Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

BasiltheBatLord

1) Currently works for Disney or one its business partners and has inside knowledge or connections.
2) Previously worked for Disney or one its business partners and his inside knowledge or connections.
3) Knows one or more persons personally or professionally who falls into #1 and/or #2 above.
4) Passionate fans who are resourceful, know where to find things, and are very observant.
How does #1 not lose their job? Just lucky? If so, that's kind of amazing.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I'm kind of hoping these guys can help us figure out how to get Disney's attention about the Imagination ride and how we can possibly fix it. News is great but we live in an age where famous (or at least well-known) people can get in touch with their fandom thanks to social media. Thank goodness for technology. Let's see if we can convince Disney to use enough money and Imagineers still around to make Figment's ride worth...riding.
Email Guest Relations with your concerns.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

Spash007

I don't think most people understand that the priority for Epcot is to get the vacant buildings filled, World Showcase to get some attractions and getting GotG open, for now. There are various plans for Imagination and, we know, its being considered, its just not a priority to take down a crappy but functional attraction when there are several priorities that are in front of it.

I was just thinking the same thing. As much as I want Imagination to be fixed/restored to it's former glory, there are so many other priorities at Epcot right now, I don't see Disney focusing much on it. It still works, people go on it, so it can't be top priority in their eyes. I'm guessing it would fall behind WoL re-opening, and/or the Rat ride (thinking similar audiences for both)

Bender123

I was just thinking the same thing. As much as I want Imagination to be fixed/restored to it's former glory, there are so many other priorities at Epcot right now, I don't see Disney focusing much on it. It still works, people go on it, so it can't be top priority in their eyes. I'm guessing it would fall behind WoL re-opening, and/or the Rat ride (thinking similar audiences for both)

Yep. You need to get WoL, GotG and Innoventions going somewhere before you can even think of closing JII for an extended redo. Epcot would have almost 50% of attractions in FW closed at the same time. JII, Magic Eye, Circle of Life, UoE, Almost all of Innoventions, WoL all closed at once would be a nightmare. It may not be a good ride, but at least its a ride with high uptime.

As an aside, earlier in one of the threads, we worked out that the last time all the future world pavilions were open at the same time was 1996...So its been almost 22 years since the last time all of Future World was actually operating at full capacity.

JohnD

Agree. Perhaps when they open Rat, they can close JIIF and do something with it. Inside Out? No idea. I would prefer JII 1.0.

trainplane3

How does #1 not lose their job? Just lucky? If so, that's kind of amazing.
Don't be dumb and upload blueprints or scream "my name is XYZ and this is my upcoming project, opening next year".

Example: @marni1971 drops hints and he doesn't name his friends within the company. He may "like" something that is super close or spot on but you'll never see him saying what something is or will be until it's been mentioned by someone else or if it's near opening and won't spoil the ride.

Basically, use your brain and don't brag about what you know. Obviously Martin probably won't like that I'm putting words into his mouth, but I think I'm pretty close.

Edit: Tagged Martin in case I said something incorrect.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

Don't be dumb and upload blueprints or scream "my name is XYZ and this is my upcoming project, opening next year".

Example: @marni1971 drops hints and he doesn't name his friends within the company. He may "like" something that is super close or spot on but you'll never see him saying what something is or will be until it's been mentioned by someone else or if it's near opening and won't spoil the ride.
i.e. the opposite of that guy who leaked photos of a figure positioning test for the Jurassic World overlay of the Jurassic Park ride that took place during a refurb a few months ago.
De0zZ9PUcAcfqaM.jpg

De0zatzUYAA-IZv.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Also... one Disney insider said that Disney isn't that concerned with insider leaks. Imagineers blab all the time to people they talk to.

Although, I'm sure marketing is dismayed when they have a big reveal planned but then that gets scooped by a leak. OTOH, I don't give a darn about marketing because of the absolutely horrible job they do in getting information out. The Disney Park Blogs is a hot mess and their official Press Release site often puts out stories of new things available at WDW weeks after they became available.

The leaks are Disney's best PR machine.

trainplane3

i.e. the opposite of that guy who leaked photos of a figure positioning test for the Jurassic World overlay of the Jurassic Park ride that took place during a refurb a few months ago.
De0zZ9PUcAcfqaM.jpg

De0zatzUYAA-IZv.jpg
Well that's neat. I don't pay attention to USH at all but I'm not surprised that's happening. It's pretty much a given.

On another forum, I was told (literally beat down/yelled at by a man child for mentioning "trusted insiders have said the new GotG ride will be from Vekoma") there was no such thing as insiders since anyone would be fired from a company for leaking things to websites or nonemployees. And how Disney would track down every little leak and blacklist them from the industry. Well, they're right on one part but completely wrong on another. Also, these "not insiders" just had lucky guesses on the capacity of the Avatar rides (and how upcoming attractions were just lucky guesses a year+ out from being announced) and I was a not forum friendly term here for thinking they knew these details.

Opinions are not honored over there. No matter how respectful. /rant over

Insiders exist. Some are good, some are reckless.

Also... one Disney insider said that Disney isn't that concerned with insider leaks. Imagineers blab all the time to people they talk to.

Although, I'm sure marketing is dismayed when they have a big reveal planned but then that gets scooped by a leak. OTOH, I don't give a darn about marketing because of the absolutely horrible job they do in getting information out. The Disney Park Blogs is a hot mess and their official Press Release site often puts out stories of new things available at WDW weeks after they became available.

The leaks are Disney's best PR machine.
While I'm sure Disney may not like them, it is amazing PR.

Brer Oswald

I’d be willing to bet Disney kinda likes when some of their more controversial projects are leaked. It kinda gives some of the hardcore, intense fans time to digest the information, and takes the heat off Disney when they make the big public announcement. With Mission Breakout and Runaway Railway, I’m sure Disney would have received way more backlash had those projects not been leaked ahead of time.

geekza

I’d be willing to bet Disney kinda likes when some of their more controversial projects are leaked. It kinda gives some of the hardcore, intense fans time to digest the information, and takes the heat off Disney when they make the big public announcement. With Mission Breakout and Runaway Railway, I’m sure Disney would have received way more backlash had those projects not been leaked ahead of time.
There are still many folks who are miffed when 20,000 Leagues closed "temporarily for refurbishment" and was refurbished into an empty lagoon for several years. I don't think there has been an unannounced closing since then, has there?

WDWTank

There are still many folks who are miffed when 20,000 Leagues closed "temporarily for refurbishment" and was refurbished into an empty lagoon for several years. I don't think there has been an unannounced closing since then, has there?
It’s Tough to be a Bug in Anaheim :O

WDWTank

Let’s not forget about MuppetVision 3D out there.

They just sort of closed it and all the talk moved to the afrosen show. I don’t think Disney ever mentioned it being permanently closed (like it obviously is)
Does the Frozen show have 4D effects? It would be quite a downgrade if it didn’t :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom