News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I love Marvel and they can't shove enough Marvel into the parks for my taste.

Especially when it's versus Aerosmith. Really? People want to die on the nostalgia barricade for Aerosmith? I don't get it.

Aerosmith has a lot of fans and is part of the reason why I enjoy the RNRC a lot. Slapping some cheap overlay onto it just to tie into the latest trendy franchise is just poor and short sighted.

And of course, the overlay needs to be better than what it replaced. Otherwise, that's just like letting the original languish with outdated and broken FX, which happens. If an overlay is what brings in the money to update and repair... overlay away!

No. Stop with the overlay BS and actually build something new. Add to the park, not replace.

matt9112

Alcatraz is the reported code name of one of the brand new E Tickets at Star Wars Experience. Sometimes described as an E Ticket+, it will integrate a host of advanced technologies into the most stunning attraction ever made.

Trackless vehicles. 150 audio animtronics (according to MiceChat). Perfect screen and set integration. Massive scale. Elevators. On board vehicle audio animtronics (a droid like R2-D2).

All on one ride.

The premise is a prison Breakout (hence the Alcatraz name). I imagine we're prisoners or rescuing prisoners and we have to evade fire from legions of First Order Storm Troopers and fight for freedom.

Along the way we'll be meeting two of these bad boys:

They will be shooting at you. In the ride.

This ride should, unless "something goes horribly wrong" (hey, it's Disney ;) ), be the best ride in the world. It's going to be mind blowing and massive.

Though I don't think I can properly hype this ride up with words. You're just going to have to wait until 2019! :D

Man you must be on the payroll.

matt9112

giphy.gif

I spent far too long trying to read one of those.

Kman101

Are we really conditioned now to accept that a change of theme and IP overlay is actually okay? Like it's the norm and should be expected?

They're going to do what they want to do. What does complaining about it accomplish? But yeah, I think you answered your own question. We know what they do and what to expect. I don't like it at all but that's what they're doing. Overlays. Replacements. I want new builds but they aren't doing that. How can we change that? And what does hating everything they do on principle (not saying a lot of what they've done inspires confidence, it doesn't) accomplish? If it got results from them, great. But they ignore petitions and fan complaints and they probably laugh at us and they probably laugh at those who eat up everything they do.

It's just speculation about RnRc and it's just the lesser of some other evils to some if they put Guardians there. I personally could care less if they removed Aerosmith from RnRc. Why would switching them out with different eras of rock be a bad thing? I don't want Guardians going there.

Last edited:

Kman101

What does being a member of this forum accomplish?

What have we done to change anything? I'm not being snarky but serious. What have our endless complaints done? What can they do?

This is a discussion board. (Which I know they read.) It's to discuss and debate and dissect. It doesn't always have to be complaining and hating everything they do.

Nothing to say about the rest of my post? Ok ...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's to discuss and debate and dissect.
Which is what we do. If we don't like something we say so. As part of the discussion.

To be honest for a lot of people it seems there's not been much that they've done that deserves much praise for a long time now.

The reasons why people are so passionate about what they dislike has been discussed ad nauseum.

If you don't like the complaining part of a discussion you can always skip past it. With respect.

Kman101

Which is what we do. If we don't like something we say so. As part of the discussion.

To be honest for a lot of people it seems there's not been much that they've done that deserves much praise for a long time now.

The reasons why people are so passionate about what they dislike has been discussed ad nauseum.

If you don't like the complaining part of a discussion you can always skip past it. With respect.

It's not really about the complaining. I do skip past a lot of it. And I complain as well. You're sort of missing my point in mentioning that, with all due respect.

I've asked you what we can do and you aren't really answering that. I'm all for changing the mindset but they don't listen to us, even you acknowledge that. So what does complaining accomplish? I'm not being snarky or saying I don't think the complaints are valid. You have read most of my posts, no?

So tell me what can be done, constructively, to change the mindset that they have.

And answer me please, what does complaining and hating what they do on principle solve or accomplish? It doesn't. It's not about not having an opinion, I'm the first one to remind people this is a discussion board and opinions widely vary ...

And also knowing things like you do and knowing what could be and what it won't be, maybe isn't always the best.

I'm disappointed too but I'm not going to protest certain things out of spite or on principle unless I knew it accomplished something. So again, please tell me how we can do something about it.

ToTBellHop

It's not really about the complaining. I do skip past a lot of it. And I complain as well. You're sort of missing my point in mentioning that, with all due respect.

I've asked you what we can do and you aren't really answering that. I'm all for changing the mindset but they don't listen to us, even you acknowledge that. So what does complaining accomplish? I'm not being snarky or saying I don't think the complaints are valid. You have read most of my posts, no?

So tell me what can be done, constructively, to change the mindset that they have.

And answer me please, what does complaining and hating what they do on principle solve or accomplish? It doesn't. It's not about not having an opinion, I'm the first one to remind people this is a discussion board and opinions widely vary ...

And also knowing things like you do and knowing what could be and what it won't be, maybe isn't always the best.

I'm disappointed too but I'm not going to protest certain things out of spite or on principle unless I knew it accomplished something. So again, please tell me how we can do something about it.
We have impacted some projects in the past. And I'll leave it at that.

Kman101

We have impacted some projects in the past. And I'll leave it at that.

That's all I was looking for. Thank you. But if we want things to change, we have to be united on certain things. I understand complaints serve a purpose but I want to know that it is serving a purpose. That's all.

And why the secrecy on what's been impacted? I'd like to know that we do make a difference. I'm guessing Tower of Terror for one.

I don't think anything I asked was unreasonable or anything. Like I said I want to know we're making a difference and what we should be fighting against.

They aren't stopping IPs or toons in Epcot. I'd prefer to stop that and a lot of other things as well but you know they ultimately will do what they want to do.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
What have we done to change anything?
What have our endless complaints done? What can they do?
they ultimately will do what they want to do.
The very essence of layered theme with fluidity and true cohesiveness is being dismantled in favor of single layer, flashy, lazy storytelling lacking soul but with a themed cup cake to create "synergy".

I would rather voice my concern and be labeled a "complainer" , than applaud and accept minimal effort. Will I still visit and spend money? yes. There are still many aspects of the resort which I enjoy have yet to be meddled with. Which is also a reason I send emails to the company and "complain" here, in an effort to prevent further pigeonholing. The individual complaints and emails may seem insignificant, but they will accumulate over time. With enough people properly voicing concern, it will eventually be hard to ignore.

Goofyernmost

Are we really conditioned now to accept that a change of theme and IP overlay is actually okay? Like it's the norm and should be expected?
I hate to always point out how little control we have over what they want their parks to be, but, again, it may very well be that change of theme and IP overlay is the new norm and should be expected. What is the use of feeling otherwise? We lack the power to change anything and some source of information they possess, that we don't, might just be saying this is the way to go to maximize profit and not really do any damage to attendance. Would I like it to be that way? Of course not, but, it will be whatever they decide they want it to be, so why get ulcers over it. We either accept the way it is or what it is becoming and spend our money there or we find a different diversion and put some variety into our lives. Personally, I plan to go the later direction. WDW or Disney in general no longer speaks to me. OK, the world doesn't revolve around me, so somethings like ageing, death, taxes and the whims of Disney have to be accepted, not liked, but, accepted. The difference between the four things I just mentioned is that we don't have to participate in the last one unless we decide to do so. The other three give us a lot less choice.:)

Kman101

The very essence of layered theme with fluidity and true cohesiveness is being dismantled in favor of single layer, flashy, lazy storytelling lacking soul but with a themed cup cake to create "synergy".

I would rather voice my concern and be labeled a "complainer" , than applaud and accept minimal effort. Will I still visit and spend money? yes. There are still many aspects of the resort which I enjoy have yet to be meddled with. Which is also a reason I send emails to the company and "complain" here, in an effort to prevent further pigeonholing. The individual complaints and emails may seem insignificant, but they will accumulate over time. With enough people properly voicing concern, it will eventually be hard to ignore.

I'm actually not saying don't complain but that seems to be what's being focused on. I just think a more concerted effort than just complaining is more effective. What have we done to stop what they're doing? Not being snarky but they do what they want. I want to know that it makes a difference and they've shown it really doesn't so why come off as just being seen as complainers? I voiced complaints about them closing GMR in the park. I complain about what they do quite a bit. Can we stop the Tiki room? Mickey going into GMR?

HMF

As I said the only way under the Bobs to preserve the parks is for the Film Studios to shut down. Not that I really want or expect that to happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom