The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Gah... my new ADR date is in March... so I keep trying to initiate discussion with the hubby about how/where to eat this trip... but he hates that he has to deal with trying to decided where to eat so far in advance...

Yah, that would never work for me, either. My preferences change from one day to the next. Plus with the heat in Florida, I eat a lot less. For example, making a reservation for a big Italian dinner six months prior to a trip, (while I'm still in a cool or cold climate), doesn't make sense (for me). If I'm hot, the last thing I'd want is a big Italian dinner. I might only be up for a fruit plate that night, you know?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hahaaa...!!!!! :hilarious:
Yep, high-end custom residential is a whole other world that I’ll never know personally by living in any of it, but, it is my career, so I’m very familiar with some pretty trendy stuff...in my position, I better be...! ;)

For example, here are some pics of some renderings of just one high-end custom residential project we’ve been working on for over a year now...

View attachment 338062
View attachment 338064
View attachment 338063
View attachment 338061

As you can see, she’ll have a beautiful garden and water feature/stream just outside of her closet.
In the last photo of the garage lounge I have circled 3 display cases that will have Samurai warriors in them and a 3-screen multi-purpose simulator. You can swap out a steering wheel for motorcycle handle bars, or an airplane stick or yoke, etc., depending on the simulation you want.
Yep, a whole other world, for sure...!!! :geek:
A TV screen in a bathroom mirror is a mere novelty to folks like this.
Just the plain facts.
Now, if I ever win the lottery (that I don’t play :cyclops:;)), the first thing I’m gonna’ do is go out and get me one a’ them mirrors with a TV in it...!!!!!!! :joyfull::D:hilarious:;)

And, it looks like she also has space for as many shoes as Imelda Marcos! ;) :happy:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yah, that would never work for me, either. My preferences change from one day to the next. Plus with the heat in Florida, I eat a lot less. For example, making a reservation for a big Italian dinner six months prior to a trip, (while I'm still in a cool or cold climate), doesn't make sense (for me). If I'm hot, the last thing I'd want is a big Italian dinner. I might only be up for a fruit plate that night, you know?
I agree anything over 95 is a bit warm for pasta;)

donaldtoo

Almost ended up with enough meat to last the rest of winter on my commute home this evenin’... :cyclops: :cautious:
Just as I was rounding one of the blind curves on my ol’ country back road, about 6-8 deer decided to bolt across the road...missed two of ‘em by >< that much...darn, ‘cause I REALLY like venison... :bored:

:hilarious: :cautious: :D ;)

Goofyernmost

2019 is going to be weird. First whale tails and now this look View attachment 338181:rolleyes:
You know what really rips my genes? Women are constantly attacking their hair, they heat it to extremes, find a million ways to tie it in knots or pass it through small openings for the sake of fashion. Constantly bombard it with chemicals that change the color, bleach all color away, I remember my mother and perm night. And yet, they get to keep almost all their hair all their life. Men, wash it and comb it and it falls out by the handful. There is nothing even slightly fair about that. When I die and go up to the pearly gates... God and I are going to have a discussion about that.
Who am I kidding... I won't get within 400 yards of the gate before I am trespassed. However, someone needs to answer for this obvious flaw in design.

Rista1313

Wow....my problem is narrowing it down to which ones we "truly" want to do. We have 2 weeks and narrowing it down to 14 was hard and I still have several I wish we could fit in.
But...you mentioned not being hungry....do you eat breakfast? What about using some TS for breakfasts and that way you aren't tied down at dinner to a specific time? You can get counter service whenever you feel like it. Or, make your ADRs for a bit later than you usually would so you are actually hungry by that time?

We usually eat a light breakfast... cereal or something back in the room.... and we eat some form of lunch usually, But I made most dinner ADR's about 630pm... it was hot, and we just weren't as hungry as we wish we had been. Oh there are lots of places I would love to eat, but we just want to be free to eat earlier or later or QS or TS... Free to be, you and me!

Rista1313

We did find in May that the heat also made us not as hungry. I know what I do want.... that Gran Marnier slush in France.... that sounds good right now!

donaldtoo

I really wish that you could just buy entrance tickets with a no rides option. Some just want to enjoy just seeing the parks and don't want to go on rides. I just want to see Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. I don't care about the rides.

Sounds pretty reasonable, actually. I guess they could give all the full-attraction guests some sort of wrist band or something, and not to those that were just there to kinda’ hang out...?
Plus, those that aren’t there with the wrist bands could potentially contribute to making up the revenue difference by “hanging out” in food and merch shops...?!!! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom