The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, yea! Off today, and I was just watching the local, 5 AM news. What I find hilarious when these big storms come along, is the way the weather people report them.

Case in point: weather tag team reporting. It used to be enough that we had just one weather guy/gal report the weather, but now they all have two people -- one for the basic storm update, and then they "hand it over" to another weather person who does the winds, the tides, etc. Can't the first guy/gal do that too? They used to. :cautious:

And then, they always have these field weather people that get trashed outdoors in the wind and snow--some of them even use "props" like a shovel--to explain to us that with 12-16 inches of snow, you'll need a shovel. :rolleyes:

And, I've often wondered how they determine who gets dumped outside for the live reports, while the others get to stay indoors for the station reporting, wearing nice clothes, hair all styled and sprayed up spiffy? :hilarious::hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yea, it's incredilbly sad and just plain nutso all at the same time. It's, of course, all over the news here, and last I heard the authorities have no leads. They thought the first one was an isolated case regarding revenge for a drug deal gone bad, or something like that. Now, Just so random and no known connections between the victims in the different parts of town.
I hope they find this sicko soon.
Also SXSW is in full swing right now. Elon Musk was just in town yesterday talkin' about traveling to Mars :cyclops:, and I believe both Spielberg and Schwarzenegger were in town, as well. I believe the music portion started tonight. Don't really know for sure. Don't keep up with it all that much anymore.

It wasn't all that long ago that they finally caught and convicted some freak that was dropping large rocks from the interstate overpasses on and off for about a decade. It was always in the early morning hours, and there were never any witnesses. At least 3 people died, and several were seriously injured.
IIRC, was he was also a first responder that happened to always "show up" on the scene right after and they finally put 2 and 2 together.
He made a statement at one point about teaching speeders a lesson.
How can that kind of unhinged thinking even be aniticipated...?!?!?!
Just mind-numbing... :cyclops:

Again, I pray they apprehend and bring this bomb freak to justice ASSP.

I'm afraid the whole world is just out of balance. Sorry to hear about the incidents in Austin--just horrible.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So, yea! Off today, and I was just watching the local, 5 AM news. What I find hilarious when these big storms come along, is the way the weather people report them.

Case in point: weather tag team reporting. It used to be enough that we had just one weather guy/gal report the weather, but now they all have two people -- one for the basic storm update, and then they "hand it over" to another weather person who does the winds, the tides, etc. Can't the first guy/gal do that too? They used to. :cautious:

And then, they always have these field weather people that get trashed outdoors in the wind and snow--some of them even use "props" like a shovel--to explain to us that with 12-16 inches of snow, you'll need a shovel. :rolleyes:

And, I've often wondered how they determine who gets dumped outside for the live reports, while the others get to stay indoors for the station reporting, wearing nice clothes, hair all styled and sprayed up spiffy? :hilarious::hilarious:
If this thread was a weather report i beleive Figgy etc would be in the studio and only me and you would be brave ( no changing that Figgy) enough to be the outdoor reporters.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I am mean and made my kids choose one thing. Of course I kind of selfishly guided them to one place, so that I am only driving them to classes at one place which is thankfully indoors. Makes my life easier especially since it is mostly me driving them around.

When I was a kid, we could choose one activity. That varied per year for me--I took swimming lessons some yuears, and piano lessons for others. That was enough for me. Bascially, my favorite activity was being useless and goofing off with my little pals! :joyfull: Ahhh, fun times!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks to ALL of you who reassured me that the colonoscopy test was no big deal. I went through with it on Friday, and seriously, the only bad part about it was the worrying. The fasting and the purging was no fun either, but even that wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

I almost chickened out about 30 times, even up to the second I walked into the doctor's office. But that would have been really stupid - chickening out after a 24 hour fast. So on I went.

Oh yeah....the getting stuck with an IV was not a lot of fun either, but hey, a minute after it was in, the doctor asked me what I did for a living and then I think I gave half an answer and passed out, and all of a sudden, the nurse was rubbing my shoulder and telling me to wake up.

It was OVER!

I didn't even have the slightest idea that it had happened.

And I guess the good (and bad?) news is that they found and removed three polyps, and one was supposedly huge. Had I delayed this any longer, any one of them could have turned cancerous.

The moral of this story is - get your colonoscopy once you turn 50. It is nothing to be afraid of and it can save your life. If I can do it, anyone can.

Thanks again for the reassurances that you gave me last week, everyone. It really helped me go through with this.

Wonderful news, Buddy! We knew you could do it!!! Glad to hear you're o.k.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
There are all kinds of business cost vs. perceived benefit X-type charts/graphs out there, and too many of them are all fancy-schmancy like.
It's real simple, when the cost starts to get higher than your percieved benefit, just X ;)that particular experience off your list and move on to other experiences.
There's a WHOLE OTHER WORLD out there with so much more than any of us could ever experience in 100+ 100 year lifetimes...
I was kinda' bummed when we weren't gonna' go to WDW again for a while, but, our first cruise this past December changed all that.
New experiences, new fun, new scenery, new cherished family memories, etc.
Again, no cut against anyone that sticks with Disney for all, or the vast majority, of their major vacations, at all, but, we just found something that was every bit as enjoyable, if not more, and was also much less expensive for the 6 of us for a week-long vacation.
I have Disney artwork, many books, etc., and will always love Disney...heck, I, literally still have my room card from our July of '07 WDW trip in my wallet...!!!!!!!
Cheers to all of us....!!!!!!! :joyfull:

ETA...
I forgot to post the image of my room card from '07 :facepalm:, plus I still have the ones from '08, '12, and '13 in my wallet, as well. We finally had Magjc bands for the Princess 5K trip from Feb. of '16...!!! :)

View attachment 269962

I've also been fortunate enough to have traveled to a number of places (within the U.S. and international) down through the years. But I have to admit--my "happy" place (WDW) beckons me most of the time. :happy: Admittedly, though, if I won the lottery, I'd probably travel around the world to see the countries I haven't seen yet.

Songbird76

So this is rather complicated, but in short, if he's not riding, you won't be able to use the DAS. So if he doesn't want to do HM, then no, you wouldn't be able to use the DAS. You would get the rider switch at the entrance and wait outside. You by no means have to wait in the queue to use rider switch.

If it's a matter of he wants to ride, but finds the queue overwhelming (like for Pirates) then the answer is he probably would be able to use the DAS to enter via the exit for certain rides (Pirates has a wheelchair entrance through the exit). You would need to discuss that with guest services when you get the DAS.

Certain rides have one entrance for everyone, (TofT being one of them) so that wouldn't work in that case.
Ok, good to know. I have been working on preparing him and making him more comfortable with the idea of some of the rides he didn't want to do last time, like Pirates, since that's one of my favorites. He'll be 11 and a half when we go, so he may be ready for it. Others, I don't even understand why he doesn't want to do them..like, there's a roller coaster at Kalkar that he LOVES and he'll go on that over and over and over...it's not so different from BTMRR, except it's not as well themed, so I SWEAR he'd love BTMRR, but he just is adamant that he doesn't want to do that....but he also LOVED SDMT. It's not worth the meltdown of trying to make him go though, so I guess we'll just have to play it by ear and hope we'll convince him to try a few things. I'm also really hoping that it works out that we can coordinate with my cousins and then get my brother's family on board. I think if all the little cousins are doing the rides, he might just kind of go along with them. But if the queue part is the creepy part, it would be nice to be able to bypass that and just do the ride. Thank you!!

Cesar R M

Hey, leave her alone! Rome wasn't built in a day, you know!! :p

Just for that, I'm throwing a big ol' steak at you!

View attachment 269977
Oh gods, yes please.

anyway off to bed!

My sleep cycles are ruined thanks to the medicine lol. been getting sleep attacks all week and then sometimes I'm a total night owl.
So a good steak sounds really appetizing!

MySmallWorldof4

Thanks to ALL of you who reassured me that the colonoscopy test was no big deal. I went through with it on Friday, and seriously, the only bad part about it was the worrying. The fasting and the purging was no fun either, but even that wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

I almost chickened out about 30 times, even up to the second I walked into the doctor's office. But that would have been really stupid - chickening out after a 24 hour fast. So on I went.

Oh yeah....the getting stuck with an IV was not a lot of fun either, but hey, a minute after it was in, the doctor asked me what I did for a living and then I think I gave half an answer and passed out, and all of a sudden, the nurse was rubbing my shoulder and telling me to wake up.

It was OVER!

I didn't even have the slightest idea that it had happened.

And I guess the good (and bad?) news is that they found and removed three polyps, and one was supposedly huge. Had I delayed this any longer, any one of them could have turned cancerous.

The moral of this story is - get your colonoscopy once you turn 50. It is nothing to be afraid of and it can save your life. If I can do it, anyone can.

Thanks again for the reassurances that you gave me last week, everyone. It really helped me go through with this.
Yay Buddy! So glad it wasn't the awful experience you thought it was going to be. Cheers to another 50 years!:)

MySmallWorldof4

There is never a wait time or even a queue for the Tiki's beyond the next show. Lion King is advisable to get a FP+ for. The two are not even in the same realm of popularity. Like many of the originals Country Bears as an example it is highly unusual for a theater to be full. Lion King happens all the time, it is an awesome group of performers with a sound track that is light years ahead of Tiki's sound track. The wait time for Lion King is always up there and FPs for it are many times hard to come by. I agree, Lion King is an awesome attraction. Even after Tiki returned to its original show it is not an E attraction and often closes early during slower times like CoP does. They just are not E people eater attractions.
We actually like the country bears too. DS cracks up in there, especially when the bear on the swing comes down. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom