The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Proud of me Mrs @figmentfan423 ???

My first vegan, vegetarian and organic meal????

DYJZCQwXUAAxXtp.jpg:large

PSST: We were all hungry after before bedtime. What's with that?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It seems you gals are to the tikki birds what I am about the festival of the lion king lol.

There is never a wait time or even a queue for the Tiki's beyond the next show. Lion King is advisable to get a FP+ for. The two are not even in the same realm of popularity. Like many of the originals Country Bears as an example it is highly unusual for a theater to be full. Lion King happens all the time, it is an awesome group of performers with a sound track that is light years ahead of Tiki's sound track. The wait time for Lion King is always up there and FPs for it are many times hard to come by. I agree, Lion King is an awesome attraction. Even after Tiki returned to its original show it is not an E attraction and often closes early during slower times like CoP does. They just are not E people eater attractions.

Cesar R M

Lou is a figure in WDW greater picture. He doesn't need money. He was incredibly wealthy long before he wrote his first Disney book.
Then I mentioned the wrong blogger. I remember one that was constantly mentioned by the spirited. who was indeed a total leech, even did "private" tours of WDW before Disney finally told him to stop. But then I have awful memory with names.
I have to keep reading or listening for them to finally cling.

I can't say I have every seen Disney refer to Mothers as Disney Bloggers or Helicopter Moms let alone referring to their children as Snowflakes.

Never said Disney did, just that Disney followed a very inflated stereotype and threw it into several mothers who know each other and formed a PR group who constantly claim knowledge of certain things. knowledge that I'm pretty sure that real mom bloggers have in vaster levels, popularity and variation.

The part about helicopter/soccer moms was a complete different topic (the one related to kids getting participation trophies). And not related to Disney directly nor the mommy bloggers.

Cesar R M

I am doubting fungus is the cause of these tubes falling. I'm talking physical structure of installation not filters or dust removal.
Why are you somehow reading only what you want to read?

This is the third time today that you sidewiped what I wrote and you took only what you wanted and twisted it.

I never said fungus was directly related to tubes falling.. NEVER.
I said that maintenance is need on these tubes BECAUSE OF FUNGUS buildup, debris and other issues.
And said maintenance might need to have direct contact with the tubes themselves (including the removal).

And the Physical structure has been my point since my first answer to you on the topic (which you somehow ignored).

Something made these tubes detach from the beams they were installed to.
And again, that is exactly I was talking about on the first reply I did.

That building is only 13 years old. The infrastructure shouldn't be falling from the ceiling.
Lack of maintenance, strong usage (above specs), storms, corrosion (because its a controlled climate area with lots of pools) can cause the issue, even if the building is "only 13 year old". I've seen metal literally fall apart in mere 1 year in my town. It has to do with salt and humidity. Hence why maintenance is needed.

I lived in a very old home and zero of my duct work every fell to the floor
Were your ducts completely exposed or they were inside walls and covered with plaster?

Different levels of usage makes a huge difference in damage, corrosion,etc..

Cesar R M

But I don't understand. What makes people go there with woman and not men?
Its a NICHE PR group that targets a SPECIFIED group of Disney fans.

If you actually seen the videos, they are mostly topics about "tips" for MOTHERS who go to Disney. That is the focus of that group.
Hence why its demographic are not men.

But like Lou or not I've never seen the man make fun of woman or use slang to depict women in a negative light. So my question remains for those who use those terms freely, what do you put down the Dad's with in the same vein? Or are men off limits for this type of belittlement as parents. Lord knows I've seen my share of Dad's go off at sporting events for their kids. But it is the Mom's that are Soccer Mom's. I'm all Ears.

This has nothing to do with each other... and Lou and other bloggers DO get their own taste of negative light, because some of them literally sold their souls to corporate Disney. They transformed their passion to help others into a lie/manipulation their followers for business and personal gain.

I'm still wondering why you suddenly insist that Lou never somehow or other group uses "makes fun" of women or use slang to depict them in a negative light (which is completely unrelated to my point) .

Disney coined the term mommy blogger (or they just found it it and appropiated it).
Disney is the one pushing for that as a PR stunt to target a niche.
There are better bloggers than the "selected" persons in that niche group. Because I'm pretty sure they are not even bloggers.. they are more likely paid chills/actors to follow the script. This is my point.

Again, nothing to do with women in general. You're taking this like I just somehow spouted a very broad racist remark, which I didn't.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

There is never a wait time or even a queue for the Tiki's beyond the next show. Lion King is advisable to get a FP+ for. The two are not even in the same realm of popularity.
What does my post or hers have to do with popularity?

My post nor hers were ANYTHING related to popularity but of our tastes and what type of shows we like.

Like many of the originals Country Bears as an example it is highly unusual for a theater to be full. Lion King happens all the time, it is an awesome group of performers with a sound track that is light years ahead of Tiki's sound track. The wait time for Lion King is always up there and FPs for it are many times hard to come by. I agree, Lion King is an awesome attraction.
Again, where did I say this is related to popularity?
Or the require of having a FP? or comparing it to other attractions?

She mentioned she liked to visit Tiki a fews times as a must on every visit. I piped in how in my case it was for FOTLK.

Anyway..

I have no idea who crapped on your flakes today or why you suddenly want to target me, but you seem to take everything I wrote today, sidewipe it, take what you want to read, twist it and then suddenly passive-aggressively try to prove me wrong or attack me and what I'm trying to say.

So, tone it down.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We are Zoo members, museum members, aquarium members, and kings Island passes.. when the heck are we going to have time to go to any of them this year?????

We’re already having conflicts with sports and scouts.. and golf??? I have no idea when he will even be able to hit in the backyard.. much less 9 holes.. probably not a camp or driving range either.

I’m not the master juggler that I thought I was.

I made a tracker for how many times we use our memberships so I'm not tempted to renew something we aren't using. I don't sign up for anything extra over the summer because we have the aquatics center, a zoo membership, Franklin Park Conservatory membership (did you see they're putting in a Children's Garden?!!?), family camping trip with the cousins and extended family, and i still like to go day hiking. Plus all my kid's friends want to do play dates, there's highland games i compete in, and we have to fit in trying be things like COSI sand Kings Island.

I'm an introvert, so i often feel like i can't breathe all summer long because there's so much less time to decompress.

Figgy1

As far as I've seen, there really isn't a make equivalent. Disney specifically targets moms for the Mom's Panel but I've never seen a Dad's Panel. The Moms Panel is the worst though. Their answers are almost never helpful, and they drip with fake enthusiasm.
I asked them a question about allergies once and the reply I got was we could eat anywhere. The correct answer is avoid CHH with fish or shellfish allergies.

Figgy1

In a RARE move, my boss suggested that it may be safer for some of the staff to stay home. Ninety percent of all meetings were cancelled, patient load will be light (well . . . "light" for that place! LOL . . ..), etc. Said I'd be happy to take a vacation day and some others also followed suit. I get to play in the snow tomorrow!! All day!!! :joyfull::joyfull:
Seek help. My dh tried to go in last night and the traction light came on 3 time in just a couple of blocks. He came home and called in

Figgy1

Thanks to ALL of you who reassured me that the colonoscopy test was no big deal. I went through with it on Friday, and seriously, the only bad part about it was the worrying. The fasting and the purging was no fun either, but even that wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

I almost chickened out about 30 times, even up to the second I walked into the doctor's office. But that would have been really stupid - chickening out after a 24 hour fast. So on I went.

Oh yeah....the getting stuck with an IV was not a lot of fun either, but hey, a minute after it was in, the doctor asked me what I did for a living and then I think I gave half an answer and passed out, and all of a sudden, the nurse was rubbing my shoulder and telling me to wake up.

It was OVER!

I didn't even have the slightest idea that it had happened.

And I guess the good (and bad?) news is that they found and removed three polyps, and one was supposedly huge. Had I delayed this any longer, any one of them could have turned cancerous.

The moral of this story is - get your colonoscopy once you turn 50. It is nothing to be afraid of and it can save your life. If I can do it, anyone can.

Thanks again for the reassurances that you gave me last week, everyone. It really helped me go through with this.
For being brave 1520932305951.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom