The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

It is boasting rights for environmentalists. Just look at the plastic silverware and soda, juice and water bottles used every day. These straws are not leaving the property for the ocean. You are hard pressed to even get a straw near an animal anywhere at AK and can’t bring cups on the Safari.

I am happy to see lids and straws return to children’s cups in many venues and for people with disabilities.

Disney is adding more self serve beverages to park quick service. Too many drinks sloshing into or dumping on food. At Columbia House I had a cup of water on my tray on a crowded time. Someone bumped into me water tipped over but ran onto floor just missing woman in chair. Lids were created long ago with a purpose.

Note the nice disposable trays for Arts Festival our desserts came on.

View attachment 351406View attachment 351407
Funnily, there was an indian inventor who created EDIBLE wood/pasta based forks and utensils, even disposable dishes and trays.
You could either EAT the thing after you finish, or just trash it and it will degrade in 30 days.
I wonder why they havent switched to that considering the price is VERY low per produced.

Cesar R M

No surprise, certain groups, including trolls and BAD people...
Have been actually targeting youtube in a bad way.
There has been cases where videos that look completely educational and safe.. had "intermissions" right in the middle, where they tell kids how to kill themselves by cutting their veins "the correct way". These small bits hidden inside real content are a nightmare to review and catch. Since they are so far the video that makes parents think its a safe video.. Pedophiles used this dirty trick as well. Very hard to track and moderate as the cheer amount of content uploaded every day is staggering.
Still... Its insane how evil these people are.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Funnily, there was an indian inventor who created EDIBLE wood/pasta based forks and utensils, even disposable dishes and trays.
You could either EAT the thing after you finish, or just trash it and it will degrade in 30 days.
I wonder why they havent switched to that considering the price is VERY low per produced.
It is $$$. My kids Dad is a plastics molding engineer. The raw product shot into these molds greatly varies though often cost negligible per individual part shot through the molds with customers of Disney volume. In the grand scheme firms like Disney look at the greater volume savings as profits. I understand but then don’t blur that line with straws and lids being an environmental decision. Disney receives kudos for saving the Ocean they don’t impact due to their in house Ready Creek facilities (I saw last year) and then also profit by not purchasing standard straws and lids while raising prices within the same calendar year.

I do my part to help the environment. I actually look at photos of families with styrofoam plates and cringe. Littythings do matter. The straws and lids at Disney are a decoy to their greater overall environmental impact.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
In the other hand.. what a shame.. RCCL will cut all Dreamworks based entertainment on all their ships and replace it with "in house entertainment".
If these "in house entertainment" are their own branded shows (like the super tacky and ad filled ice show on the allure). Its going to be awful..
And people diss Disney. It is a cheaper vacation. More profits to the Line. Employees always enduring hardships. Nobody cares. Sad.

FutureCEO

Sorry about Valentines Day. But I have to ask? What is an Auto excise tax and dog tax? If you don’t mind what the heck do those cost?

Makes my head hurt.

Because our lovely government likes to tax everything (and I say that wanting to move to Europe)...bascially it's a yearly percentage tax on the value of your car. Not sure about dog tax but usually you have to register your dog every year or so.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sorry about Valentines Day. But I have to ask? What is an Auto excise tax and dog tax? If you don’t mind what the heck do those cost?

Makes my head hurt.

MA has auto excise tax based upon the book value of the car. Since I always drive heaps, it's only $30 a year. Some people pay hundreds of dollars. Like many taxes, it wasn't supposed to be permanent, but of course, they made it permanent years ago. A dog license is a tag that identifies your dog if he's lost. It's also a law that all dogs have rabies certificates and I have to produce that every year to get the dog tag. City keeps tabs on the number of domestic animals in the area, too.

If a dog is off leash and no owner in sight, the dog officer can impound a dog without a tag (and when the owners finally call around to the cops to see if someone has seen a dog with their description), the cops call in the owners and levy a fine on them. Strictly enforced here.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep, same here...!!! 🙂
Although, back in the day, I used to devour the entire meal in one sitting without blinking...!!! 😉
Hardly ever do that anymore...but, I posted about finishing off this entire Elvis Presley Memorial Combo in one siting, plus chips and salsa, a while back...last time I remember doin’ that with a meal that crazy-huge...!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious::hungry:;):)

View attachment 351388

Just gotta say, I'd love an Elvis Presley Memorial Combo -- maybe for lunch today! :D

Figgy1

Premium Member
MA has auto excise tax based upon the book value of the car. Since I always drive heaps, it's only $30 a year. Some people pay hundreds of dollars. Like many taxes, it wasn't supposed to be permanent, but of course, they made it permanent years ago. A dog license is a tag that identifies your dog if he's lost. It's also a law that all dogs have rabies certificates and I have to produce that every year to get the dog tag. City keeps tabs on the number of domestic animals in the area, too.

If a dog is off leash and no owner in sight, the dog officer can impound a dog without a tag (and when the owners finally call around to the cops to see if someone has seen a dog with their description), the cops call in the owners and levy a fine on them. Strictly enforced here.
The like is for keeping tabs on dogs in urban areas

MySmallWorldof4

That was the most positive thing when I first got the VW. 38 mpg. I live 600 miles from WDW and I can fill up my car as I leave home and get all the way there on one tank. Granted I wouldn't try to get much further, but, that never happened with my big car and I even thought that one got decent mileage for a big car. 23 mpg. Went from a V-8 to a 4 cyl., but, with a turbo it has more get up and go then any vehicle I ever had in the past.
Our Suburban can get to Disney on less than 2 fill ups. It does great on highway mileage. It actually does better than our minivan. My first new car was a Jetta. Then I made dh get his own Jetta after we married. Our first family car was a Jetta station wagon. When the infant car seat we bought would not fit well in the back seat, we went with a Trailblazer for our bext car. We have had minivans and SUV’s since. When we become emptynesters, we will size down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom