The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

BAChicagoGal

My doctor visit went well. I usually get my cholesterol test results back in about a week. My blood pressure was good. Better than my visit about a month ago, when I had a very sore leg from shoveling the late snow that we had here in Chicago. Doctor said, that since I was in pain, it wasn't unusual that my blood pressure was elevated. Sometime I have to pinch myself to believe that I am going on 70 soon. I didn't mind being 50, 60 didn't make me too happy, but 70 has me uneasy. I did have a Shingles shot today, and a pneumonia shot is scheduled for a month from now.

StarWarsGirl

Think 40 mpg:joyfull:
I know! It would be nice. Might go give it another look when I go pick up my car. Buick encore. Interior leather, powered seats (which is essential for me, being so short)...and the asking price was ridiculously low.

My mom said to me today, "Oh, well, be smart about a new car. Save your money, and in a few years..." Um, years Mom? It's funny she thinks this car, which has 140,000 miles on it and has something wrong every other month, will last years. Uh huh. I've already gotten a GM card so that I can start charging to it and apply the cash back towards a new car when I'm ready.

betty rose

There was a guy at the firm years ago that used to doze off during work hours. He was warned a few times, and then they let him go.
It was probably no medical problem either, because he was a bit of a partier. The firm actually started to give him some contract work outside the office at one point again as a kind gesture, because he was good at what he did, but, it didn't last very long, because he was falling way behind on deadlines. :cyclops:
Luckily, we have an hour for lunch, and can nap all we want, then...! :D ;) :)
I would opt for the food, no naps, when food is around!:hungry::hungry::hungry:

betty rose

It was a wondrous day today. Low 80's-April! I bought a couple of Pansy flats and a few other lettuce, cabbagie things. Most of the planters in yard planted. Got about half the way through the front of the property and an old friend visiting her DD drove past my house-we seem never to get together....she started picking up all my gardening stuff and tossing them out of view behind my picket fence and said get in the car we are going out tonite.

Such fun, good wine, good food and lots of catching up. I never eat out doors and we did. No bugs, no birds, warm temps. Nothing like being unexpectedly kidnapped from your front lawn.
Great way to spend your time, outside!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom