for sun dress for your girls, or could be worn with bike shorts. It comes in size extra small even better:joyfull: as it should fit straight away

Nice! I can't wait to see your final garment. Always cute. :) I look forward to you returning to Orlando. Your creations for your last trip, awesome.

Gabe1

You can do this yourself, you only need a VHS and a TV Capture card in a computer.
Most TV Capture cards have programs explicitly for saving the analog video to digitals, then you can use your favorite program to put them on DVD or blurays later on.

I still recommend Pro companies, since DVDS and Blurays DO DEGRADE. Most have a shelf life of 15 years or less.
Professional Companies that do crystaline or "pressed" dvds and blurays.. they can last up to 50 years.

Funny how that all works. I still have 35 year old VHS tapes that are nice and clear. Even more impressive I have 8mm home movie tape from when my Sis and I were tiny kids that we can still watch. Fortunate.

12in12

The ying and yang. My first truck was no where near the price of $58000 of the social status cost your Cadillac. I love my truck. You loved your Cadillac. Either one could be considered a social status I guess. In my day a Cadillac was more of a Social Status symbol than a truck/suv. Where I grew up a Cadillac was leaps and bounds more of a Social Status than a 'blue collar' truck or my SUV Blazer. Kinda why it is difficult to Judge people by what they choose to own.
To this day I have never owned a car, I'm quite happy about that since I know no matter what country you live in they are expensive to buy and drive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom