The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Doing a happy dance!! One of the bullies has been expelled! Now..I DO have a question...what did he have to do to accomplish this feat? He was a kid from the other school...they have been at this school for 6 weeks and he's already gone. In the past several years, my son has been kicked, pushed down, pushed off the top of a slide, slammed against a wall, spit on, snapped with a towel, tripped, had a ball kicked at him repeatedly as hard as possible, and various other infractions and none of those kids were ever even disciplined much less expelled. So, as my husband says "Where's the body?" because he must have murdered someone to get kicked out in 6 weeks!!

Edit: I realize I knew a bully had been expelled, but until today, we weren't sure if it was one of DS's bullies, but DS was told today that this particular kid was not coming back to school, that they were looking for another school for him and then an email was sent to all the parents in his class saying this kid is absent until they find him a new situation. So it was confirmed that it was this kid, and it's just a HUGE relief!!!

Good news!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Someone on my daughter's bus was wiping homemade slime on other kids. :mad: It more like a paste made with baking soda and toothpaste all over her sleeve. Idiot children I call them.

Speaking of slime, my 7th graders were making it in Art class today and brought it to class with them. They did use it appropriately but the color they used in the slime bled and was making their hand different colors!

donaldtoo

Ah, yeah, I wish we weren't coming into it so late in the game. I tried so hard to get help already when he was just a baby but everyone just said it was a phase, he'd grow out of it, he'd learn not to cry when he saw that other kids didn't, or other kids would look at him funny and he'd realize his reactions were out of proportion and he'd learn to tone it down, etc...Obviously that didn't happen. And now we're so late in someone actually BELIEVING me when I said something was wrong that it's a whole lot harder to deal with.
New development: We had an AWESOME time in Dublin and some of my friends had also brought their kids along, who are around DS's age. They all played together SO nicely...it was amazing. DS had the BEST time. And in 4 days he only had ONE meltdown when the swing they were all on together (all 5 kids in one of those big round swings) went too high and he got scared...and guess what happened? Instead of using his fear against him, they were concerned, stopped the swing and let him off and then one of the kids went and asked if he was alright. I could have cried. Seeing how he was able to just be so unreserved and have fun and play and having him be so accepted by the other kids...it just proved that HE is not the problem. And then Sunday night we are ready to go to dinner. We had said goodbye to everyone as they were all going home on Sunday and we were staying one more night. DS had a breakdown because he realized he'd have to go back to school in 2 days and was TERRIFIED. He wanted to stay in Dublin where it was safe. So DH immediately wrote the school an email explaining that a kid being so scared to go to school that he's sobbing 2 days beforehand is not acceptable and DS would not be returning to school until we could trust that he was safe. DH went in this morning and talked to the teachers and the principal and apparently they've already expelled one kid. Last week, after DS's session with his Psychologist, she sent the school a report saying she was very concerned about his emotional health at school, basically and the next day, I talked to the teacher and she said that this one kid who bullies him wasn't there that day. I asked DS the next day and he wasn't there that day. Friday DS didn't go to school because we were headed to Dublin, Monday we were on the way back, and I asked DS if the kid was there today and he said no. So I kind of think that's the kid who was expelled. They didn't give DH any names or even tell him which year the expelled kid was in, just that they are taking a stand against aggressive behavior and one kid was already gone and they were deciding what to do with 2 more. And DS's teacher told DH that after 6 weeks, she could finally TEACH instead of just policing, now that this one kid is gone. So I'm almost sure it has to be the one DS was most worried about. We have an interview tomorrow with the Supervisor for the Psychologist to discuss the possibility of Autism, and then a round table discussion with all of us next week about the school situation and whether we want to move DS to another school, etc. But I hope we're finally getting somewhere!!

So glad y'all and DS had a great time in Dublin, and that positive progress with y'all's DS seems to finally be being made!!! :)
And yes, as a parent...

image.jpeg
image.png

;)

donaldtoo

You have to be able to use both eyes and have them co-ordinate. I can't do that, so no line less bifocals for me. I've had floaters all my life, the brain will eliminate those over time. I only see them in bright light, so I wear sunglasses.

Sympathy like.
I've had floaters since about my early 30's, and at first had no clue what they were...a bit alarming 'til I found out.
I still see them on occasion, but, it seems to be less now than way back then.
Like you related, and as I was also told, thankfully, our brains just kinda' ignore them after a while. :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
DKtGdhGXoAIvlPW.jpg

Songbird76

{{HUGS}} I think back over the years with my ds and remember the waiting periods were some of the roughest so vent away when you need to.
Yeah, it's like...you can't really arrange anything until you have answers. Everything hangs on the diagnosis. And you hang in the balance of just wanting it to be done and being able to go further and what result do you want? No one WANTS their kid to have Autism, but IF you have a diagnosis there are so many more options than if you DON'T. So you want the diagnosis, but you also don't. I don't know what to hope for and I don't know where to look for help because I don't know yet how much or what kind of help I'm looking for. Do I look for a school geared towards kids with Autism? Or do I look for a regular school just with smaller classes? Or should I not be looking at new schools at all since DS has problems dealing with change? Is the therapy he's getting the right kind? Is it focusing on the right things or do we need to shift gears? I'm just confused, and tired, and I just want to know what the heck I'm doing!! Ideally, I'd wave a magic wand and it would all just be sorted out without my having to do anything, but that's probably not going to happen. So....waiting game. Go team.

Songbird76

Homecoming dance details were released today and James already has a "date" Oh joy now he "needs" a new tie to wear View attachment 234318at least it's subtle:joyfull: 2 others have also called asking if he had plans. Time to unplug phone!
Hrmmm....does he have his own phone yet? Then he can channel the calls through that instead of the home phone. Is the "date" his friend who he signed up for choir with?

Songbird76

I don't know, but it is better than those stupid fidget spinners. At least so far.
We went through the slime phase a few years ago...we've passed it now. Yesterday at therapy, though, DS had a little...not a necklace, but it was like curvy beads that snap together and can twist and such. https://www.leerhulpmiddelen.com/a-...ddelen/nieuwe-kleuren-tangle-junior-classics/ Anyway, it really seemed to help him a lot. Normally, when he's telling you a story, he's pacing back and forth and he doesn't really make eye contact, but he played with this thing the whole time he was talking and he sat still. So we bought him one for home and one for school. He said it's like a fidget spinner for his hands. It made him feel calm.
The Psychologist said it was good for kids who need something to do with his hands, and was quiet unlike kids who sit and play with a pen...clicking it over and over. And it doesn't make a mess, so yay. I don't know if it will be a new phase where everyone has one or not, but if it keeps him calm and helps him concentrate, great.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yeah, it's like...you can't really arrange anything until you have answers. Everything hangs on the diagnosis. And you hang in the balance of just wanting it to be done and being able to go further and what result do you want? No one WANTS their kid to have Autism, but IF you have a diagnosis there are so many more options than if you DON'T. So you want the diagnosis, but you also don't. I don't know what to hope for and I don't know where to look for help because I don't know yet how much or what kind of help I'm looking for. Do I look for a school geared towards kids with Autism? Or do I look for a regular school just with smaller classes? Or should I not be looking at new schools at all since DS has problems dealing with change? Is the therapy he's getting the right kind? Is it focusing on the right things or do we need to shift gears? I'm just confused, and tired, and I just want to know what the heck I'm doing!! Ideally, I'd wave a magic wand and it would all just be sorted out without my having to do anything, but that's probably not going to happen. So....waiting game. Go team.
When we moved my ds was out of sorts for weeks but it worked out much better in the long run so yes change stinks but if it's the right change do it. If that makes sense. I say look at all your options, check out every program he can get into and talk to the professionals. If he does change schools or even goes to something else in his current school life will be rough for a bit but once you have a diagnosis you also have to think long term. Prayers and pixie dust xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hrmmm....does he have his own phone yet? Then he can channel the calls through that instead of the home phone. Is the "date" his friend who he signed up for choir with?
Yup the "date" is with the friend he rides the bus with and signed up for chorus and band together. He has his own phone but it gets handed over to me when he walks in the door for the next couple of weeks. he got caught playing games on it past his bed time the other night and woke me up:brb::cautious::mad::mad::mad:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Yup the "date" is with the friend he rides the bus with and signed up for chorus and band together. He has his own phone but it gets handed over to me when he walks in the door for the next couple of weeks. he got caught playing games on it past his bed time the other night and woke me up:brb::cautious::mad::mad::mad:
I did wonder why your profile picture hadn't changed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom