News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

HMF

I know what it is. RNRC is not much more than a fancy coaster with some backlighted props but it's still an awesome ride and it deserves better treatment than a cheap overlay. Disney, Marvel and GOTG fans deserve better than that. Look elsewhere to shove Marvel.
I would rather not have Marvel in the parks at all but if it must go somewhere put in in RnRc.

HMF

Are you saying DL Splash is better? We are doing our first DL trip after Xmas... WDW Splash is my favorite ride on property. If there's a better version at DL, I just got even more excited
Splash at DL and WDW are virtually identical. Only thing missing from the DL version is Brer Frog.

disneygeek90

I actually agree, along with the UK ride and anything else that can absorb people, but that's in Epcot. DHS will need more. The fact is, people are going to be there for Star Wars. They need more rides to absorb those people.
This may have already been discussed, but does the UK ride have any details about it rumored? Style/ theme etc?

PorterRedkey

Splash at DL and WDW are virtually identical. Only thing missing from the DL version is Brer Frog.
There are many more differences than that.

The one being WDW's version is not "open". WDW's has blue sky or other appropriate backgrounds, instead of the see-through backgrounds at DL.

Boat rocks in the last scene and we have Blue bird with Br'er Rabbit too.

Final scene before the lift is difference etc...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know what it is. RNRC is not much more than a fancy coaster with some backlighted props but it's still an awesome ride and it deserves better treatment than a cheap overlay. Disney, Marvel and GOTG fans deserve better than that. Look elsewhere to shove Marvel.

I love Marvel and they can't shove enough Marvel into the parks for my taste.

Especially when it's versus Aerosmith. Really? People want to die on the nostalgia barricade for Aerosmith? I don't get it.

And of course, the overlay needs to be better than what it replaced. Otherwise, that's just like letting the original languish with outdated and broken FX, which happens. If an overlay is what brings in the money to update and repair... overlay away!

FigmentJedi

There are many more differences than that.

The one being WDW's version is not "open". WDW's has blue sky or other appropriate backgrounds, instead of the see-through backgrounds at DL.

Boat rocks in the last scene and we have Blue bird with Br'er Rabbit too.

Final scene before the lift is difference etc...
Disneyland also has a lot more elements that are inherent to how they just recycled the America Sings figures like the random Brer Rabbit on a railway push cart scene or the car full of animals.

HMF

Not really. Disneyland's is faster and more musical, WDW has more story going on in it and has a slower pace to accommodate it.
Yes, but that is discernable only to geeks like us. To the average joe they are pretty similar.

disneylandcm

The area around - and what it may contain - the Tower of Terrifying makeover has had a budget cut.
Hello Marni1971. I live in So Cal and follow DL Resort news. Does this mean the Hollywood/Marvel makeover is being downsized in favor of other projects/attractions? Thank you!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Seems like it. Thankfully.

Projections may go digital instead.
Sounds like whoever's making decisions is vulnerable to going with the latest idea pitched to them. I worked for a manager like that once, and it made daily life h-e-double-good-kellogg's-best-to-you. Terribly hard to get anything done with changing goals and priorities all the time.

rushtest4echo

That's a NO all over the place if you truly know the rides. Besides the obvious different logs (which are a massive plus at WDW) you have:

Different lighting schemes
Different color palettes
Different music/score
Different lift mechanisms
Different blocking mechanisms
Different sound effects/water gags
Different stations/boat storage
Bird Tree/Tree House after B lift on WDW's
Autumn backdrop on DLRs vs Blue Sky backdrops on WDW's
Farmer Rabbit scene on WDW's
Million Dollar Brer Rabbit on WDW's
Totally different scenes before 2nd drop (WDW's has much more characters and theming)
Brer Fox Honey Scene on WDW's
Completely different scenes at base of C lift
Different run out areas

I know on the surface they seem the same, and yes they do share the same layout for the most part. But they're very different- as is Tokyo's (even better version). Since we're debating the nuances of stuff like Mansion and which are better- WDW's Splash is really a massive upgrade to DLR's even on the surface. Underneath, where CM's and maintenance are involved- it's even more different (and much better at WDW). The Splashes are probably more different or at least as different as the Jungle Cruises, the Mansions or the Thunder Mountains.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom