News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

bmr1591

I'm curious if that was always the plan or if because it got so much backlash, they had to put more things and attention into it

From what insiders have said, the original direction was a cheap retheme with screens, but when the announcement was met with such turmoil, they shifted gears and increased the budget. They knew if they messed this up, it would be really bad.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
From what insiders have said, the original direction was a cheap retheme with screens, but when the announcement was met with such turmoil, they shifted gears and increased the budget. They knew if they messed this up, it would be really bad.
that's what I figured had happened....so I'm guessing this project went way over the original budget

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
IMG_4835.jpg

Surferboy567

Here's photos from today. I figured it was only appropriate to get some photos on our biggest news day yet. I got 55 photos today and am going to share the best 20 ones — 2 posts.

View attachment 777148

This area has been cleared of all construction materials ready for final landscaping.

View attachment 777150

Here's a look at some of the final scaffolding on this side and the new main entrance sign on the barn.

View attachment 777151

The main entrance sign is in the same font as the other Tiana’s Foods stuff.

View attachment 777152

They are getting ready to install an actual Tiana’s Foods sign here above the window — it should be up any day now.

View attachment 777153View attachment 777154

These new lights around the entrance are nice.

View attachment 777155View attachment 777156

The new walkways around the entrance have received multiple layers of theming and are seemingly done now with this glossy finish. They look great and I'm pleasantly surprised they themed them compared to when they were first poured.

View attachment 777157View attachment 777159

And here's an overview of the entrance with the lights — unfortunately the marquee is still covered.

Post 2 shortly!
I think everyone is missing the big news here. They changed the name the attraction to “Main Entrancewhat a bold departure. 😉

Professortango1

It’s gonna be interesting to see the differences between MK and DL. I wonder if part of the reason they wanted MK open first is because it’ll simply be the superior ride. DL’s Splash moved a lot faster and had more cramped show scenes if I remember correctly.
Moved faster with better pacing. I got a little bored in WDW's version, hence why they had Laughin Place start halfway through the first area. I did like the openness of WDW's sets, but that is about all I would say is superior to DL's.

surfsupdon

I still get so annoyed with advanced AA terminology. Yeti was the same and look at him now. If you can’t keep it working it’s no point in the end!

peter11435

Moved faster with better pacing. I got a little bored in WDW's version, hence why they had Laughin Place start halfway through the first area. I did like the openness of WDW's sets, but that is about all I would say is superior to DL's.
You got bored on a 12 minute ride with 4 drops and 68 audio animatronic figures? Maybe the whole theme park thing isn’t for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom