The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Ah, yeah, I wish we weren't coming into it so late in the game. I tried so hard to get help already when he was just a baby but everyone just said it was a phase, he'd grow out of it, he'd learn not to cry when he saw that other kids didn't, or other kids would look at him funny and he'd realize his reactions were out of proportion and he'd learn to tone it down, etc...Obviously that didn't happen. And now we're so late in someone actually BELIEVING me when I said something was wrong that it's a whole lot harder to deal with.
New development: We had an AWESOME time in Dublin and some of my friends had also brought their kids along, who are around DS's age. They all played together SO nicely...it was amazing. DS had the BEST time. And in 4 days he only had ONE meltdown when the swing they were all on together (all 5 kids in one of those big round swings) went too high and he got scared...and guess what happened? Instead of using his fear against him, they were concerned, stopped the swing and let him off and then one of the kids went and asked if he was alright. I could have cried. Seeing how he was able to just be so unreserved and have fun and play and having him be so accepted by the other kids...it just proved that HE is not the problem. And then Sunday night we are ready to go to dinner. We had said goodbye to everyone as they were all going home on Sunday and we were staying one more night. DS had a breakdown because he realized he'd have to go back to school in 2 days and was TERRIFIED. He wanted to stay in Dublin where it was safe. So DH immediately wrote the school an email explaining that a kid being so scared to go to school that he's sobbing 2 days beforehand is not acceptable and DS would not be returning to school until we could trust that he was safe. DH went in this morning and talked to the teachers and the principal and apparently they've already expelled one kid. Last week, after DS's session with his Psychologist, she sent the school a report saying she was very concerned about his emotional health at school, basically and the next day, I talked to the teacher and she said that this one kid who bullies him wasn't there that day. I asked DS the next day and he wasn't there that day. Friday DS didn't go to school because we were headed to Dublin, Monday we were on the way back, and I asked DS if the kid was there today and he said no. So I kind of think that's the kid who was expelled. They didn't give DH any names or even tell him which year the expelled kid was in, just that they are taking a stand against aggressive behavior and one kid was already gone and they were deciding what to do with 2 more. And DS's teacher told DH that after 6 weeks, she could finally TEACH instead of just policing, now that this one kid is gone. So I'm almost sure it has to be the one DS was most worried about. We have an interview tomorrow with the Supervisor for the Psychologist to discuss the possibility of Autism, and then a round table discussion with all of us next week about the school situation and whether we want to move DS to another school, etc. But I hope we're finally getting somewhere!!
That is wonderful news! I am so glad to hear that ds had a great time with other kids. Glad the school finally decided to get rid of the rotten apple. Good luck with the meeting.:)

MySmallWorldof4

I dont think its only the eyes imho, the nerves and muscles as well. :eek:
Yes, I read that there are actually eye exercises that people should do to work the muscles. Nearsightedness in kids is increasing because many of them sit for hours in front of tablets and phones and have them withing inches of their faces. It is best to look away every now and then and try and focus on something far away to give your eyes a break.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom