• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

disneygeek90

I actually agree, along with the UK ride and anything else that can absorb people, but that's in Epcot. DHS will need more. The fact is, people are going to be there for Star Wars. They need more rides to absorb those people.
This may have already been discussed, but does the UK ride have any details about it rumored? Style/ theme etc?

CrescentLake

Advertisement
This may have already been discussed, but does the UK ride have any details about it rumored? Style/ theme etc?
I am about the furthest thing from an insider imaginable, but @marni1971 has offered some direction (as much as he can provide at this moment).

PorterRedkey

Premium Member
Splash at DL and WDW are virtually identical. Only thing missing from the DL version is Brer Frog.
There are many more differences than that.

The one being WDW's version is not "open". WDW's has blue sky or other appropriate backgrounds, instead of the see-through backgrounds at DL.

Boat rocks in the last scene and we have Blue bird with Br'er Rabbit too.

Final scene before the lift is difference etc...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know what it is. RNRC is not much more than a fancy coaster with some backlighted props but it's still an awesome ride and it deserves better treatment than a cheap overlay. Disney, Marvel and GOTG fans deserve better than that. Look elsewhere to shove Marvel.
I love Marvel and they can't shove enough Marvel into the parks for my taste.

Especially when it's versus Aerosmith. Really? People want to die on the nostalgia barricade for Aerosmith? I don't get it.

And of course, the overlay needs to be better than what it replaced. Otherwise, that's just like letting the original languish with outdated and broken FX, which happens. If an overlay is what brings in the money to update and repair... overlay away!

FigmentJedi

There are many more differences than that.

The one being WDW's version is not "open". WDW's has blue sky or other appropriate backgrounds, instead of the see-through backgrounds at DL.

Boat rocks in the last scene and we have Blue bird with Br'er Rabbit too.

Final scene before the lift is difference etc...
Disneyland also has a lot more elements that are inherent to how they just recycled the America Sings figures like the random Brer Rabbit on a railway push cart scene or the car full of animals.

HMF

Not really. Disneyland's is faster and more musical, WDW has more story going on in it and has a slower pace to accommodate it.
Yes, but that is discernable only to geeks like us. To the average joe they are pretty similar.

disneylandcm

The area around - and what it may contain - the Tower of Terrifying makeover has had a budget cut.
Hello Marni1971. I live in So Cal and follow DL Resort news. Does this mean the Hollywood/Marvel makeover is being downsized in favor of other projects/attractions? Thank you!

larryz

Disneyphilus Smirkatious
Premium Member
Seems like it. Thankfully.

Projections may go digital instead.
Sounds like whoever's making decisions is vulnerable to going with the latest idea pitched to them. I worked for a manager like that once, and it made daily life h-e-double-good-kellogg's-best-to-you. Terribly hard to get anything done with changing goals and priorities all the time.

rushtest4echo

Splash at DL and WDW are virtually identical. Only thing missing from the DL version is Brer Frog.
That's a NO all over the place if you truly know the rides. Besides the obvious different logs (which are a massive plus at WDW) you have:

Different lighting schemes
Different color palettes
Different music/score
Different lift mechanisms
Different blocking mechanisms
Different sound effects/water gags
Different stations/boat storage
Bird Tree/Tree House after B lift on WDW's
Autumn backdrop on DLRs vs Blue Sky backdrops on WDW's
Farmer Rabbit scene on WDW's
Million Dollar Brer Rabbit on WDW's
Totally different scenes before 2nd drop (WDW's has much more characters and theming)
Brer Fox Honey Scene on WDW's
Completely different scenes at base of C lift
Different run out areas

I know on the surface they seem the same, and yes they do share the same layout for the most part. But they're very different- as is Tokyo's (even better version). Since we're debating the nuances of stuff like Mansion and which are better- WDW's Splash is really a massive upgrade to DLR's even on the surface. Underneath, where CM's and maintenance are involved- it's even more different (and much better at WDW). The Splashes are probably more different or at least as different as the Jungle Cruises, the Mansions or the Thunder Mountains.

Cesar R M

This is what I've been saying since this was specified as a legitimate rumor. DHS is going to have an enormous problem. It already does not have much to do. Now GMR is being taken off line, and at some point TSMM will have to close for a little while for toy story land. Imagine Tower or Rockin Rollercoaster goes down for a day (or worse?) You'll have a park with nothing to do.

That's not even getting into the fact that Star Wars Land is going to flood a small park that is not prepared for it.
I wonder if they will try to flood the park with temporal shows, like the Frozen one and M&G's until the attractions reopen.
Which honestly wouldnt surprise me.

Cesar R M

Not sure how a Mickey ride could set the table for a movies-based park any better than GMR, and how would you grow a themed land around the GMR building? That line of thinking only justifies keeping GMR and using Launch Bay for Mickey.
It does.. to their wallet.
I wonder if launch bay will be as "temporal" as the Hat when star wars proves to be so popular..

Cesar R M

Agreed, but they're mostly movies still. And unless they're dropping "Hollywood" from the park name, I'd still argue GMR is a solid centerpiece, not that Disney cares what I think. They just see GMR as a big empty building where they can toss a new ride they can market. It will solve literally zero capacity issues that SWL will only continue to compound.
They seem to want to replace everything that isnt a "popular ip" of the moment.

Cesar R M

Or the other option..

Nothing should be "expendable" without good reason. Which this isn't.

Build new.
somewhere.. in the distant realm... a wall street executive of burbank is crying because his wallet is screaming like a possessed demon..it demands more blood..more cost cuts.. more bonuses..

insert name here

I love Marvel and they can't shove enough Marvel into the parks for my taste.

Especially when it's versus Aerosmith. Really? People want to die on the nostalgia barricade for Aerosmith? I don't get it.

And of course, the overlay needs to be better than what it replaced. Otherwise, that's just like letting the original languish with outdated and broken FX, which happens. If an overlay is what brings in the money to update and repair... overlay away!
RnRC fits with the hollywood theming on Sunset. GOTG would not.

Top Bottom