The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Realistically, though, how would they? They have the rule about no costumes for adults, but as they sell ears, they can't really tell people they aren't allowed to wear them in the parks, and how do you prove that someone didn't buy the ears from Disney itself? There are multiple parks selling different merchandise....they don't have the time to go through thousands of ear styles to see which ones Disney makes and which ones people have made themselves. Same with Disney clothing...there's no way to make people prove that they bought a particular shirt or something at a Disney store and not at Walmart. And as for selling them on Etsy, etc....people are selling their own designs there. They aren't making the same ears Disney is selling. I don't think it would fly. As long as the design is their own, I don't think they could prohibit it. It's no different than any other item of clothing, shoes, accessories.
Disney to some extent encourages making your own items to wear. The have a licensing agreement with Brother for DIY cutting and sewing machines.

FutureCEO

So, yea! Off today, and I was just watching the local, 5 AM news. What I find hilarious when these big storms come along, is the way the weather people report them.

Case in point: weather tag team reporting. It used to be enough that we had just one weather guy/gal report the weather, but now they all have two people -- one for the basic storm update, and then they "hand it over" to another weather person who does the winds, the tides, etc. Can't the first guy/gal do that too? They used to. :cautious:

And then, they always have these field weather people that get trashed outdoors in the wind and snow--some of them even use "props" like a shovel--to explain to us that with 12-16 inches of snow, you'll need a shovel. :rolleyes:

And, I've often wondered how they determine who gets dumped outside for the live reports, while the others get to stay indoors for the station reporting, wearing nice clothes, hair all styled and sprayed up spiffy? :hilarious::hilarious:

I really laugh at the weather team calling Nor'easters, bomb cyclones. Like we never had one before they started calling it that.

Songbird76

Thank you so much for this to-the-point explanation!!! You saved me at least 30 minutes of research:)

Same!

Oh sorry, I must have missed that post.

It’s strange that a club would have volunteers as coaches, and that they don’t hold tryouts. The coaching and skill level of other players is the main reason to do it.

Is all soccer in the UK considered “club”? Or can you play for your school as well? I’m guessing there aren’t recreational leagues either if it’s all clubs.
No idea about the UK, but in the Netherlands, there are no school sports. Everything is done by club, and you pay to belong to the club. So DS now belongs to a chess club instead of a soccer club. I sing in a band/choir, which is also considered a club, so I have to pay monthly dues to belong. DD is a bit different as her musical theater is technically a class, not a club. But with Soccer, there were no tryouts, anyone can join if they pay and if you can't afford it, there are subsidies from the city. But there were enough kids in DS's age group to have 2 teams, so they had an A team and a B team. DS was on the B team. But the fees pay for things like the uniforms and special activities, like a day camp at the end of the year.

MySmallWorldof4

Just saw on DFB that at Satuli Canteen, they got rid of the quinoa as an option. Now there are 2 rice options. So good carb swapped for bad carb @figmentfan423 . I really wanted to try it next trip. And another thing, when they have vegetarian dishes, why can't they just offer things without tofu. I don't like tofu or the fake meat that someone has invented. Why can't we just order the veggies with the sides, and then get charged a little less. I ordered a vegetarian salad at POFQ last year. It came with tofu. I didn't want it. Still was charged the same. At least take $1.00 off or offer a large salad without any added protein additions. I guess this was a rant. Sorry. All done.

12in12

Hi from Bali everyone.
I haven't had time to catch up up with the tread yet but wanted to give a quick update on my travel.
Thanks again to @Gabe1 and @StarWarsGirl for the excellent advice about the wheelchair assistance when at the airport. It made the journey here so much easier for my mother and I don't think she could have waited the 35 minutes it took for our suitcases to arrive at Denpasar without the wheelchair since there was no seating anywhere in the arrivals hall.
The flights went very smoothly and there was a huge selection of movies and tv shows available on board. I watched Coco again, and it made me cry again, I also watched the new version of the Murder on the Orient Express, The Shape of Water and year Million.
I was exhausted after travelling nearly 24 hours so just had a quick bite to eat before going to bed. We are staying in a guesthouse in Sanur for the first 2 weeks. It is very basic accommodation but clean and comfortable.
My room is on the second floor with a little seating area in front.
MVIMG_20180313_072447.jpg
View from my outside seating area.
MVIMG_20180313_072425.jpg

Sanur is most famous for its 5km walking path along a beautiful beach with lots of restaurants so this morning we went to the beach to have breakfast.
Our view having breakfast.
MVIMG_20180313_105816.jpg

My breakfast was Soto Ajam, which is chicken soup.
MVIMG_20180313_110759.jpg

My mother had granola with fruit and yoghurt.
MVIMG_20180313_110228.jpg

It is wonderfully warm, about 28C, nice and sunny most of the day.
I hope you are all doing well and I will try to catch up over the next few days.

Songbird76

We are Zoo members, museum members, aquarium members, and kings Island passes.. when the heck are we going to have time to go to any of them this year?????

We’re already having conflicts with sports and scouts.. and golf??? I have no idea when he will even be able to hit in the backyard.. much less 9 holes.. probably not a camp or driving range either.

I’m not the master juggler that I thought I was.
Breathe!!! You don't have to be Superwoman. You can not do everything. Make priorities and stick with the things you just can't miss out on. You'll drive yourself crazy trying to do everything and be everywhere, and you can't feel guilty about the things you can't fit into your schedule. It would be nice if we could add hours on to certain days where necessary, but we can't...if you're members of all these places, chances are you've been there multiple times. T will live even without the 16th trip to the zoo! And it doesn't sound as though he'll have time to be bored because you didn't take another trip to the museum....he'll be playing baseball...or at a boyscout event. He probably doesn't even realize that those things mean giving up that trip to the aquarium...he's content with all the other activities. I think you ARE a master juggler, but even the best juggler in the world has a limited capacity for how many things they can juggle at one time.

Songbird76

My DS was 2 years old. He told everyone that they were getting married. Mercy that little girl was beyond beautiful. White blonde hair and these huge powder blue eyes with eyelashes that went on forever.

My DS named my DD when she was born. He named her after his first love. :inlove:
Awww, how sweet! My DD had several contenders vying for her affection in pre-school. When the one turned 4, he invited DD for his birthday and when I asked him what he'd like for his birthday, he said he wanted a kiss from DD. :inlove::hilarious: It was so cute. Another lost any chance he might have had when he poked her arm with his index finger and it hurt.

12in12

Can you just imagine the things they must share about you without your knowledge? It was like at my grandparents when I was young. Whenever they wanted to say something they didn't want us to hear, they reverted to French. We all knew that it must have been really interesting, but, had no way of knowing for sure.
I can do this when my Australian niece and nephews are around since they don't speak Dutch. I used to be able to speak English around my Dutch nephew when I didn't want him to know something but the smarty pants taught himself english and at 9 years old he is now pretty fluent, I am envious and proud since he is so young and already tri lingual.
Boring sample lolView attachment 269387Shoot the camera didn't pick up the pretty flecks of green and yellow in the fabric
Not boring at all! And I love the light pink background.

21stamps

Hi from Bali everyone.
I haven't had time to catch up up with the tread yet but wanted to give a quick update on my travel.
Thanks again to @Gabe1 and @StarWarsGirl for the excellent advice about the wheelchair assistance when at the airport. It made the journey here so much easier for my mother and I don't think she could have waited the 35 minutes it took for our suitcases to arrive at Denpasar without the wheelchair since there was no seating anywhere in the arrivals hall.
The flights went very smoothly and there was a huge selection of movies and tv shows available on board. I watched Coco again, and it made me cry again, I also watched the new version of the Murder on the Orient Express, The Shape of Water and year Million.
I was exhausted after travelling nearly 24 hours so just had a quick bite to eat before going to bed. We are staying in a guesthouse in Sanur for the first 2 weeks. It is very basic accommodation but clean and comfortable.
My room is on the second floor with a little seating area in front.
View attachment 269993
View from my outside seating area.
View attachment 269990

Sanur is most famous for its 5km walking path along a beautiful beach with lots of restaurants so this morning we went to the beach to have breakfast.
Our view having breakfast.
View attachment 269992

My breakfast was Soto Ajam, which is chicken soup.
View attachment 269989

My mother had granola with fruit and yoghurt.
View attachment 269991

It is wonderfully warm, about 28C, nice and sunny most of the day.
I hope you are all doing well and I will try to catch up over the next few days.

Everything looks beautiful! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom