Disney looking at using Nintendo DS systems as an interactive guide map?

marcriss

I wondered how that Verizon thing worked...now I wonder about the Nintendo deal...any more info. for either? Any help is appreciated!

The way it was worded (and I'm pretty sure this was in some packet of info we got at Disney) made it sound like Disney was working with Verizon to provide interactive material to Verizon customers inside Disney World. It sounded a little like the Pal Mickey technology where different material would be available in different locations.

They gave no indications that this would be available to people using a provider other than Verizon. But I figured that they would come up with a way for people to access it using some sort of Verizon device that they could purchase/rent.

Again I was bummed because it is perfect for the iphone. I suppose if they opened up a wi-fi network that was exclusive to the info network and couldn't be used for regular stuff, people with wi-fi on their smart phones could tap into it w/o Verizon. It would be very shortsighted to have an exclusive...

ewensell3

EDIT: I was wrong...you can buy the iPhone without an AT&T Contract...but it's still AT&T service.

This is correct. You cannot buy a [legally] unlocked iPhone in the US.

And if you could, your choice of provider is limited to T-Mobile or another smaller local carrier. The iPhone uses GSM technology, therefore it will not work with Verizon, Sprint, or any other CDMA carrier (Cricket, US Cellular, etc).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom