Whispering Canyon Change

ml123_9

Ok, so has WCC changed or is it going to change? I can't believe WDW would change something because of some complaints. Unless room reservations or dining figures are down.

Tom P.

I've checked the WDWToday Twiter feed, and they have had more than one person ask this question. As the poster showed above, they are providing the same canned non-answer to each person who asks. So far, they have not been willing to provide a direct yes or no answer as to whether or not the "shenanigans" that WC is famous for have actually been discontinued. Still, the fact that they are prepared for this question with a canned corporate-speak answer is definitely not a good sign.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
You remember that one time when WDW actually changed something for the positive because of complaints? Seriously - highway in the sky dinner got so cheapened people called, cancelled, and complained until they actually put it back and restored the parts they cut. That’s the type of complaining they should be listening to - not “I got embarrassed because the waiter brought me 30 bottles of ketchup.”

Be an adult, read the description of the restaurant, and don’t complain if you didn’t do your homework. I’m tired of everyone else in this world blaming other people for their laziness and ignorance.

SoupBone

Hi All, I was reading a post on Facebook within a Disney Group that Whispering Canyon has gone to a quieter dining style and will not have the servers joking around with the guests in the fun ways that they used to. Has anyone else heard or seen anything about this? I cant think this will go over well, that was the whole point of eating there!!! Well that and the all you care to eat skillet!!! I loved the horse races around the restaurant, and of course needing some KETCHUP!!! Please tell me this isnt true!!! Marie

This is complete and utter garbage, and if Disney did in fact cave to guests complaining (which is only rumor at this point), this is truly the last straw for me, at least for good while. My family has always started our trip with dinner at Whispering Canyon the night before we start our vacation. If true, good job Disney, you continue to suck the life and uniqueness out of your resorts, making them canned like other theme parks. And we won't be back for a while, and we're a multi-trips a year family.

TrojanUSC

Sorry...my spellchecker has a mind of its own.

What I was saying is that artists and jiko have actually improved in my mind...

Yachtmans and flying fish have always been a tad “off”

And California grill and Citricos - two of my former favorites - have declined dramatically in my mind over the last 5 or so years. Just me

You can blame the Disney Dining Plan for all of this. By getting suckers to prepay for every meal they could possibly eat in advance, they are free to downgrade quality, variety and sourcing - all while homogenizing menus across property.

GVentola

I didn't get a chance to experience Whispering Canyon! Oh, well. I did try to go at Christmas time a couple of years ago, but got lost and ended up eating supper at a Bob Evans restaurant in Kissimmee. The purple signs failed me!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I don’t believe this unless it’s a cost savings...in which case I 100% agree.

But...to play the devil...wilderness lodge is now heavily tilted DVC. DVC is way more “get off my lawn” than anyone gives them “credit” for...just saying

:facepalm: :banghead:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You can blame the Disney Dining Plan for all of this. By getting suckers to prepay for every meal they could possibly eat in advance, they are free to downgrade quality, variety and sourcing - all while homogenizing menus across property.
Listen Brother/Sister...if you want someone to tirade/forewarn of what the dining plan is gonna do...I’ve been the prophet since day 1...since @Rteetz was a pup in th kennel.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
But it is...
I’m not saying thats the reason here, but isn’t something that can be dismissed outright.

Oh, come on, seriously? I own at both Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek. And Poly. And GF. I've never encountered that attitude. Really tired of the assumption that DVC members are a bunch of entitled snobs. I've met some pretty entitled guests while staying at All Stars.

But since you brought it up, get the heck off my property! :rolleyes:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh, come on, seriously? I own at both Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek. And Poly. And GF. I've never encountered that attitude. Really tired of the assumption that DVC members are a bunch of entitled snobs. I've met some pretty entitled guests while staying at All Stars.

But since you brought it up, get the heck off my property! :rolleyes:

Have you hung out at old key west or boardwalk over the years?

Hmmm...you seem to be taking something personal that isn’t really personal. Is it possible they are realigning the restaurant to serve what they see as a change in demographics? Absolutely. Not definite but possible.

And by the way...you’ve exposed your flank on this...if you keep buying DVC in that many contracts...there’s obviously nothing bad about DVC in your eyes. That’s ok. But it’s you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom