News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

THE Monorail Lime

Mickey Mouse presents the great big movie ride!
Mickeys magic brings you and Mickey and all his friends in the movies

Queue
Would remain intact expect the room with the movie playing would be cut in half to become a preshow room

Preshow would be Mickey getting ready to give you the behind the scenes tour of the theater then he finds the sorcerers hat thinking it was a prop and starts moving around then a burst of magic hits the wall. Mickey then notices the guests and says sorry about that he got carried away...welcome to the mans Chinese theater. Broom moves in corner of room and falls down then things start falling suddenly a explosion of magic as the hat hits the floor transporting the whole theater in to the movies

-Ride-building is gutted
Doors "fall" open guest exit to magic tour cars (sorry only thing I could come up with for trackless
Cars) suddenly a swirl of magic pushes the car forward in to the first movie

Room 2 steam boat willy narrator

Is in the center and the cars are going around it. Magic shoots out of the funnel and the lights go out

Room 3
Fantasia- first room with an AA
Water shoots up all around your car as you continue to the next room

Room 4- magic splits the cars up in to were the Indy room 1 and 2 were screens show Mickey heading into the cave of wonders the car turns to face the cave prop and dive in the cars spin once or twice and meet and crash into treasure
An AA Mickey stands in front and rubs lamp and AA jafar rises up and yells POWER! and turns into a snake.
Mickey fights off the snake and the cars roll forward.

Room 5 End

Magic swirls around cars door open and your back in the theater.

Goofyernmost

Multiple insiders? Bob Iger himself said it would be renamed.

The rumored leading names seem to be (in no particular order):
Disney Hollywood
Disney's Hollywood
Disney Hollywoodland
Disney's Hollywoodland
Disney's Hollywood Adventure
Disney Hollywood Adventure

Hope that helps.
I have it from a very reliable source.....

"No Name Disney Park" Just pay your money and come in. It is famous for its Potpourri based theming.

MCast

Though I am sure it will have as much to do with Hollywood as DCA does with California now.

I feel like Disney's argument/messaging will be along the lines of " we are directly transporting you into the films you love and the adventures that take place" similar to how DCA claims they transport you into different areas of CA.

Whether or not people buy into that is a whole other story

brb1006

I forgot Jasmine's Carpets too! :p

It took me by surprise too though. I was about to just say that they were cloning before TDS came into the fold, but the more I thought about it, they're back to doing that again. No problem with cloning at all though. When Tokyo clones stuff, you often get the best version of said clone/concept. Tower, Spirits, Star Tours, Thunder (at the time), Indy, Pooh, Buzz, (at the time) and others I'm probably forgetting were the best of their type when they opened, all being "upgrades" of an earlier concept/ride. The only thing smarter than cloning is doing "cloning plus" like they've done with Thunder, Tower and Splash. Took superior attractions and made them even better! I'm all for it!

Don't try to "upgrade" Fantasmic though, that failed badly. ;)
Tokyo's Pooh is completely different compared to the other Pooh rides since the AA's are more detailed.

Mike S

Can we get back to complaining about the travesty of replacing the Great Movie Ride?
giphy.gif

Kman101

Can we get back to complaining about the travesty of replacing the Great Movie Ride?

Total travesty.

Took my last spin today. Really sad.

And not that it matters, and I never do this, but I went to guest services and said I know they're replacing the ride and I think it's a mistake. They agreed with me but with a wink and a nod said "it's not closing". It was cute. The castmembers here don't understand what's going on either. Many have said they think the makeover has been a complete mess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom