Tearful moments in Disney films

3IAlienKid

3) In Beauty and the Beast when the Beast tells the servants he had to let Belle go because he loves her.
4) The last scene of Monsters Inc. when Sully peers through the door and realizes he has stepped back into Boo's room.
5) The opening scene of Finding Nemo when Nemo's mother dies.
6) The scene in Tarzan where Kala takes Tarzan to the abandoned treehouse and says goodbye.
7) The scene in Lilo and Stitch when Lilo and Nani share a difficult last night together before Lilo is taken into protective custody by Cobra.

yankspy

Some sad moments that have not been mentioned are "Lady and the Tramp" when Trusty gets run over, "Snow White" at her funeral and all the dwarf's are mourning, and "Pinnochio" when he drowns. Do they still have that montage movie of sad scenes at the "Art of Disney Animation" attraction? I remember this because I used to laugh at my sister and my Mother because they couldn't even make it half way through that without turning on the waterworks.

CBug88

Def one of the saddests moments for me is in Old Yeller- I still get teary eyed at that movie.:cry: Also in Lion King when Mufasa dies, Lady and the Tramp when Trusty gets hit and Toy Story 2

I have a few for me.

The "Feed the Birds" Scene in Mary Poppins always makes me teary. Not of sadness, but uh.........actually I'm not sure why:lol:

The end of The Little Mermaid where Ariel says goodbye to Triton.

In Monsters Inc.....where Sully says goodbye to Boo.......and at the end where Sully opens the door to Boo's room and sees her

And of course when watching "Walt - The Man Behind the Myth"

DisneyGigi

Mine has to be in the "Fox & the Hound" film. Its the part of the film where the old widow drives the fox out to the forest to leave him there for his own safety. During the journey she is speaking out the words of a poem which I think is titled "Best Friends" or something on them lines. When they arrive in the forest, the fox is let out of the car and thinks he is there to play. Then the widow returns to the car and leaves the fox behind. That final scene when the fox looks at the widow and then realises what is happening, to me is far far worse than Bambi, Lion King and any other Disney film I have seen.

I agree!! I cry soo hard every time. Coming in second would be Monsters Inc. The scene that someone else mentioned, the part where she says "kitty" kills me! :cry:

pluto77

Mine has to be in the "Fox & the Hound" film. Its the part of the film where the old widow drives the fox out to the forest to leave him there for his own safety. During the journey she is speaking out the words of a poem which I think is titled "Best Friends" or something on them lines. When they arrive in the forest, the fox is let out of the car and thinks he is there to play. Then the widow returns to the car and leaves the fox behind. That final scene when the fox looks at the widow and then realises what is happening, to me is far far worse than Bambi, Lion King and any other Disney film I have seen.
I agree with this one too. I was getting sad just reading you description of it! Fox and the Hound might be the only Disney animated movie where the ending isn't really that happy. Sure Todd and Copper make up their friendship, but they have to be separated forever.

I agree with the Lilo and Stitch one too where Lilo and her sister are outside on the hammock the night before Lilo is supposed to be taken away. Of course the baby mine part in Dumbo is a sad moment too. Dumbo is kind of a depressing movie, except for the ending.

MousDad

Here's a challenge: Think of a Disney animated that does not have (to some degree) a sad/tear-jerking scene in it. I think it must be a requirement.

dandaman

Sooo... just watched Mary Poppins for the first time last night... :lookaroun

My tearful moment would perhaps be when Mr. Bank's cold heart becomes defrosted towards the end. :D

KingStefan

This?

We met it seems
Such a short time ago
You looked at me
Needing me so
Yet from your sadness
Our happiness grew
And I found out
I need you too
I remember how we used to play
I recall those rainy days
The fire’s glow
That kept us warm
And now I find
We’re both alone
Goodbye may seem forever
farewell is like the end
but in my heart's
the memory
and there you'll always be.

anamcara87

Maybe it's just me, but the opening segment of 'Pinocchio' where Jiminy Cricket (played by Cliff Edwards) sings 'When You Wish Upon A Star' gets me every time. I have such an emotional attachment to this song, and this is probably the most beautiful rendition ever captured.

Taylor Lange

When Simba finds Mufasa's corpse, when Shadow comes over the hill and sees Peter, when Bambi's Mother dies, when Buddy comes out of the bushes to eat the pudding that Josh left for him because he's been abused and starved.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I agree with some of the previous posters...Homeward Bound, Toy Story 2 and 3, Monsters Inc, and add in Eight Below. The absolutely biggest crying fit I have had however was watching Frankenweenie. Saw it once, never again. Can't do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom