The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Oooh, Carnation Cafe. I had that too. :)

From the photo she posted, that looks like a pretty place.

Yes the Carnation Cafe is fantastic! I haven't had a bad meal there. As starwarsgirl said Oscar is a legend there and he is a sweet man to meet. I think he only works mornings though, I've never seen him at lunch or dinner.

The chicken is also really good there, but I wanted something a little more gooey.

MySmallWorldof4

Yes the Carnation Cafe is fantastic! I haven't had a bad meal there. As starwarsgirl said Oscar is a legend there and he is a sweet man to meet. I think he only works mornings though, I've never seen him at lunch or dinner.

The chicken is also really good there, but I wanted something a little more gooey.
Are restaurants better in DL or WDW in your opinion?

donaldtoo

The daughter of a friend of mine is going to WDW with her (school) singing group around Easter. Luckily, they won't be in the MK on Easter. I asked her mother where they were going on Easter, and she told me they're going to Disney Springs. She said, "I don't think the Disney Springs Park would be as crowded as Magic Kingdom." ;) I explained to her that it's a shopping/restaurant/movie theater destination--not a park! :p

:hilarious: :oops: ;) :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Hope everyone had a great Easter. We went to see a show in Hershey Saturday with family. It was kind of vaudevillish. The show is based in Vegas and he was traveling around the country. He had loads of trained animals from birds to cats. The kids loved it. The adults too. DH also spent part of the weekend building a catio for our cats. Only 2 are fond of it right now.
View attachment 199943

Only 2 cats are fond of the catio? Begs the question. How many cats are there?

BAChicagoGal

I was told by my Dr. to take that medicine. I refuse too, it's too risky, besides at 69 what's ever is going to get me, will get me. Our days are numbered.:D

You think like me. My diet isn't that bad. I don't smoke or drink, so that's a plus. Sure I should lose some weight, but gotta have some enjoyment in life. I actually don't eat that much. My husband eats twice the food I eat at a meal in 1/2 the time it takes me. He's always waiting for me to get full.

donaldtoo

By us, I think it is just trying to pay the tax bill on all of that property, when you can only be open maybe half the year. And some years, October is pushing it.

Oh yes, definitely has to be a factor in colder climates.
Maybe that's what still helps keep some of them alive these days...it's a niche market now and they're usually the only drive-in game in town, if not in the area.
There is one close to Houston on our drive there. On a trip to Houston back in late Dec. of '15 we drove buy it at dusk with "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" playing, and it was packed. Drove buy it another time before that (can't remember what movie was playin') and it was still pretty packed. :)

donaldtoo

And since we are talking about Up, I still haven't made it past the first, what is it, 10 Minutes. It turns me into a big sobbing mess. As a matter of fact the last time I tried to watch it, I decided no more watching things that I know are going to make me cry. Despite many of my peers telling me I have to watch This is Us, I will never watch it. It sounds like all it does is make you cry buckets. No thank you!

Not familiar with This is Us, but, I loved Up when I first saw it at the theater, and still do after the few times I've seen it on TV. I may have gotten a little misty the first time I saw it (I honestly don't remember :cyclops:), but, to me anyway, it was actually pretty life-affirming...short version, Carl finally learns to move on, as Ellie would have wanted him too do. :)

donaldtoo

There have not been too many Disney movies lately(like past 20 something years) that have not made me cry. I remember watching Inside Out and was fine until a sentimental scene and started crying. I was thinking, "Well thanks Disney, you did it again. ":rolleyes:

The only Disney movie in the past 20 years I remember gettin' to me pretty good was Remember the Titans.
Beyond that, the one non-Disney movie that always gets to me is Field of Dreams. And, it's only the part at the end when he asks his dad if he wants to have a catch. :cyclops:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom