Whispering Canyon Change

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Artist Point is a fine dining experience. Wine selection from Pacific Northwest is excellent. I haven’t been there in a couple years but if they still have K Vineyards Syrah “Lucky No. 7” from Walla Walla Washington, do drink it. I have no vested interest in the company, just never forgot that bottle of libation.

I was there 4/3 and it had been a couple of years...

I have to say...the “signatures” have mostly declined since their 2000 heyday...

Jiko abs Artists point are exceptions

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Disney’s official(?) response:
34903B4A-B0BD-4319-B6DE-B181B87C7F72.jpeg

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Yep I’ve seen that as well. Artist Point is also rumored to become character dining.
That would be interesting considering that it is a Signature dining location. I would have thought that WCC would get turned into a character location aftter the change of the servers not playing with you anymore. I think several different types of characters could fit really well here. NOW that kind of a change I think would be fun!!! Marie

mousekedoc

Premium Member
I was there 4/3 and it had been a couple of years...

I have to say...the “signatures” have mostly declined since their 2000 heyday...

Jiko abs Artists point are exceptions
Sorry to hear that. It was a pleasant surprise for me and my wife when we had gone. I think these performance meals are needed in the out of park sites to draw people out of the parks and spend money elsewhere and reduce crowds in the parks. As the World of Disney gets generic make over and the Whispering Canyon goes quiet, and the signature restaurants lose luster, then you only have the parks. Then you get tired of the crowds and then you go home. I would think Disney knows about crowd distribution and what these off center but on site sites do for the overall revenue stream of the parks. With continued increases in revenue, It’s obvious they know more than I.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry to hear that. It was a pleasant surprise for me and my wife when we had gone. I think these performance meals are needed in the out of park sites to draw people out of the parks and spend money elsewhere and reduce crowds in the parks. As the World of Disney gets generic make over and the Whispering Canyon goes quiet, and the signature restaurants lose luster, then you only have the parks. Then you get tired of the crowds and then you go home. I would think Disney knows about crowd distribution and what these off center but on site sites do for the overall revenue stream of the parks. With continued increases in revenue, It’s obvious they know more than I.

I don’t know I didn’t say it correctly or you misread it...but we are on different wavelengths

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Gotcha. Abs=and, not apps as in appetizers. Oh well, I bloviated for naught.

Sorry...my spellchecker has a mind of its own.

What I was saying is that artists and jiko have actually improved in my mind...

Yachtmans and flying fish have always been a tad “off”

And California grill and Citricos - two of my former favorites - have declined dramatically in my mind over the last 5 or so years. Just me

trainplane3

Sorry...my spellchecker has a mind of its own.

What I was saying is that artists and jiko have actually improved in my mind...

Yachtmans and flying fish have always been a tad “off”

And California grill and Citricos - two of my former favorites - have declined dramatically in my mind over the last 5 or so years. Just me
While California grill may have declined, I still enjoy it enough. But like you, that's just me. I quite like Narcoossee's a bunch as well.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yep I’ve seen that as well. Artist Point is also rumored to become character dining.

Something needs to be done to Artists Pointe. Only thing that's typical PNW Faire there is the berry cobbler. They do bad things to fish.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Something needs to be done to Artists Pointe. Only thing that's typical PNW Faire there is the berry cobbler. They do bad things to fish.

Nothing in Disney is “authentic”...it’s mostly due to cash cow upcharging and the frankly low standards of the clientele.

People mob chef mickeys, Cinderella’s, and be our guest...
...the prosecution rests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom