Rumor Inside Out to Replace Journey into Imagination with Figment?

Haymarket2008

So if Inside Out isn’t really that much of a strong contender and Figment’s robust future is in limbo, what in the world could other proposals be?

Bocabear

If they are unwilling to create an attraction based on their two most belived Park IPs, they could create a pretty spectacular restaurant based on Dremfinder and the Dreamport...Since they lately don't seem to want to build anything that isn't somehow an additional charge experience... Really create dremfinder's Steampunk fantasy Dreamport as a separate standalone...get all the props leftover from the original ride and work them in... animatronics, visual effects, hourly animated shows.... It could be another signature dining experience that can only be experienced at EPCOT....

geekza

If they are unwilling to create an attraction based on their two most belived Park IPs, they could create a pretty spectacular restaurant based on Dremfinder and the Dreamport...Since they lately don't seem to want to build anything that isn't somehow an additional charge experience... Really create dremfinder's Steampunk fantasy Dreamport as a separate standalone...get all the props leftover from the original ride and work them in... animatronics, visual effects, hourly animated shows.... It could be another signature dining experience that can only be experienced at EPCOT....
I'm not sure how much is left in storage from the original attraction. There are bits and pieces seen over the years, I guess. I think a restaurant would just be depressing, though.

"Imagine the possibilities of our extensive toppings bar!"

Bocabear

I'm not sure how much is left in storage from the original attraction. There are bits and pieces seen over the years, I guess. I think a restaurant would just be depressing, though.

"Imagine the possibilities of our extensive toppings bar!"
yeah... I kind if agree...but thought it would be something...and I was thinking table service and a spectacular interior....

Inspired Figment

On the site that shall not be named. JUST ANNOUNCED TODAY!! Look what’s coming to the parks soon!! 😄👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
EF899C4B-7E82-4DD2-A6A5-F944A0FEC507.jpeg

trainplane3

On the site that shall not be named. JUST ANNOUNCED TODAY!! Look what’s coming to the parks soon!! 😄👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻View attachment 285215
Wow. A much larger acknowledgement of the original ride (in the sense of a actual product people collect that isn't a pin). This kind of stuff makes me hopeful even though it's probably a nostalgia trip Disney knows they can sell.

Rodan75

It was, I think. Idk if it was just fan gossip or not. Glad nothing came of that. Love the Muppets but.....yeah nope.

Yeah, I don't if we ever got Insider confirmation on that. Muppets are flexible enough to fit pretty much anywhere, but I agree, I don't think replacing Figment is the right choice.

DanielBB8

yeah... I kind if agree...but thought it would be something...and I was thinking table service and a spectacular interior....
There’s another possibility. They can take all the discarded characters like Figment and create a children’s carnival and play area that Epcot doesn’t have. But instead of being minimally themed, they should bring it up a notch and become a fully realized themed land.

geekza

Technically, he never left. Second version, he's in the queue. However, his cameo in the main ride (voiced by the late great Billy Barty) was so insultingly short, he might as well had not been there. Man, I hate that ride.
I think the only reason any of us fans of the original are the least bit forgiving of the current attraction is that we can say, "At least it's better than the second version." Kind of like saying, "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

pdude81

I think the only reason any of us fans of the original are the least bit forgiving of the current attraction is that we can say, "At least it's better than the second version." Kind of like saying, "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"
For me I'd rather have this tier version of Figment than nothing at all. And even the watered down Imageworks is a big hit with kids who never knew the original attraction. If they banish him to a 3D movie I'd see that as worse than doing nothing.

geekza

For me I'd rather have this ****tier version of Figment than nothing at all. And even the watered down Imageworks is a big hit with kids who never knew the original attraction. If they banish him to a 3D movie I'd see that as worse than doing nothing.
I agree with you that having Figment around at all is better than no Figment, because as long as he's still around, he's in the park-going consciousness. It would be much harder for Disney to justify his presence in anything new if he had disappeared for years. I just hate that the current incarnation is such a departure from the original character. Figment is now mean-spirited, uncontrollable, and kind of a troll.

I guess the argument could be made that Mickey went through a similar transformation, but in reverse, from Plane Crazy to the shorts from just a few years later (and now swinging back towards ADHD in the new cartoons, from what I gather). Bugs and Daffy certainly changed personalities over the years. I prefer whimsical but good-natured Figment, but I know that current Figment has his fans as well. I hope he stays around and is given his own attraction (with Dreamfinder, maybe?) that is a well-conceived ride, in contrast to the current one. If not, I'll always have the videos and my memories.

Rk2k5

Is there any updates about the current state of the ride and if inside out is going to replace it? Has Disney also been considering other ride other then inside out to replace the journey into imagination ride?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom