The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Easter dinner. My daughter did an awesome job. We are so full we are having our homemade brownie sundaes later.

View attachment 199827

And her uncle broke his ankle bad and spent most of last night at the hospital so she made a Easter Dinner ToGo tray for my sister and him. She even sent a cup of vanilla ice cream for their brownies and "fancy" paper napkins that have an old lady saying "You're Never Too Old To Eat Cake". :joyfull:

View attachment 199828
She did a wonderful job, along with thinking about other's. She gets two gold stars on her crown!:happy::happy::happy:

betty rose

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. She should be ordering my annual cholesterol test. Probably not so great, since I ate a lot of hardboiled eggs, and rich food the last few days. My cholesterol is borderline high, but I refuse to take medication. That stuff scares me with all the side effects.
I was told by my Dr. to take that medicine. I refuse too, it's too risky, besides at 69 what's ever is going to get me, will get me. Our days are numbered.:D

betty rose

We all like to eat what we enjoy. There are no rules anymore about what we're "supposed" to serve at holidays. I recall my mother was big on everything being traditional. But I've marched to the beat of a different drummer as the years went by. Sometimes, I find chips and dip to be quite satisfying, regardless of the "occasion"! :joyfull:
Yes, son in law and I went for the turkey route, but I was open. The rest of the family hates turkey, so it will be switched up this year! Yea! We will do a snack day, with playing games and puzzles. So much fun!

betty rose

Good morning! Too many pages to catch up right now. Will try when I get more time. Had a great weekend. We had leftover Moroccan chicken with orange couscous and naan from slow cooker on Easter. Very yummy! Got errands today before tstorms arrive this afternoon. Have a great day everyone! :)
Good luck on catching up, we are a talkative bunch, along with great pictures!

betty rose

Out for me today. I'm getting my stuff packed. Then I start on hubby's. His clothes are bigger and takes up more room in the suitcases. Update on daughter, we are working on cleaning the apartment this week and unpacking the kitchen. Setting boxes in each room. She is on the third floor, no elevator...that will be a challenge. :in pain: I have a back brace for moving heavy things, so I should be good.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Out for me today. I'm getting my stuff packed. Then I start on hubby's. His clothes are bigger and takes up more room in the suitcases. Update on daughter, we are working on cleaning the apartment this week and unpacking the kitchen. Setting boxes in each room. She is on the third floor, no elevator...that will be a challenge. :in pain: I have a back brace for moving heavy things, so I should be good.
I once lived in a third floor walk up and loved it:joyfull: I think it's great for the boys to burn off some energy:joyfull:

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I once lived in a third floor walk up and loved it:joyfull: I think it's great for the boys to burn off some energy:joyfull:
I did too. I was working for a utility and had climbed a 180' transmission tower. I felt pretty good afterwards, but about 7 hours later my leg muscles hurt soooo bad! I got home and had to climb those 3 flights of stairs and oh boy was I in pain. I was using the ornamental brickwork to help pull myself up each stair and all I could think about was that I hope none of my neighbors looked out of their windows cause they would have thought I was stewed to the gills!!! :hilarious: I felt a lot better after a hot bath and some motrin....

MySmallWorldof4

Hope everyone had a great Easter. We went to see a show in Hershey Saturday with family. It was kind of vaudevillish. The show is based in Vegas and he was traveling around the country. He had loads of trained animals from birds to cats. The kids loved it. The adults too. DH also spent part of the weekend building a catio for our cats. Only 2 are fond of it right now.
IMG_0321.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom