What is the funniest thing you overheard another guest say in WDW?

This is a long story, so I'll shorten it down for you.
Back in 2006 we were dining in Chef de France and as the tables are very close I heard a couple talking. Now imagine a happy couple holding hands and laughing!
Guess what they were talking about, HER HUSBAND "who was back at the hotel room with her kids and her mother" and HIS WIFE!!!!
My face was just like this for the whole meal:eek::eek::eek::eek:!!!

painter26

This has to have happened 25 years ago now. My wife and I were staying at the Hilton near Downtown Disney area. We were waiting for the valet to bring our car up. There was another couple ahead of us. As a white sedan pulls up, the wife ( I assume) turns to her husband and says, in all seriousness, "But honey, our car is brown." He gives her a look that only a spouse can give and says nothing. To this day, out of the clear blue, one of us will say to the other "but honey, our car is brown."

Dragonrider1227

I haven't heard any, but my mom has a couple. She told me that;
On Tower of Terror, just before the elevator dropped, she heard this SUPERBLY overly polite british boy say "Is it alright mother if I scream if I am TRULY terrified?" We found the downright stereotypical sound boy to be hilarious.
She also tells me that she once overheard some rich snobby woman staying at one of the deluxe resorts that she would "never stay at the VALUE resorts because they don't have coffee pots in the rooms." As big fans of these VALUE resorts, we laughed at this so much and she has become our person symbol of "Rich snob." :lol:

Ziffell

Back in 2006 we were dining in Chef de France and as the tables are very close I heard a couple talking. Now imagine a happy couple holding hands and laughing!
Guess what they were talking about, HER HUSBAND "who was back at the hotel room with her kids and her mother" and HIS WIFE!!!!

My guess is they were probably messing with you. Maybe not you specifically, but that's the sort of thing people do sometimes just to see how other people react.

wdwwdeagle

My guess is they were probably messing with you. Maybe not you specifically, but that's the sort of thing people do sometimes just to see how other people react.
Um, guilty.....
I haven't done this sort of thing in years, and not with Mr. Eagle as an accomplice, but my BFF and I used to mess with people just by making up crazy stories (when we were teens/college age) if we knew someone was eavesdropping on our conversation in a restaurant, mall, waiting for a movie to start, etc. Evil fun! mwah-hah-hah-hah-hah!

BTW: I thought the same thing as you when I saw the post about the "affair" -- probably just goofing with the other patrons.

minnie2000

for those of you so very about calling things by the wrong name...just skip this post.:rolleyes:

When my son was about 5 we went to Epcot, he called it Epircot..like Apricot. We cracked up, his sister corrected him, he knows the correct pronunciation. He's 9 now and we all still call it Epircot, it's our family joke.:p

My daughter called it that too!

sublimesting

Um, guilty.....
I haven't done this sort of thing in years, and not with Mr. Eagle as an accomplice, but my BFF and I used to mess with people just by making up crazy stories (when we were teens/college age) if we knew someone was eavesdropping on our conversation in a restaurant, mall, waiting for a movie to start, etc. Evil fun! mwah-hah-hah-hah-hah!

BTW: I thought the same thing as you when I saw the post about the "affair" -- probably just goofing with the other patrons.

Oh, I love doing that! Even justy in snippets as you pass people "....so then Dan goes and eats 172 cubes of cheese, I mean he knew we were having a party I don't just buy cheese platters for no reason...."

I don't think they were messing because they didn't even notice me!!!!!
I hope they were, for their husbands and wives sake:eek:!!!!
But you had to be there, my brother and I were just staring at them for the whole meal!!!

slappy magoo

I'll tell you all this much for free, when I go to WDW, I'll tell my wife Disney-themed lies ALLLLL throughout the trip. Usually she doesn't fall for them...anymore. Once in a while though I'll get her, and if you overhear me and believe me, I take no responsibility for your actions.

But often my lies are fake-science based, because my wife is a science teacher, and I like to play ignorant with her, as if I know more than she does.

(Waiting on line for ToT)

Me: You know, if you throw a nickel out of the Tower at the top of the ride, so it goes outside of the tower, the turbulence from the drop will suck it back in, boomerang style, and if you miss catching it, it'll dent your head.

Wife: That's impossible.

Me: (sighing) OK, let me tell you how gravity and turbulence and vacuums work, so you don't embarrass yourself in front of your poor, poor students...

(NOT Science related, but while waiting on line for IaSW)

Me: You know, every day they take a different "robot" out and replace it with an actual child. Your job: Find him!

Wife: What do I get if I do?

Me: Deep muscle massage by Goofy (sotto voce) He knows how to do things I dare not describe here...OW (shortly after getting an elbow in the ribs)

(at the preshow for RnRC, when Steven Tyler does the "shocker" and I laugh out loud)

Wife: Why are you laughing? What does that mean?

Me: Oh, well, you know how Carol Burnett used to tug on her ear at the end of every show to let her grandmother know she was OK? Same deal, except Steven Tyler's doing it to his parole officer.

(At an extremely well-lit parade float at night, next to a father whose child is on his shoulders)

Me: You know, those are special X-Ray lights. If you put a kid right up to the lights you can see what he had for dinner.

Kid: (overhearing me, as was my plan) Bring me close Daddy! Put me on the lights!

Also, put me down as one of those people who couldn't give a rat's hinder if someone gets the name of an attraction or restaurant or theme park wrong. Just get *MY* name right when you brag to your friends that you know me.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Last week on POTC, from the bench behind us as we are pulling away from the loading area:

Husband, to wife: "I'm excited to see this, they just re-did this whole ride"

Wife, authoritatively: "No, they DID NOT"

Husband: "Yes, they did, they added Captain Jack Black all over the place"

Dave Disney

My dad and I were on Alien Encounter ( :cry: ) many moons ago and it was just getting to the part where the "maintenance man" was getting ripped to shreds. The water drops (blood) were coming down and a man in front of us jokingly said, "Who had such a sick, twisted mind to come up with this?!" amongst all the screams coming from the audience. He was just so calm among the panicking mass. It was hilarious.

Gosh, I miss that ride..

Alien Encounter was awesome I miss it every time I walk by stupid Stitch! It was so much better on every level!! :wave:

LoriMistress

Last week on POTC, from the bench behind us as we are pulling away from the loading area:

Husband, to wife: "I'm excited to see this, they just re-did this whole ride"

Wife, authoritatively: "No, they DID NOT"

Husband: "Yes, they did, they added Captain Jack Black all over the place"
Ha-ha.

Ziffell

I don't think they were messing because they didn't even notice me!!!!

How do you know? Most people who are on the receiving end of this sort of prank and fall for it probably think the same thing. What is the more likely scenario, that they were messing with you, or that they were discussing their affair in a public place loudly and clearly enough for people sitting nearby to hear them? Think about it. :hammer:

Eyorefan

I have to go with they were messing with you. I'm sorry, but just think about how stupid their spouses would have to be in that situation.

"You all just stay here while the two of us go out for dinner by ourselves for absoulutly no reason." :rolleyes:

wickedsoccer22

Walking into Animal Kingdom about a year ago, a guy who was coming upon the bridge just before the Tree of Life stopped, looked lovingly at his family and said, "My gosh, it's amazing how that tree grew like that" and he was dead serious - but it was actually a very sweet moment - seeing a first-timer amazed at the things Disney does.

I heard a similar situation in which a guy was claiming the tree was a California Redwood. :brick:

Cosmic Commando

This is from Disneyland, but hopefully I can get partial credit: I was waiting to get into DCA yesterday when the Indiana Jones music comes on as part of the background loop. Woman behind me says, "Wow. They're already playing the Star Wars music since they just bought them." :rolleyes:

MKCP 1985

waiting in queue for Space Mountain - group discussion nearby: "I just can't tell - is Goofy a dog, or a horse?" with ensuing debate. Hardly noticed the wait time with the discussion so lively.

that one has stuck with us for over a decade now.

Sloan

Last week in the FastPass queue for Kilimanjaro Safari - very hyper and energetic little kid (estimating 5-6 years old maximum) jumping around, swinging from railings, etc., says to no-one in particular (but loudly) ....

"Down with the Man, man! The system is broke!!" [sic]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom