The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

You guys are killing me with the Disney trips.

We’re going sometime in ‘19... now T wants to go before Galaxy’s Edge opens.. he keeps asking. I’ve already checked during his Easter break and most rooms are sold out.

Do you all think that all of Disney World will be crazy busy once GE opens?
I made a pact not to go back before that time.
Well, think about how packed AK was when Pandora opened....now think about how much more popular Star Wars is than Avatar. I don't want to be anywhere near Star Wars land when it opens for at least a year. Did you read my post about Wizarding World of Harry Potter when it opened? We could get into the main park, but not to the Harry Potter section....less than an hour after opening for the day, they were at capacity. And that was a month after they opened Wizarding World. I think it's going to be PACKED once GE opens. There may be some fans who wouldn't have gone to Disney before, but they will come for Star Wars, and while they are there, they might as well check out the rest. I could be wrong, but my guess is that it will be a few years before everyone has had a chance to see it and the crowds die down.

MySmallWorldof4

It is a marvel we had not seen before even given the resorts we have stayed in the last few years that trend. But I see it is proclaimed NORM according to others and so common but never mentioned. Giggle. And giggle some more. So is life. :rolleyes: But this in the mirror was so fun to experience. Who knew this is an everyday request? Not me. Anybody have these in their homes? Am I the odd man out?
Uh, no. I think it is just weird. I am ok with no tv in the bathroom.

MySmallWorldof4

I found an article that said he fell out the window playing hide-and-seek. He wanted to hide behind a curtain and didn't see that the window was open. The family says he's doing well.
The like was for him doing well. Are these floor to ceiling windows? Did he just lean back thinking he would be braced by a wall or window? It is really messed up.

MySmallWorldof4

I actually have, by chance, picked up a to go order from a Giordano’s in Orlando. Didn’t know it was Chicago “pizza” at the time. It was OK. No idea how it would compare to the original. #NYpizzasnob

My first lease, as of 5 days ago:

View attachment 338012

(This also counts as my palm tree/weather pic in sunny South Florida!)

Debating a short WDW trip either between the marathon and MLK day (15th to 17th ish) or the last few days of January. CBR is surprisingly still cheap after the refurb on AP discounts! Would like to check it out again.
Congratulations! Pretty color. CBR is still inexpensive by Disney standards.

MySmallWorldof4

I think we're going to need a party bus:joyfull: Making stops along route 80 into the NYC metro area south to 78 @SteveBrickNJ hope that's not too far out of the way to 81 sorry @MySmallWorldof4 and @StarWarsGirl you'll have to travel just a bit to meet up with us along 81 down into NC before getting to FLORIDA! Does that route work for everybody?
No problem for me as 81 is pretty darn close. ;)

MySmallWorldof4

Well I plan to make the ones we truly want, but I'm feeling like most days it would be just nice to wing it for once... September the kids are back in School, and it's not really crowded... today I looked and there are a plethora of reservations for 7p-8p and this is a busy week...

I just feel like we felt too structured in May.
We prefer winging it. It is more fun. Right now my kids are actually a little over character meet and greets except for Stitch. He is a favorite.
My point was that the expensive character dining isn’t worth it for us.

MySmallWorldof4

You guys are killing me with the Disney trips.

We’re going sometime in ‘19... now T wants to go before Galaxy’s Edge opens.. he keeps asking. I’ve already checked during his Easter break and most rooms are sold out.

Do you all think that all of Disney World will be crazy busy once GE opens?
I made a pact not to go back before that time.
When Pandora opened for previews it was nuts. I wouldn’t touch GE until 2020.

MySmallWorldof4

Here’s what T said a few nights ago-

“Mom, can we please go to Disney soon?”

“Why T, we’re taking a break until the new Star Wars land opens”

“Well I really want to go before then. It feels like home.”

“I thought maybe we should go to Universal first, until SW opens.”

“Oh yeah! We can just do that!”

So much for “home” 😂
Being a coaster freak, and tall for his age, T would probably love Uni. Plus it is way less expensive than Disney.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The question about insurance, from what I understand about it. Like has already been sent, if you have some major body repair needed your regular insurance will take care of it. I purchased, at the time, an very inexpensive policy that is supposed to cover and dings or scrapes or oddities that may still exist at the time I turn it in. I don't have many, just a few parking lot door spots and low parking curbs damage that I am confident that will cover. The last thing I wanted to do was have to run around getting those small things done at the time of turn in. They did tell me last June, while trying to get me in to upgrade to new, that they weren't interested in the mileage or any of that other stuff as long as it wasn't major.

This is also interesting. I think it definitely comes down to the individual dealer and what each one requires in a lease agreement.

It's good to read about people's experiences with the leases, as it makes you aware of some smart questions to ask, when inquiring about the fine print.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom