• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

HauntedMansionFLA

I like RnR, not saying I'd love a Guardians overlay, but are we really that attached to Aerosmith? Or just against Marvel? They could do a lot with this coaster.
It seems like it would be a simple overlay with GotG. They change it over to Star Wars during their parties, just change the outside look. But what happens to ToT?

RSoxNo1

Advertisement
Splash at DL and WDW are virtually identical. Only thing missing from the DL version is Brer Frog.
Splash at Disneyland has totally different logs and you get a lot more wet. Add in minor show quality differences and I definitely prefer the Florida version over the DL version.

HMF

Splash at Disneyland has totally different logs and you get a lot more wet. Add in minor show quality differences and I definitely prefer the Florida version over the DL version.
I pretty much like them both equally.

egg

It does.. to their wallet.
I wonder if launch bay will be as "temporal" as the Hat when star wars proves to be so popular..
I think even with Star Wars's immense popularity, it doesn't make sense to operate meet and greets in a random building when they have a huge land to do them in. And they could always do certain meet and greets outside of Star Tours, like maybe Darth Vader, if they determine that he doesn't belong in Star Wars Land (it kills me to even type that... how can they think that way??)

Anyway, I wouldn't be suprised if Launch Bay closes the day Star Wars Land opens, and the building just sits unused for years after that. I would hope that doesn't happen, but it wouldn't be the first time Disney's done that.

Daveeeeed

It's been almost 20 years, but The Rock n' Rollercoaster constantly boasts some of the highest wait times on property. It's still to this day a very good attraction that is iconic, and is not in need of an overhaul.

There are way more attractions that need fixing first.

It could potentially work as a gateway to a future Marvel land, that it could, but it would not really add to the experience at all and would pretty much be a waste of money. The ride only needs minor updates to keep it fresh, but it should stay as a record studio.

Last edited:

HMF

Anyway, I wouldn't be suprised if Launch Bay closes the day Star Wars Land opens, and the building just sits unused for years after that. I would hope that doesn't happen, but it wouldn't be the first time Disney's done that.
Which will make building the Mickey Ride in the Chinese Theater look even more short-sighted and idiotic.

Kman101

It could still be Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. Of course it gets good wait times, it's a coaster - in a park with very little to ride. It's fine as it is and there are far other higher priorities but I wouldn't mind Aerosmith (and I love the music) going away for a more general rock theme with different eras of rock music or different bands/artists being used. I think Guardians is better suited elsewhere.

Dizney Crew

Splash is a totally different ride @ DL then its WDW counterpart, we were shocked at how soaked you get on the West Coast version, I think ours is better themed both inside and out. Honestly I think there 2 totally different rides, seems like the fox critters have a bigger presences out west compared to the bunnies we get in FL.

PiratesoftheHM

It's still to this day a very good attraction that is iconic, and is not in need of an overhaul. There are way more attractions that need fixing first.

It could potentially work as a gateway to a future Marvel land, that it could, but it would not really add to the experience at all and would pretty much be a waste of money. The ride only needs minor updates to keep it fresh.
Sounds like DCA Tower of Terror to me!

Kram Sacul

I love Marvel and they can't shove enough Marvel into the parks for my taste.

Especially when it's versus Aerosmith. Really? People want to die on the nostalgia barricade for Aerosmith? I don't get it.
Aerosmith has a lot of fans and is part of the reason why I enjoy the RNRC a lot. Slapping some cheap overlay onto it just to tie into the latest trendy franchise is just poor and short sighted.

And of course, the overlay needs to be better than what it replaced. Otherwise, that's just like letting the original languish with outdated and broken FX, which happens. If an overlay is what brings in the money to update and repair... overlay away!
No. Stop with the overlay BS and actually build something new. Add to the park, not replace.

matt9112

Alcatraz is the reported code name of one of the brand new E Tickets at Star Wars Experience. Sometimes described as an E Ticket+, it will integrate a host of advanced technologies into the most stunning attraction ever made.

Trackless vehicles. 150 audio animtronics (according to MiceChat). Perfect screen and set integration. Massive scale. Elevators. On board vehicle audio animtronics (a droid like R2-D2).

All on one ride.

The premise is a prison Breakout (hence the Alcatraz name). I imagine we're prisoners or rescuing prisoners and we have to evade fire from legions of First Order Storm Troopers and fight for freedom.

Along the way we'll be meeting two of these bad boys:

They will be shooting at you. In the ride.

This ride should, unless "something goes horribly wrong" (hey, it's Disney ;) ), be the best ride in the world. It's going to be mind blowing and massive.

Though I don't think I can properly hype this ride up with words. You're just going to have to wait until 2019! :D
Man you must be on the payroll.

Kman101

Are we really conditioned now to accept that a change of theme and IP overlay is actually okay? Like it's the norm and should be expected?
They're going to do what they want to do. What does complaining about it accomplish? But yeah, I think you answered your own question. We know what they do and what to expect. I don't like it at all but that's what they're doing. Overlays. Replacements. I want new builds but they aren't doing that. How can we change that? And what does hating everything they do on principle (not saying a lot of what they've done inspires confidence, it doesn't) accomplish? If it got results from them, great. But they ignore petitions and fan complaints and they probably laugh at us and they probably laugh at those who eat up everything they do.

It's just speculation about RnRc and it's just the lesser of some other evils to some if they put Guardians there. I personally could care less if they removed Aerosmith from RnRc. Why would switching them out with different eras of rock be a bad thing? I don't want Guardians going there.

Last edited:

Kman101

What does being a member of this forum accomplish?
What have we done to change anything? I'm not being snarky but serious. What have our endless complaints done? What can they do?

This is a discussion board. (Which I know they read.) It's to discuss and debate and dissect. It doesn't always have to be complaining and hating everything they do.

Nothing to say about the rest of my post? Ok ...

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
It's to discuss and debate and dissect.
Which is what we do. If we don't like something we say so. As part of the discussion.

To be honest for a lot of people it seems there's not been much that they've done that deserves much praise for a long time now.

The reasons why people are so passionate about what they dislike has been discussed ad nauseum.

If you don't like the complaining part of a discussion you can always skip past it. With respect.

Kman101

Which is what we do. If we don't like something we say so. As part of the discussion.

To be honest for a lot of people it seems there's not been much that they've done that deserves much praise for a long time now.

The reasons why people are so passionate about what they dislike has been discussed ad nauseum.

If you don't like the complaining part of a discussion you can always skip past it. With respect.
It's not really about the complaining. I do skip past a lot of it. And I complain as well. You're sort of missing my point in mentioning that, with all due respect.

I've asked you what we can do and you aren't really answering that. I'm all for changing the mindset but they don't listen to us, even you acknowledge that. So what does complaining accomplish? I'm not being snarky or saying I don't think the complaints are valid. You have read most of my posts, no?

So tell me what can be done, constructively, to change the mindset that they have.

And answer me please, what does complaining and hating what they do on principle solve or accomplish? It doesn't. It's not about not having an opinion, I'm the first one to remind people this is a discussion board and opinions widely vary ...

And also knowing things like you do and knowing what could be and what it won't be, maybe isn't always the best.

I'm disappointed too but I'm not going to protest certain things out of spite or on principle unless I knew it accomplished something. So again, please tell me how we can do something about it.

Top Bottom