Ever had anything stolen from your room?

L Fisher

Never...We've always empty out our pockets at night and put the left over change or dollars in a plastic cup on our table and no one has ever taken them..Big items jewlery, big bills, tc are kept in safe..

Upvote 0

Kadee

Never...We've always empty out our pockets at night and put the left over change or dollars in a plastic cup on our table and no one has ever taken them..Big items jewlery, big bills, tc are kept in safe..

no we have not and considering we had poratable dvd players & laptops and big items that would not fit in the safe.

Same for us - laptops, change from previous day and all sorts of other stuff laying around and NEVER touched by mousekeeping.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We have never had any thing stolen. We did accidentally steal an entire bag of towels once though so if something comes up missing I guess that will make me and the mouse even.

Regarding the travelers checks vs cash....Why not just use a debit card put on your room key or just a debit card if you are staying off property. As a rule I carry about $100 cash for an entire trip and quite often have about $80 of it left. About the only place you can not use a CC are some of the traveling carts at the parades and shows.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Never from Disney. We've left things out, and we've had things in safes, but never had any problems. I have a lot of trust there.

I did have my ipod stolen out of my room in NYC though. And as a kid, my stuffed animals were always getting wrapped up in sheets & disappearing. Kind of traumatic. :(

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

Well not exactly stolen, but kind of yes. The maid threw 3 pairs of shorts and 5 blouses, 2 pairs of capri's and underware away 5 days into our trip. I had them folded in the bathroom on top of a turned upside down trash basket so that I could take them to the laundry that night. The next day when I really searched all the room and the drawers etc, I called housekeeping to report they were gone. Found out the maid was a sub for the one we had had all week on her day off. She vouched for the items as she saw them building each day and saw they were new becasue the tags were in the other wastebasket under the sink. It made me just sick. They finally settled for 250.00 and when I got home and added it up it was over 350.00. But mostly I loved those items or else I would have not bought them to thro them away. I know she didnt throw them out but kept them herself or gave to a family member. I hope that they ahd a meeting with the houskeepers after that about leaving clothing alone no matter what. I could see if they were shoved in a wastebasket but FOLDED UP and nicely... This was last Dec's trip at the ASMusic suites

Upvote 0

PaulTetul

Nope....Ive purposly left canadian "loonies" (our dollar coin) on the bed to see if they would disappear...they were still there....I guess mousekeeping is great!

Upvote 0

MyLittleAngels

Disney stole our luggage once. We checked into CBR, threw our luggage on the bed, and headed out to MK. This was during the "length of stay" pass era, and we wanted to take advantage of every second.

When we returned to the room that night, all of our bags were gone. The room was empty. It was af is we'd never been there. I called the front desk, and asked for the manager. After telling him our stuff was gone, he said, "I think I know what happened here." I said, "Well, would you care to enlighten me?". I can remember this convesation as if it were yesterday. :)

Apparently, a very large, 1000+ group had checked out that morning, and the conceirge came around to collect their luggage. They hit our room twice .. Once before, and after we'd checked in. By the time we complained, our bags were already on an airline, on their way to Oklahoma City. We had no clothes, my meds were gone, our toiletries ... Everything. Thankfully, before heading out, we had stashed our money and IDs and everything in the safe.

Since we were without everything, they opened the store at the resort and let us shop. It was already closed for the night when we returned from the park. We bought everything we might need for that the next two days, being unsure of how long it would take to get our stuff back. PJs, undies, toothpaste and brushes, hairbrushes, a scrunchie for me, clothes for the next day .... Ultimately, we'd spent like $250.

The next day, our luggage was back on the bed when we returned from the park, along with a letter of apology from the hotel. It's still one of our funnier stories that we love to laugh about.

Also, one time my mom left her emerald ring by the sink. She was just sick about it, thinking she'd lost it in the park somewhere. When she returned to the room, there was a lovely little swan washcloth by the sink, with the ring around its neck. I felt it was a nice little way to present the ring and keep it safe while awaiting our return.

Upvote 0

jen2009

Never had anything stolen. When we had our wedding in March and stayed on Disney property, we kept our wedding jewelry in the safe. We had the key, so there was no way anyone could get into it.

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

I have never had anything stolen but I know someone from here has had pringles stolen from Mousekeeping before...:fork:

Once she popped, I guess she could not stop..:shrug:

:lookaroun

*waits for him to show up*

Upvote 0

I_heart_Tigger

Nope....Ive purposly left canadian "loonies" (our dollar coin) on the bed to see if they would disappear...they were still there....I guess mousekeeping is great!

Hey Paul...it's the exchange rate, no one wants our dollars :lol: (though we did have a good short run at par not too long ago)

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

I too was the victim of a hungry Mousekeeper! I had brought a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies in a sealed ziplock bag. It's not the fact that some of the cookies were missing, it was the fact that the bag was left unsealed and ants had gotten to them. Yuck! :( This was before the rooms had refrigerators, so we would put anything like that on the air conditioner unit (Moderate resort.)

Upvote 0

sbkline

I have never had anything stolen but I know someone from here has had pringles stolen from Mousekeeping before...:fork:

:ROFLOL:

It happened not once, but twice. Two days in a row, we came back to find one less can of Pringles. And I know I'll never live that story down. :D:lol:

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

:ROFLOL:

It happened not once, but twice. Two days in a row, we came back to find one less can of Pringles. And I know I'll never live that story down. :D:lol:

When I first read the title of the thread, all I could thing about were those Pringles! :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom