Whispering Canyon Change

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

LAKid53

Premium Member
Have you hung out at old key west or boardwalk over the years?

Hmmm...you seem to be taking something personal that isn’t really personal. Is it possible they are realigning the restaurant to serve what they see as a change in demographics? Absolutely. Not definite but possible.

And by the way...you’ve exposed your flank on this...if you keep buying DVC in that many contracts...there’s obviously nothing bad about DVC in your eyes. That’s ok. But it’s you.

:rolleyes:

Rteetz

That's a pretty general "we're updating things" - could mean just about anything - changes to menu, etc.

Until a guest actually confirms that there is no longer any "show" between diners and servers, I'm gonna wait.
I believe I saw a guest on disboards say this is the case as well as the WDWToday twitter saying it is true.

LAKid53

Premium Member
No the Walt Disney World Twitter Page WDWToday.

I follow their Twitter account. Just read all the tweets from visitors. Not a single person said they had eaten at WCC in the past few days and servers were no longer putting on a "show". Most were asking about the rumor and said they would cancel upcoming reservations or never eat there again, if true.

Rteetz

I follow their Twitter account. Just read all the tweets from visitors. Not a single person said they had eaten at WCC in the past few days and servers were no longer putting on a "show". Most were asking about the rumor and said they would cancel upcoming reservations or never eat there again, if true.
And WDWToday was replying saying that changes have been made.

LAKid53

Premium Member
"Hi there, Aaron. We are continuously updating our offerings throughout Walt Disney World Resort and are currently working on what's next for Whispering Canyon. We apologize for any disappointments."

This is the response given to every inquiry about WCC on Twitter. How people can interpret this as confirming the demise of the shenanigans is interesting.

Rteetz

"Hi there, Aaron. We are continuously updating our offerings throughout Walt Disney World Resort and are currently working on what's next for Whispering Canyon. We apologize for any disappointments."

This is the response given to every inquiry about WCC on Twitter. How people can interpret this as confirming the demise of the shenanigans is interesting.
Disney isn’t exactly going to come out with a parks blog post saying we removed antics from WCC.

LAKid53

Premium Member
And WDWToday was replying saying that changes have been made.

I don't know what you've read, but no, they've not. I just posted their canned response. Which people are complaining about. It says very little.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

@MansionButler84 confirmed earlier in the thread that there's no more yelling, like "WE NEED KETCHUP!!!". Haven't heard if other antics between CM's and customers will be affected yet.

Magic Feather

Got a first hand account from a friend that ate here today. Said that Pony Rides still occurred, as did the "Ketchup" yell, if guests do it. Nearly everything else has been discontinued. Waiters and Waitresses are still sassy, but there is no yelling, triangle ringing, fun CM interactions, straw antics etc. While still upbeat, except fro the two times they yelled "We need ketchup," it was very bland and uneventful.

RSoxNo1

Got a first hand account from a friend that ate here today. Said that Pony Rides still occurred, as did the "Ketchup" yell, if guests do it. Nearly everything else has been discontinued. Waiters and Waitresses are still sassy, but there is no yelling, triangle ringing, fun CM interactions, straw antics etc. While still upbeat, except fro the two times they yelled "We need ketchup," it was very bland and uneventful.
That doesn't seem that far off from my experience in January 2017. The ketchup yell happened a few times, as did Happy Birthday (with Cha, cha cha added at the end). It's been a few years since I've seen things like cupcakes brought out for a guest but instead the CMs take turns eating it.

LAKid53

Premium Member

Thanks. That's what I was asking for - confirmation of the rumor by someone who has eaten there in the past few days. But I'm not going to cancel our reservation in July.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs

Shenanigans Lite™
Trademark of the Walt Disney Company

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom