The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Pretty much, if you have anyone who doesn't want to ride, you can use the rider swap pass while one person waits with the person who doesn't want to ride (doesn't have to be a kid; friends of ours used it for their elderly mother) and then you can come back with up to one other person while the other adult waits. You can also go by yourself. It's how my parents managed to do Space Mountain when I was too young for it. They're pretty willing to accommodate as well; even on rides where everyone theoretically can ride (like HM) but there's a child who is too scared to ride, they can give you the pass. It may be a reentry pass instead of a rider swap, but all you have to do is ask. It would save @Songbird76 for having to wait in line with her group when she's got a kid who's too scared to go in. They could go off and do something else and then switch kids.
Yeah, they didn't do that for us with HM. I asked outside the entrance to the queue if there was a rider swap and how it worked, the gal said "You get in line and you tell the next CM in the line that he doesn't want to ride and they will take care of it." Ok, so we get in line. The next CM, I tell him DS doesn't want to ride. He says, "Oh, he doesn't have to, you'll be able to switch. Just tell them at the next CM that you want to do the swap." Ok, so we continue on, the next CM says, "Oh, when you get to the entrance, just let that CM know and they'll take the ones who want to ride, and then they'll come back to switch you out." Then we got to the door, and the CM says "Oh, yeah, you just have to do the pre-show and then when you get to the lines, let that CM know and they will take you to the switch area and you can wait there while the others ride." I asked..." wait...you mean INSIDE? AFTER the stretching room?"
She's trying to herd us into the stretching room and that's when DS started screaming that he didn't want to go in, we promised he didn't have to, he wasn't going to do that. I asked if we could just bypass that part, because that's literally the scariest part of HM and if he has to do that, he might as well go on the whole ride. Nope, you had to do the stretching room to get to the ride, so we either had to go into the stretching room or exit back through the queue the way we came in. And there is a gate between the entrance and the exit and she couldn't let us out through the exit...we had to go back through the line the way we came in, squeezing past all the people entering. It was like no one had any clue how it worked, so they just passed us on to the next person until it was our turn to go into the stretching room, and by then, we had wasted 25 minutes standing in a line for a ride we wouldn't be able to do, and caused DS to have a meltdown. I went to guest services and they gave us each an anytime FP for the next day, which was nice, but DS can't be the ONLY kid in the world who doesn't actually want to go INTO the building....they need a better set-up for rides like that with a pre-ride component so kids don't have to do any part of it, but parents can still ride.

MySmallWorldof4

As far as I've seen, there really isn't a make equivalent. Disney specifically targets moms for the Mom's Panel but I've never seen a Dad's Panel. The Moms Panel is the worst though. Their answers are almost never helpful, and they drip with fake enthusiasm.
There have been dad's on the moms panel. Not too many. I think they should change the name to Disneyholics panel.

MySmallWorldof4

So, yea! Off today, and I was just watching the local, 5 AM news. What I find hilarious when these big storms come along, is the way the weather people report them.

Case in point: weather tag team reporting. It used to be enough that we had just one weather guy/gal report the weather, but now they all have two people -- one for the basic storm update, and then they "hand it over" to another weather person who does the winds, the tides, etc. Can't the first guy/gal do that too? They used to. :cautious:

And then, they always have these field weather people that get trashed outdoors in the wind and snow--some of them even use "props" like a shovel--to explain to us that with 12-16 inches of snow, you'll need a shovel. :rolleyes:

And, I've often wondered how they determine who gets dumped outside for the live reports, while the others get to stay indoors for the station reporting, wearing nice clothes, hair all styled and sprayed up spiffy? :hilarious::hilarious:
I miss when weather reporting was just that, weather reporting.:cautious:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Very. You should have added a slow carb to the meal. Beans, brown rice, quinoa etc. Same goes for Chinese food.

There is a really great book called Slow Carb that talks about the science behind why some carbs are better for you than others.

If this thread was a weather report i beleive Figgy etc would be in the studio and only me and you would be brave ( no changing that Figgy) enough to be the outdoor reporters.

Hey! I'd be out in the elements!

Songbird76

I am actually surprised Disney doesn't put a kibosh to all those ears.
Realistically, though, how would they? They have the rule about no costumes for adults, but as they sell ears, they can't really tell people they aren't allowed to wear them in the parks, and how do you prove that someone didn't buy the ears from Disney itself? There are multiple parks selling different merchandise....they don't have the time to go through thousands of ear styles to see which ones Disney makes and which ones people have made themselves. Same with Disney clothing...there's no way to make people prove that they bought a particular shirt or something at a Disney store and not at Walmart. And as for selling them on Etsy, etc....people are selling their own designs there. They aren't making the same ears Disney is selling. I don't think it would fly. As long as the design is their own, I don't think they could prohibit it. It's no different than any other item of clothing, shoes, accessories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom