The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

View attachment 315901Again at great risk to life and limb, mostly limb. rom the top: pepper chutney, red pepper hummus, sautéed greens, falafel, cucumber bean salad, tomatoes with honey mustard, apple/pear chutney, in the middle forbidden rice made with TC's couc cous recipe and off to the side naan all from scratch
I think your dh needs a transfer to the military depot near me so we can be neighbors.;) That food looks delicious. :hungry::hungry:

Goofyernmost

That's actually incredible, and about time the auto industry did something intelligent like that.
Sadly, on many levels, the car in question is a German engineered VW. I really wish we could get back in the automotive lead again as far as innovation is concerned. The only innovation that I have seen in US autos of late have been massive flat screens on the dash board that distract almost constantly from paying attention to the road ahead. But, to be honest, I haven't really gravitated to US cars as of late.

I bought my Cadillac with the express purpose of it being my retirement car. I figured it would be paid for by the time I retired. The sticker price was $58000. in 2005. (I'd say that would be close to $90K now) Since the warranty expired in 2010, I spent over $19000. in repairs from that time until the day they informed me of an additional $6500. for the engine repair. The car was immaculate, Exterior and Interior. It had a bazillion extras on it, like mechanical window shade screens, heated and AC seats, message units in driver and passenger seat backs, automatic 6 CD stereo system, outside mirror defrosters, and other things to numerous to mention. Then at 125,000 miles the engine head gaskets went and no one would touch that engine except the Cadillac dealers and all agreed that 6.5K was the price. I was tired of throwing good money after bad and just gave up. Sold it and leased the VW. Actually, since it gets 36 miles per gallon, I have nothing negative to say about my Deutschland special. It doesn't have the smooth ride that the Caddy had, but, it is comfortable and I actually am very happy with it.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My aunt is in Chicago this weekend, so I told her not to forget to get some Garrett's popcorn. She texted me a picture of the bag last night...ooo I'm so jealous! :hungry:

I'm not a Big Fan of Popcorn, being over the top in Love with Garrett's Popcorn just shows how truly delicious it is. But in fairness there are many shops and all are not created equal. So far I find the free standing store on the Mag Mile to be the best, always has a line and the popcorn barely is popped before it is accented with something. The worst of them I've found is inside WaterTower Mall. Just not as fresh but still tasty.

Gabe1

Sadly, on many levels, the car in question is a German engineered VW. I really wish we could get back in the automotive lead again as far as innovation is concerned. The only innovation that I have seen in US autos of late have been massive flat screens on the dash board that distract almost constantly from paying attention to the road ahead. But, to be honest, I haven't really gravitated to US cars as of late.

I bought my Cadillac with the express purpose of it being my retirement car. I figured it would be paid for by the time I retired. The sticker price was $58000. in 2005. (I'd say that would be close to $90K now) Since the warranty expired in 2010, I spent over $19000. in repairs from that time until the day they informed me of an additional $6500. for the engine repair. The car was immaculate, Exterior and Interior. It had a bazillion extras on it, like mechanical window shade screens, heated and AC seats, message unites in driver and passenger seat backs, automatic 6 CD stereo system, outside mirror defrosters, and other things to numerous to mention. Then at 125,000 miles the engine head gaskets went and no one would touch that engine except the Cadillac dealers and all agreed that 6.5K was the price. I was tired of throwing good money after bad and just gave up. Sold it and leased the VW. Actually, since it gets 36 miles per gallon, I have nothing negative to say about my Deutschland special. It doesn't have the smooth ride that the Caddy had, but, it is comfortable and I actually am very happy with it.

We had a Lincoln Towncar about the same price range and she was lovely to be a passenger in and to drive. Warm seats in winter, great comfy support just lovely and about the same price as you quoted. She did well to the 100,000 mark before like most aging autos it became an issue because everything cost a bazillion to repair or replace. It wasn't MY car, Mine was the Pick-up. Funny how that works out.

Gabe1

Don't laugh I found the perfect jeans, not too high or low a rise, just slightly boot cut, comes in a couple of colors at Walmart a couple of years ago now I can order them. If they discontinue them I'll be very mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW the first pair is still in good shape:joyfull:

Does it have a 'name?' That is part of the problem, the boot cut lately is too much a boot cut given I am short, tall people might be able to pull it off. The skinny ankle is fine for certain shoes but the range of material from short to medium varies so much, too much and the jean puckers up the leg. So frustrating.

Gabe1

Yesterday, I took my car to the car wash. It was absolutely disgusting, and I did not feel like spending hours trying to clean it myself today. My dad is thoroughly against car washes. He believes that if you take your car to the car wash instead of doing it yourself, you're being lazy and wasting money. I don't see how $10 plus the $2 I saved when I put gas in the car for not wasting at least an hour, probably more, of my time, is wasting money, but anyway, because of his opinion, I just decided not to mention it.

He came in today: "You took your car to the car wash, didn't you?"

And there we have it. Conclusive proof that he is about as obsessed with the condition of my car as I am. :hilarious: Surprisingly, once I told him that it didn't cost much and I got a discount on the gas, he really didn't say much.

Blurg! And why so many young adults move out of their parents home earlier than they should. I was a very much pick your battles with my kids. I reserved it for important things so they would consider my advice vs an opinion every aspect of their life which would render everything as blah blah blah.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Does it have a 'name?' That is part of the problem, the boot cut lately is too much a boot cut given I am short, tall people might be able to pull it off. The skinny ankle is fine for certain shoes but the range of material from short to medium varies so much, too much and the jean puckers up the leg. So frustrating.
It seems my favorite jeans are gone Yikes!!! It seems they are phasing out Faded Glory in favor of Wonder nation Brand:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy: The new one looks the same so next chance I get I may have to try them on https://www.walmart.com/ip/Girls-Bootcut-Jean/337390226 1537776836737.png
They seem identical and still come in light medium dark wash and khaki. If they don't work out next up making my own jeans.

Figgy1

Premium Member
View attachment 315942

Does anybody know what happened to the sword? I mean don't get me wrong, it was funny telling A to pull the sword out when there wasn't one, but I'd honestly thought it was just one statue. I didn't think the sword actually came out!
OMG that's both sad and funny. It does come out. It's controlled by a mechanical mechanism, so I hope it's just out for repairs. I wish I had a pic on this computer of James getting to pull it out.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

I bought my Cadillac with the express purpose of it being my retirement car. I figured it would be paid for by the time I retired. The sticker price was $58000. in 2005. (I'd say that would be close to $90K now) Since the warranty expired in 2010, I spent over $19000. in repairs from that time until the day they informed me of an additional $6500. for the engine repair. The car was immaculate, Exterior and Interior. It had a bazillion extras on it, like mechanical window shade screens, heated and AC seats, message unites in driver and passenger seat backs, automatic 6 CD stereo system, outside mirror defrosters, and other things to numerous to mention. Then at 125,000 miles the engine head gaskets went and no one would touch that engine except the Cadillac dealers and all agreed that 6.5K was the price. I was tired of throwing good money after bad and just gave up. Sold it and leased the VW. Actually, since it gets 36 miles per gallon, I have nothing negative to say about my Deutschland special. It doesn't have the smooth ride that the Caddy had, but, it is comfortable and I actually am very happy with it.

Interesting you brought up the VW. Heard some news recently . . . :cautious:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a19155284/volkswagen-beetle-discontinued/

MinnieM123

Premium Member
View attachment 315942

Does anybody know what happened to the sword? I mean don't get me wrong, it was funny telling A to pull the sword out when there wasn't one, but I'd honestly thought it was just one statue. I didn't think the sword actually came out!

Haven't a clue what happened to the sword. Come to think of it, I haven't seen the ceremony they (at least used to have) at the sword, where they'd pick a kid from the crowd, to magically be able to pull out the sword.

Anyway, that aside, I hope you and A got to ride on the Prince Charming Regal Carousel -- I love that, and there was a refurbishment to it this past year. Glad to see the tarps around it are finally gone!!

Rista1313

I'm not a Big Fan of Popcorn, being over the top in Love with Garrett's Popcorn just shows how truly delicious it is. But in fairness there are many shops and all are not created equal. So far I find the free standing store on the Mag Mile to be the best, always has a line and the popcorn barely is popped before it is accented with something. The worst of them I've found is inside WaterTower Mall. Just not as fresh but still tasty.

We usually stay on Ontario st, and there is one right there just off of Michigan. Always has a line.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Haven't a clue what happened to the sword. Come to think of it, I haven't seen the ceremony they (at least used to have) at the sword, where they'd pick a kid from the crowd, to magically be able to pull out the sword.

Anyway, that aside, I hope you and A got to ride on the Prince Charming Regal Carousel -- I love that, and there was a refurbishment to it this past year. Glad to see the tarps around it are finally gone!!
The ceremony went from a "show" to a random magical experience quite a while ago

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom