What is the funniest thing you overheard another guest say in WDW?

Ziffell

To be clear, the first guy was standing there, right infront of a sign that read "SPACE MOUNTAIN" So I thought he was clueless, not about if it had music or not, also, he was holding an open map.:ROFLOL:

Wow, interesting how additional details are suddenly coming out that you didn't initially mention, but they just happen to be details that make the guy seem more clueless. Seems like you would have mentioned that in the first place if it were indeed factual. :lol:

Eyorefan

One of the funniest things happened within my own family. My family ,which included my mom, dad, sister, grandma, and uncle, were walking out of Epcot one afternoon. I believe we were walking from world showcase exiting on the walkway that brings you close to the imagination pavillion. Well since my grandma and uncle are older people they told us to walk ahead they were going to take there time and they would meet up with us. We agreed and were on our way. Time and time went on and still no sign of them so we called their cell phone. We found them lost over by test track because they couldn't find Spaceship Earth. They said they lost the ball and didn't know where to go:ROFLOL:.....hahaha we laughed for the rest of the trip about that one..How can you not find spaceship earth lol

That is aswesome. I can see my mom doing something like that... LOL.

Wow, interesting how additional details are suddenly coming out that you didn't initially mention, but they just happen to be details that make the guy seem more clueless. Seems like you would have mentioned that in the first place if it were indeed factual. :lol:
Well, I did say I was waiting for my husband and kids to get off of Space, so I assumed that anyone reading would have understood that I was near it. Clearly I will just have to start writing as though I am speaking to a 1 year old, and include every detail, so as not to confuse anyone!!!:ROFLOL::lol:

steener618

One time after Illuminations. I overhead a woman chastening her husband because he made her sit through ROE, claiming that it wasnt a real fireworks display but just a stupid ball with a bunch of lights and flares.

LoriMistress

One time after Illuminations. I overhead a woman chastening her husband because he made her sit through ROE, claiming that it wasnt a real fireworks display but just a stupid ball with a bunch of lights and flares.

:ROFLOL: Women, they think they're people. (This is a joke, BTW).

Neverland

One of my favorites was in the queue for Soarin'. A friend and I were in the holding area just before you get on the ride. The loop that lists all the destinations in the movie was running on the screens, and a little boy in front of us was sounding out each and every location with what sounded like a very heavy Brazilian accent. So every few seconds it was "PaLm Spreengs!" (Palm Springs), "Nahpah Vah-yee!" (Napa Valley), etc. But the best was "Laki Ta-ho-ay!" (Lake Tahoe) :ROFLOL:

loveofamouse

Well, I also call all my kids my babies, even though my daughter is almost 8, and my sons are 6 and 2, why can't you lighten up a little!! I can see where you are coming from, but it makes it seem that if people do not call it what you think it should be called they are stupid, and do not know how to keep their children safe. But just because I call it a babyseat, does not mean I do not know how to use them!!!

Im not sure where you got off that it was a rant. Maybe you should read it again. I was answering YOUR question. Neither did I imply that those that call it a baby seat were stupid and using it wrong. I stated why I, ME, MYSELF do not like the term, just as I was asked. And it's not what I "think" it should be called. It is the proper name for them. They are car seats. Child restraints. And as I stated, the USE of the phrase can cause OTHERS to misinterpret the use of the seat. And being that 89% of carseats are installed or not used properly, there's a good chance you are included in the possibility. But, hey! Lighten up a little. Don't take everything so personal. :)

Im not sure where you got off that it was a rant. Maybe you should read it again. I was answering YOUR question. Neither did I imply that those that call it a baby seat were stupid and using it wrong. I stated why I, ME, MYSELF do not like the term, just as I was asked. And it's not what I "think" it should be called. It is the proper name for them. They are car seats. Child restraints. And as I stated, the USE of the phrase can cause OTHERS to misinterpret the use of the seat. And being that 89% of carseats are installed or not used properly, there's a good chance you are included in the possibility. But, hey! Lighten up a little. Don't take everything so personal. :)
I am the mother of 3 and have been putting them in "child restraints" for almost 8 years, so, yeah, pretty sure I know how to use them!!!! So, LIGHTEN UP, and get off your high horse!!! :animwink:

p.s. have a lovely day!!!!

LoriMistress

normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg

Let's knock off the hissy-fit, and let's get back to the topic.

CamiLyn227

Several years ago I was at MK getting ready to get on TTA when I heard a dad say to his son, "you are going to have fun on this vacation whether you like it or not!"

LyssaPooh

Walking into Animal Kingdom about a year ago, a guy who was coming upon the bridge just before the Tree of Life stopped, looked lovingly at his family and said, "My gosh, it's amazing how that tree grew like that" and he was dead serious - but it was actually a very sweet moment - seeing a first-timer amazed at the things Disney does.

Ziffell

Well, I did say I was waiting for my husband and kids to get off of Space, so I assumed that anyone reading would have understood that I was near it. Clearly I will just have to start writing as though I am speaking to a 1 year old, and include every detail, so as not to confuse anyone!!!:ROFLOL::lol:

You said you were waiting for them to get off the ride. That doesn't mean "right in front of the sign" (you could have been waiting in a gift shop or on a bench or something). Nor does it imply anything about the "open map". Clearly you added these details to make your story seem more credible and humorous. It doesn't take a "1 year old" to figure out that you would have included them in the first place if they were true.

Book Belle

One night I was coming out of the Haunted Manison and a group of 3 or 4 teenagers were yelling "LEOTA" at the Mansion. When I asked what they were doing, they informed me that if you yelled "Leota" 3 times, her shadow would appear in the window. They were so excited about seeing a real ghost I didn't have the heart to tell them that the shadows in the window are timed to appear every 7-10 minutes.

Ziffell

One night I was coming out of the Haunted Manison and a group of 3 or 4 teenagers were yelling "LEOTA" at the Mansion. When I asked what they were doing, they informed me that if you yelled "Leota" 3 times, her shadow would appear in the window. They were so excited about seeing a real ghost I didn't have the heart to tell them that the shadows in the window are timed to appear every 7-10 minutes.

That's cool! I never knew that. Which window is it, and does anyone have video of it? I know about the "candle" that goes from window to window in the DL Haunted Mansion (can't remember if the MK version has that too), but I didn't know about the shadow in the window. Anyone have more info on this?

You said you were waiting for them to get off the ride. That doesn't mean "right in front of the sign" (you could have been waiting in a gift shop or on a bench or something). Nor does it imply anything about the "open map". Clearly you added these details to make your story seem more credible and humorous. It doesn't take a "1 year old" to figure out that you would have included them in the first place if they were true.

Whatever, I am done with you, if you really want to get all nitpicky do it with someone else. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom