The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
And so it begins....

My son, his Freshman year homecoming date, fly by the seat of your pants kid...its Tuesday, late night. I'm at my desk on the computer preparing for a school board meeting the next evening. He joins me, so excited and announces he is going to Homecoming (that upcoming Saturday) Everything just wizzes though my head at once and it isn't the school board policy I'm trying to wrap my brain around anymore.

Me: You are? With who?

DS: Catie

Me: Catie who?

DS: Catie Kxxxxxx

Me: (now eyes bugging out) Catie Kxxxxx???? :jawdrop: Dr. Kxxxxx Daughter????

Me: Wow. How do you know her?

DS: My History Class. You know you know her Mother right???

Me: Yeah. Well tomorrow night should be interested. Our Assistant Superintendent's DD. :cyclops: (mind wanders cause this DS best now better be above and beyond the perfect gentleman. :cyclops: Mind wanders more....we know 8th grad grad suit doesn't fit, barely fit new for graduation. Can't take him tonight, too late, board meeting tomorrow, Thursday suit shopping with Homecoming Saturday. :facepalm:
Flowers. Where are we getting flowers on 3 days notice.

Me: Do your shoes still fit?

DS: Returns. No. :(

Me: Well going to Homecoming! :cyclops: How exciting. :greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy:
One little bit of good news for me, ours isn't quite as formal:joyfull: The dress is casual Friday:joyfull: DS got a nice pair of pants still hanging in the closet with the tags, his dress shirt still fits and he wears the same size shoes as my dh so he's going to borrow them. No cologne or heavy perfume or flowers because it will still be allergy season. So I just have to buy:rolleyes::brb::cautious: and the tickets.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Heated pool in the snow and i am there.

I saw a nighttime photo about an outdoor hot tub somewhere out West (maybe Colorado--a high end ski resort). There was snow on the ground, and people were in this hot tub in bathing suits. You could see the steam coming up from the hot water. They were all sipping champagne, and the sky above was clear with stars.

To me, that would be the ULTIMATE!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I saw a nighttime photo about an outdoor hot tub somewhere out West (maybe Colorado--a high end ski resort). There was snow on the ground, and people were in this hot tub in bathing suits. You could see the steam coming up from the hot water. They were all sipping champagne, and the sky above was clear with stars.

How about here
http://www.bluelagoon.com

FutureCEO

What?!?!?! Someone from Texas claiming they know it all?!?!?! :eek: :jawdrop: :hilarious: :D ;)
I guess "Bison Bill" woulda' sounded fine, but, maybe "buffalo" is just more fun to say...? :cyclops: ;)
Actually, I think I'm just gonna' call 'em "heffalo" from now on...!!! :hilarious: :D ;) :)

Or you could pull a Disney and start calling them Heffalump's

Which I know the Winnie the Pooh version is geared towards elephants.

FutureCEO

DD has no say in her work laptop but she is never going back for her own, she loves her apple notebook. She bought that her sophomore year of college when her Dell that she bought for college, high end gave her nothing but grief. She just loves her notebook.

My mac is 7 years old. Slow and flickers blue sometimes but still alive and kicking. It's annoying how less you get compared to PCs for the price though. Which I think I got priced out of the market.

MySmallWorldof4

Sure. It's all fun until it's time to get out and you realize you are sopping wet in sub-freezing temperatures. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom