The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I saw a nighttime photo about an outdoor hot tub somewhere out West (maybe Colorado--a high end ski resort). There was snow on the ground, and people were in this hot tub in bathing suits. You could see the steam coming up from the hot water. They were all sipping champagne, and the sky above was clear with stars.

To me, that would be the ULTIMATE!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Heated pool in the snow and i am there.

When I was much younger I went skiing in Colorado several times a year. You would ski by day restaurants and bars evening. Hot Tub after that. So many Hot Tubs in clusters. Usually adult beverages flowing. It was so much fun-until you had to climb out,put a robe on, stuff your bare feet into your boots and run to your room. Brrr

Good times. Good memories.

Gabe1

One little bit of good news for me, ours isn't quite as formal:joyfull: The dress is casual Friday:joyfull: DS got a nice pair of pants still hanging in the closet with the tags, his dress shirt still fits and he wears the same size shoes as my dh so he's going to borrow them. No cologne or heavy perfume or flowers because it will still be allergy season. So I just have to buy:rolleyes::brb::cautious: and the tickets.
Boogers. Why didn't I raise a family in an area like yours! Though the DD was far more practical minded then ManChild was.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've never tried a doggie treat--how did it taste? :hilarious:

Actually the dog treats from the farm market are pretty good. I've only tasted the blueberry one I got her but it wasn't bad. The lady that makes them makes them with a base of oatmeal, peanut butter and bacon. Then fruits are put in. Besides the blueberry I've also bought cranberry. Today we got her a cranberry one and a pumpkin one.

Oh and I see why you highlighted the for us, I guess that wasn't very good wording on my part.:p

Gabe1

53 here right now. We are expecting mostly upper 60's and low 70's for the next few weeks. I did catch a 50 in there in the month long forecast though. I just hope for Halloween it will be sunny and warm(fat chance). Walking around the neighborhood in the cold and up and down the long driveways is not my idea of fun. I did try to bribe little dd6 that I would just by her candy, but she said no. At least I didn't have to buy a new costume. :)She is wearing oldest dd's Cinderella wedding gown that we got 10 years ago at the Disney Outlet in Orlando.
Love the Character Warehouse outlet in Orlando. Today they had Figment magic bands. $1.99

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Beautiful day here. In the afternoon Kapono and I enjoyed a nice walk.
IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0149.JPG

She did not being on the bridge. She's looking at me with that "mom can we go now" look.
IMG_0150.JPG

And the pot roast with potatoes and carrots was excellent. The bread was a pesto focaccia from the farmers market. Plus some cottage cheese for me, partially seen in the picture behind my plate. For some reason I love to have cottage cheese with my pot roast.
IMG_0151.JPG

Gabe1

If it hasn't been addressed 'cause I am once again so far behind and out of the loop...

Slime is a trending thing for the youth. It is all over Instagram. Don't look for it to go away, started last fall and is still trending strong on Instagram.
Speaking of slime, my 7th graders were making it in Art class today and brought it to class with them. They did use it appropriately but the color they used in the slime bled and was making their hand different colors!

What is all the fascination with slime all if a sudden?

Gabe1

We are hoping for those kind of temperatures over the week-end. Right now, it's starting to rain....

We had 1/3 of an inch of rain in September. Greenery around here looks very funky. Leaves on plants have a flat green color and the grass looks like February.

We either get floods or nothing. Strange year. I did on the other hand have enough rain in day one of Irma rain to fulfill my requirements of wet. :p Day 2 of Irma was sunshine.

Gabe1

We also had a few days in the high 80s, but a colder front is finally moving in--I could feel the cooler air already this afternoon. Also the humidity has finally gone away, too. Think it all might have been from the tail end of hurricanes.

Its been chilly here for a few days. Give it a couple days and we will be in the high 80s again. Got to love Indian Summer.
We missed the early chill in September for a week as we were in the 90s with dear 'ole Irma. I'm not liking round 2. Upside my lawn hasn't grown in a month.

Gabe1

This makes me sad. I was enjoying our upper 80's.;)

Really? I wonder if they are trying to revamp their stores like they did with the website? I used to love going into the store when it was in the earlier days. Walking in was like being on a little vacation. We got our Disney fix by walking in.:) What say you @donaldtoo ?

A month or two ago Disney Stores announced a new business model. I think the stores are starting in Texas to remodel first, if I am remembering correctly. I sure know it wasn't Illinois.

And I don't care for hot hot weather but I'm willing to take the warm temps. I hate snow.

Gabe1

I don't know, but it is better than those stupid fidget spinners. At least so far.

We have policy now on spinner-ish IEP manipulative type things. They need to be placed into the IEPs and documented for the how, whens and whys. So far no takers. Don't think our special ed teachers want to deal with Spinners either.

Gabe1

Yeah, it's like...you can't really arrange anything until you have answers. Everything hangs on the diagnosis. And you hang in the balance of just wanting it to be done and being able to go further and what result do you want? No one WANTS their kid to have Autism, but IF you have a diagnosis there are so many more options than if you DON'T. So you want the diagnosis, but you also don't. I don't know what to hope for and I don't know where to look for help because I don't know yet how much or what kind of help I'm looking for. Do I look for a school geared towards kids with Autism? Or do I look for a regular school just with smaller classes? Or should I not be looking at new schools at all since DS has problems dealing with change? Is the therapy he's getting the right kind? Is it focusing on the right things or do we need to shift gears? I'm just confused, and tired, and I just want to know what the heck I'm doing!! Ideally, I'd wave a magic wand and it would all just be sorted out without my having to do anything, but that's probably not going to happen. So....waiting game. Go team.

So who diagnosis' Autism over there. Teachers or Medical Doctors?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Actually the dog treats from the farm market are pretty good. I've only tasted the blueberry one I got her but it wasn't bad. The lady that makes them makes them with a base of oatmeal, peanut butter and bacon. Then fruits are put in. Besides the blueberry I've also bought cranberry. Today we got her a cranberry one and a pumpkin one.

Oh and I see why you highlighted the for us, I guess that wasn't very good wording on my part.:p

They sound all natural and probably do taste good! True story: when we had our previous dog, one of my brothers bought her a box of Liv-a-Snaps dog treats. He was curious, and took one out of the box and sampled it. He said it was quite good, and he proceeded to munch on another 4-5 of them!! :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Beautiful day here. In the afternoon Kapono and I enjoyed a nice walk.
View attachment 234824

View attachment 234825

View attachment 234826

She did not being on the bridge. She's looking at me with that "mom can we go now" look.
View attachment 234827

And the pot roast with potatoes and carrots was excellent. The bread was a pesto focaccia from the farmers market. Plus some cottage cheese for me, partially seen in the picture behind my plate. For some reason I love to have cottage cheese with my pot roast.
View attachment 234828

That looks delicious! Never heard of cottage cheese with pot roast, but I like cottage cheese so some day I'll try that. I made crock pot beef stew yesterday, and it was yummy (no cottage cheese though ;)).

Figgy1

Premium Member
Boogers. Why didn't I raise a family in an area like yours! Though the DD was far more practical minded then ManChild was.
Some of the boys this year are planning on wearing nicer jeans and a polo shirt and most of the girls are planning on wearing dresses but not going out to get hair and make up done:joyfull: Of course there's always a couple of guys who wear jeans with the tux Tshirt even at prom:joyfull: I heard it was a bit more formal before the last economic downturn. Formal but not stuffy and flowers and strong scents have been policy at school and all it's functions for a while:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I like that none of the students are left out of anything if they can't afford it:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom