Disney looking at using Nintendo DS systems as an interactive guide map?

jmenjes

Ok---my pics and review is coming in a minute---I just have a question----do you have the internet browser for your DS? I found that online the other day and it looks interesting. How well does it work? Is it worth it?

My pics should be done uploading in a few, and I'll be back!

It's fair. You can use the browser for surfing, but at times it can be slow to use (a page with lots of images, for example, really slows down the loading time, but you can turn off the loading of pictures in the options). I'd say for now, the browser is more of a gimmick than a useful item.

I will say that, by looking at the pictures you provided (and thanks for the pics and the information), that Disney looks to have done a pretty nice job with their program and taking advantage of the DS.. That looks very neat to use. Hopefully they'll find a way to just sell the cart for the DS on it's own so we DS owners can try it out on our own systems without having to rent theirs.

WDWFREAK53

Bravo Disney...just taking another step to make the consumer's more informed and better utilize their day in the parks. :sohappy:

NotAZoo

SewIn2Disney thanks for the great review and the pics. My review was nothing compared to yours and am glad someone was smart enough to capture all those pictures.

As for your recommendations I am happy to see we were pretty much dead on with our thoughts. Seeing that gives me hope that Disney will highly consider those items as it is more than just one person providing those type of feedback items.

SewIn2Disney

SewIn2Disney thanks for the great review and the pics. My review was nothing compared to yours and am glad someone was smart enough to capture all those pictures.

As for your recommendations I am happy to see we were pretty much dead on with our thoughts. Seeing that gives me hope that Disney will highly consider those items as it is more than just one person providing those type of feedback items.
Yes, I agree----we did have basically the same thoughts. Especially the character thing---we were travelling with two children under the age of 10, and that could have been a really great feature.

At first I thought that it would be wrong to complain about so many things, but then the more I thought about it, the more I realized that they needed constructive criticizm so they can perfect the software. I just hope they take it all into consideration.

I also forgot to mention----for testing it out, the family that gets chosen gets 4 free photo pass pictures. Not a bad deal for a day in the park!

NotAZoo

I also forgot to mention----for testing it out, the family that gets chosen gets 4 free photo pass pictures. Not a bad deal for a day in the park!

Did you get a Pin as well? I recieved a Limeted Edition Pin and will take a photo of it as it was a nice perk besides the PhotoPass coupons. Just wondering if they continued that as a give away as well?

SewIn2Disney

I wasn't with the family when they returned it, so I don't know. I'll have to ask them! Please do post a pic of the pin---what does it look like?

SonicRuin

awwwwwwww :brick:

Now I am wishing I didn't get my daughter the pink one for christmas! If this happens, I will not want to walk around with a pink DS.

Oh come on, I'm a 37 year old guy and I have a pink one. It's all I could find. The way I see it, a game system does NOT signify my sexuality. Those who think it does have a serious problem. It's a toy. Use the pink one and enjoy what they are capable of.

That being said, this is REALLY cool. Anybody know if it will have any uses away from the parks? Personally I am dying for Disney to come out with an interactive game, much like vmk.com, for the DS or the Wii. You know, so a Thrillville but with Disney.

Woozle

Very nice reviews and pictures! I'm very excited to try this out myself. I was just wondering (to those who have tried the DS out) if you tested the accuracy of the network. For instance, did you stand near a fast pass distribution center to see how long it takes the time change to be processed and return the DS? I was just curious on how fast the network was working.

SewIn2Disney

We didn't, but it always seemed fairly accurate when we actually got someplace to get our fastpass.

One thing to note---we wanted to go over to tom sawyer island, and we were informed that it was closed for the night, but the DS did not say that. It still said it had a 5 mintute wait.

I also remembered another thing we put down for suggestions:
Have a "temporartly down" sign or symbol for attractions that are 101ing. We went to go on Tiki Room and it was temporarily down, but we never checked to see if the ds said anything. We're wondering if it even would.

PigletIsMyCat

I think this is one of the awesomest things I've ever heard. This is a great idea, and even though I'm already a Disneyphile and know too much about the parks, I WANT TO DO THIS!!!

I don't know anything about the DS's WiFi feature - do you need a cartridge to make it work? If the DS needed a cartridge to run the program, and was updated with the WiFi info (wait times, etc), they could just sell the cartridges and all us DS owners could use our own in the parks. I was at MK last week, wondering why so many families were clustered around a DS while waiting on lines... I mean, it's good to have something for the kids to do, but we were on a line with less than a ten minute wait - hardly a long enough wait to warrant powering up and loading a DS game, or so DH and I thought! This makes much more sense!

Hope this takes off and can be used with our DSes soon!!

cooleo

With all the technology Apple is coming out with on the iPhone's, this would a cool addition. Especially since the latest software update now allows 3rd party apps to run on the iPhone. I know I would certaonly test it on mine.:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom