The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

It's Whitianga, New Zealand.
need to visit that place too.. the hobbit and LOTR backgrounds are gorgeous D:

have a picture of a Bucerias, Nayarit, Mexico's sunset

Bucerias-Condo-Bucerias-Grand-6C-For-Sale-MLS-7885-photo-no-22.jpg

donaldtoo

He does OK, maybe higher middle income? Not wealthy folks by any means. They are cabin, they call it the castle in Michigan type people. My other cousin is so not wealthy. It was a combo 90th birthday for my Aunt and Uncle and also a Big Anniversary for my Aunt and Uncle too. This was the combo gift for all 3 events. Still ouch! This isn't unsual for my one cousin, he loves food but x16 eeek. I usually don't go but my Mom wanted to and my Mom doesn't drive at night...so off I did go.

A lot of arm twisting, I'm sure...! :D ;)

donaldtoo

Yet, many of those old irons were practically indestructible. My grandmother had one of those big, heavy, metal irons and I can assure you that she used her a lot. It was the only iron she had--never replaced it and I haven't a clue just how old it really was--but I'd guess at least 20 years or more.

Often, appliances that were just basic (without the extra bells and whistles), and built of strong, metal parts, would outlast their newer model counterparts. Reminds me a little of some of those very old Singer sewing machines--with proper oiling, etc., they'd last a few generations! :jawdrop: :)

And, all that quality manufacturing and craftsmanship of mechanical tolerances without the aid of computers and such. Just plain old math (without an electronic calculator) and hand drafting. Amazing...! ;) :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And, all that quality manufacturing and craftsmanship of mechanical tolerances without the aid of computers and such. Just plain old math (without an electronic calculator) and hand drafting. Amazing...! ;) :)

Yes, excellent points. I will say, however, that the drawback to those old (indestructible) irons was the weight. Not that I iron much these days with all the permanent press fabrics used in most clothing now; but when I do iron, the lighter weight iron makes it less of a chore.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yes, excellent points. I will say, however, that the drawback to those old (indestructible) irons was the weight. Not that I iron much these days with all the permanent press fabrics used in most clothing now; but when I do iron, the lighter weight iron makes it less of a chore.
My iron is heavy by today's standards but it seems to make quick work of ironing:joyfull: It may be just me but I find the lighter ones don't get quite hot enough

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom