• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

HMF

Advertisement
Many insiders say this will not be happening. To which innumerable people say, "Whew!!!". After seeing the abomination in CA, ruining Florida's ToT would likely push many, many guests to simply stop visiting. Seriously.
I would wait to see how it does in California before I totally conclude it's safe.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Many insiders say this will not be happening. To which innumerable people say, "Whew!!!". After seeing the abomination in CA, ruining Florida's ToT would likely push many, many guests to simply stop visiting. Seriously.
Not many enough for WDW to notice, just like not many enough at Anaheim to notice.

Kamikaze

The difference is that WDW's tower is an iconic attraction. DCA's ... not so much. It was the single attraction that was shared between the two locations that was superior in WDW.

Kman101

Yeah but it's not marketed the way DHS tower is. It wasn't an icon advertised as such. It was part of a park that had a lot more to do. Still doesn't excuse the overlay but if I had to pick one or the other to get an overlay ... (personally I'd choose neither but still ...)

Biff215

My best guess is that it will 'set the table' for the rest of the park. Sort of the way SSE did for EC. Second possibility is that they intend to grow a themed land around it. A good example could be Mission Breakout DCA.
Not sure how a Mickey ride could set the table for a movies-based park any better than GMR, and how would you grow a themed land around the GMR building? That line of thinking only justifies keeping GMR and using Launch Bay for Mickey.

jt04

Not sure how a Mickey ride could set the table for a movies-based park any better than GMR, and how would you grow a themed land around the GMR building? That line of thinking only justifies keeping GMR and using Launch Bay for Mickey.
Watch and see how they develop the area around Mission breakout. Could be similar. Echo lake and Indy have been rumored for removal for years. As could the old sounds dangerous and theater next door. Plenty of space that could be overhauled entirely. A phase 3 has been strongly suggested. All would likely be post 2021.

HMF

Well, it isn't really a Movies-based park as such anymore. It's more Disney's IP Park or even more specifically Iger's Acquisition Park.

Top Bottom