The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

DocMcHulk

Similar to FJ, but with...you know...Van Helsing fighting monsters. Fortunately, in hindsight, the movie wasn't a hit. Otherwise that plot of land would be occupied by Hugh Jackman and Kate Beckinsale.
(Well...a Beckinsale AA might've been ok...)
She must be clad in skin tight leather, or I'm not in on that idea....

lebeau

Aren't you the one who's paying 5k for 4 nights at WDW??:eek::eek: Because you think it would cost the same if you stayed off property?? :eek::eek: And you've never ever even been to WDW?? You should probably wait until you actually go before you comment about others.

It could be really interesting to hear her thoughts AFTER she visits WDW in July. I wonder if she will even come back to tell us how it went.

DocMcHulk

Um ... WDI already did. You've been there. TDS ring a bell? Or even DLP when it was new. Or EPCOT Center in the 80s.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for Diagon Alley. It appears to be the smash that most of us predicted, but unbridled enthusiasm is dangerous. It's not like UNI can do no wrong (I'd argue and have that Kong isn't what should be coming next) and there was a time when it seemed like Disney could do no wrong too, and it didn't last.

Cars Land and Buena Vista Street are certainly on par with Potter 1.0. Have no idea how much the bar was raised with 2.0, but look forward to finding out soon!
From what I have seen, I'd like to add Mystic Manor to this list of great recent Disney attractions.

Last edited:

jt04

BTW, I have never worked for a themed entertainment company per se, but a part of me is thinking it might be time to actually get into that end of the media business. I like parks and resorts. I know the business. And I get old and angry watching incompetents do incompetent jobs

:bookworm:

o_O

:confused:

:cautious:

:facepalm:

:banghead:

:in pain:

:cry:

:bawling:

:depressed:

:hungover:

OK, I have been through all the stages now. Moving to Tibet.

71jason

I don't know if this is the correct thread, but I wanted to share it somewhere. I was at the MK yesterday afternoon, right after lunch time (between 1-2) and Haunted Mansion had a 105 minute wait! :eek::eek: To be fair, MK felt very crowded yesterday; but still 105 for a ride that is constantly moving? Give me a break!

EPCOT was surprisingly empty yesterday--lightest crowd I can remember in years--but Spaceship Earth still had a 40-minute wait.

PhotoDave219

How is Uni going to deal with ticketing for Potter? Will you have to have a dual park ticket to go between the Potter lands?

Yes. Thats correct. Details inside....

So this is how it works. You walk into Kings Cross or Hogsmeade station and as you do, you reach a set of turnstiles much like the front gate. You have your ticket scanned and go into the station. If you dont have a two-park ticket, upgrade kiosks will be available. Then you go into the queue for the ride and voila.

PhotoDave219

seascape

Yes it will require a hopper. It's a brilliant item to maximize space and make sure people experience all the parks.
It's a brilliant way to take people money and buy a 2 day park to park ticket rather than a 2 day ticket, one day in each park. It's a rip off and everyone knows it. Just like the Disney land 2 park ticket. You can't see everything in both parks in a day, you need 2 days at Universal and probably more than 2 days at DLR. Both companies are ripping off the customers with these tickets but Universal is worse because the only way to ride HE is with a park to park ticket.

Rodan75

If that is the case, then not only is my highly-placed source wrong (which I find very unlikely) ... but the fact that Fallon went from lots of coverage of Potter 2.0 to very little was always the plan. It was great for the entire resort, but it sure seemed like they backed off the Potter coverage (which was the only reason the show was there to start with), and other folks mentioned this to me and found it odd and wondered if it was that ''the land and attractions weren't ready for late night.''

If you guys are right and there was a threat to file a complaint or lawsuit, then all UNI had to do was create a 'blue dollar' transaction to pay for the advertising. The company affiliate rules should have already been in place, unless of course if UNI wasn't paying for all of the 'bugs' they've used on NBC over the last few months.

If UNI hasn't been paying for advertising at all on NBC then that is a problem that really could get them in legal hot water.

So what are the facts here? Is Comcast playing fast and loose with ad revenue? If they weren't then the 'Disney Threat' would have been empty.

Cesar R M

The ordering of food can be done at BOG for lunch with fast pass. What's wrong with that? If you do it, your food is at your table right after you sit down. Lots of restaurants are using an automated ordering system now, why should you have to wait till your inside the restaurant to do that? Again no one has to order in advance but why do you want to make me waste my time? Is it that you know best for everyone else and everyone has to do things the way you want? Let me take advantage of technology and enjoy my vacation the way I want.

Last time I seen, you're supposed to sit down in a restaurant, enjoy the atmosphere and service, enjoy the setting and have a relaxing moment to enjoy the food. (more specifically to restaurants like BOG so you can enjoy the theming and details)
That is the supposed way to go for a sit down restaurant.

If I wanted a restaurant where you had just chunk the food as fast you could and then be gone your way.. I would have gone to McDonalds.

Long ago, Disney charged off-property guests for transportation. There's absolutely no way that would fly in today's society.
They are charging nobody who attends the hotels and the parks.. since everyone who has tickets or hotel stay will get a magicband.. you forgot?
the plan is to weed out those who only ride the boats/monorails/buses but never planned to stay or visit the parks (aka the freeloaders).

GiveMeTheMusic

It's a brilliant way to take people money and buy a 2 day park to park ticket rather than a 2 day ticket, one day in each park. It's a rip off and everyone knows it. Just like the Disney land 2 park ticket. You can't see everything in both parks in a day, you need 2 days at Universal and probably more than 2 days at DLR. Both companies are ripping off the customers with these tickets but Universal is worse because the only way to ride HE is with a park to park ticket.

If you can't see both Uni parks in one day, you're not trying hard enough. I could easily take 2-3 days at Uni, but if need be, I can absolutely hit the highlights in one day, and if I'm feelin' like a high roller, purchasing Express would let me hit all the rides more than once.

Park hopper tickets are NOT a rip-off, not at Uni, and not at DLR. Some people don't want/need to see every ride in both parks - some people have favorites in each, and only a day to spend. Now a one day park hopper at WDW - that's a rip-off. Lose an hour, sometimes two moving between parks - can kill your day, especially for someone with limited time.

Uni found a way to incentivize park hopping. It's not a rip-off if people WANT it, and people WANT to see all the Harry Potter attractions in both parks. Uni's Potter strategy is unbelievably brilliant. You can bet your if Disney found a way to incentivize a ticket upsell they'd do it.

What's hilarious is that they think they have. MagicBands, only $12.95 on top of your $99 1 day ticket! And what does it get you? Um, well...uh...the convenience of having a wristband! And you can pay more to stick rubber character faces on it! It's AMAZING!

At least Uni's upsell incentive is an honest-to-God attraction, not some useless tan-line causing dongle.

EDIT: Plus, the two-park Potter experience supports the story. It puts distance between Hogwarts and London, just like in the movies. It's so insanely brilliant. It's the kind of thing I believe Walt would have championed - a premium immersive experience delivered just like the story demands. It tells a story in a way that NFL could never hope to, and never aspired to - it's a whole new level.

Last edited:

seascape

Last time I seen, you're supposed to sit down in a restaurant, enjoy the atmosphere and service, enjoy the setting and have a relaxing moment to enjoy the food. (more specifically to restaurants like BOG so you can enjoy the theming and details)
That is the supposed way to go for a sit down restaurant.

If I wanted a restaurant where you had just chunk the food as fast you could and then be gone your way.. I would have gone to McDonalds.

They are charging nobody who attends the hotels and the parks.. since everyone who has tickets or hotel stay will get a magicband.. you forgot?
the plan is to weed out those who only ride the boats/monorails/buses but never planned to stay or visit the parks (aka the freeloaders).
So you think I should be excluded from anything other than fast food because I want to use technology that saves me time? How nice of you to feel that everyone has to live and eat the way you say. Must be nice to be so powerful and controlling of others. I think everyone should be free to use technology to save time, you obviously don't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom