Ever had anything stolen from your room?

L Fisher

Disney stole our luggage once. We checked into CBR, threw our luggage on the bed, and headed out to MK. This was during the "length of stay" pass era, and we wanted to take advantage of every second.

When we returned to the room that night, all of our bags were gone. The room was empty. It was af is we'd never been there. I called the front desk, and asked for the manager. After telling him our stuff was gone, he said, "I think I know what happened here." I said, "Well, would you care to enlighten me?". I can remember this convesation as if it were yesterday. :)

Apparently, a very large, 1000+ group had checked out that morning, and the conceirge came around to collect their luggage. They hit our room twice .. Once before, and after we'd checked in. By the time we complained, our bags were already on an airline, on their way to Oklahoma City. We had no clothes, my meds were gone, our toiletries ... Everything. Thankfully, before heading out, we had stashed our money and IDs and everything in the safe.

Since we were without everything, they opened the store at the resort and let us shop. It was already closed for the night when we returned from the park. We bought everything we might need for that the next two days, being unsure of how long it would take to get our stuff back. PJs, undies, toothpaste and brushes, hairbrushes, a scrunchie for me, clothes for the next day .... Ultimately, we'd spent like $250.

The next day, our luggage was back on the bed when we returned from the park, along with a letter of apology from the hotel. It's still one of our funnier stories that we love to laugh about.

Also, one time my mom left her emerald ring by the sink. She was just sick about it, thinking she'd lost it in the park somewhere. When she returned to the room, there was a lovely little swan washcloth by the sink, with the ring around its neck. I felt it was a nice little way to present the ring and keep it safe while awaiting our return.

I would be so upset/sick to my stomach..Especially with my meds which can not be replaced. It was good that Disney let you buy extra items to have.

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Well not exactly stolen, but kind of yes. The maid threw 3 pairs of shorts and 5 blouses, 2 pairs of capri's and underware away 5 days into our trip. I had them folded in the bathroom on top of a turned upside down trash basket so that I could take them to the laundry that night. The next day when I really searched all the room and the drawers etc, I called housekeeping to report they were gone. Found out the maid was a sub for the one we had had all week on her day off. She vouched for the items as she saw them building each day and saw they were new becasue the tags were in the other wastebasket under the sink. It made me just sick. They finally settled for 250.00 and when I got home and added it up it was over 350.00. But mostly I loved those items or else I would have not bought them to thro them away. I know she didnt throw them out but kept them herself or gave to a family member. I hope that they ahd a meeting with the houskeepers after that about leaving clothing alone no matter what. I could see if they were shoved in a wastebasket but FOLDED UP and nicely... This was last Dec's trip at the ASMusic suites
Though what happened was a terrible thing and I'm sorry it happened to you, this is kind of unfair to say don't you think? It could have been an awful misunderstanding where the mousekeeper was confused. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Jasonflz

No but at the parks my little sister's stroller was (possibly accidently) taken. It looked fairly different than most and had a name tag but it is an easy mistake.

Upvote 0

sbkline

When I first read the title of the thread, all I could thing about were those Pringles! :lol:

:lol::ROFLOL:

You know I love you my honey!:kiss:

:lol: Me too...that is why I had to post it!:lol:

As a victim of Pringle theft, I think we need to add that offense onto the list of unforgiveable crimes at WDW...right up there with pool hopping, mug re-use, using fastpass before or after the window, lying about your kids' ages, and fat people on ECV's. :D

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

As a victim of Pringle theft, I think we need to add that offense onto the list of unforgiveable crimes at WDW...right up there with pool hopping, mug re-use and fat people in ECV's. :D

According to a recently previous thread-Disney doesn't care what we do. :lookaroun:lol:

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Hear ye, hear ye...

By proclamation.

Let it hereby be known to all, that members of this board have our Pringles categorized and inventoried.

Anyone who dares to attempt thievery of our Pringles will have the wrath of this board on their heads.​

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

As a victim of Pringle theft, I think we need to add that offense onto the list of unforgiveable crimes at WDW...right up there with pool hopping, mug re-use, using fastpass before or after the window, lying about your kids' ages, and fat people on ECV's. :D
Can I get a AMEN and a Hallelujah!

You're bad!!!!
Shhhh....I got a rep to protect..;):cool:

:lookaroun
Hear ye, hear ye...

By proclamation.

Let it hereby be known to all, that members of this board have our Pringles categorized and inventoried.

Anyone who dares to attempt thievery of our Pringles will have the wrath of this board on their heads.​
:sohappy:
:lol:

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

Well it is when the head of mousekeeping suggested it and also that they had had trouble with her and that she may have to be let go of. So no, I do not ever accuse someone of something, but she told her manager that she did take them and thought they were trash even tho they were new. So I did not make this up. Even when I went down to the lobby to get the cash the head lady said she admitted it. And I also gave her 10.00 that day for mousekeeping for the 5 of us as I did everyday. I was trying to be nice after all it was Dec and thought they could use the extra, as we had a suite and they did not have to do much each day to pick up after us. I have never had anything ever to happen to us at Disney but this was heart breaking when you buy all new clothes to go and have only 3 outfits left for 6 more days. I got over it, and never ranted to anyone but sorry i told my story here. I won't post again

Upvote 0

AGentlRose

Thankfully, no and I have left my laptop computer on the desk. I did accidentally leave something once, when we checked out but when I got home, I called housekeeping, who forwarded me to Lost and Found. They took my information and within a few weeks, I got a call from Disney that they had my item and would mail it to me. I asked them to hold on to it and I would pick it up because we were returning to the World in another few weeks.

Upvote 0

pcarathers

We have never had anything stolen from the room and we've taken camera's and laptops, etc....nothing was bothered....my nephew's best friend went on our last trip and had a dvd camcorder he took. He and my nephew had gone "exploring" all star sports....he set the bag down while they tossed a football and accidentally forgot it when they came back to the room...as soon as he realized it, they ran back and it was gone....besides the fact that his dvd camcorder was gone, there was a STAR TOURS photo the two of them had taken that was in there and a couple of other things that had their names on them and would do no one any good....they could have at least turned those in to lost and found and just said they found it.....I just like to believe that KARMA comes back in many ways.....and whoever took it knowing it didnt belong to them whether teenager or adult, you would think they would want someone to do the same for them had it been their bag!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
When bringing Pringle's to WDW always bring a lookout.

pringles.jpg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom