News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

TeriofTerror

They've broken down in the past, but at least don't seem to stay broken for very long. It's the facial projection that has degraded noticeably, as the imagineers involved in HK's version of the ride mentioned was a fault of the tech. And when the video malfunctions, it produces particularly horrifying/hilarious results.

View attachment 777161View attachment 777162

Anecdotally, when I rode Little Mermaid a few weeks back, two of the Ariel AA's were broken. One was completely static, and the other was missing a lot of facial function. Even a number of the minor simple fish figures were static.
Even when they're functioning properly, I hate these AAs with a fiery passion. Maybe it's a girl thing, but at their best they look like someone who was never taught to blend their foundation properly. Anyone who has ever worn makeup HAS to agree.

MerlinTheGoat

When was the last time they built a stateside attraction with this many AAs? The original Splash in ‘92? The only other ones I can think of are Dinosaur or RSR but both are a stretch.
Splash itself. Dinosaur, while I really enjoy it, has nowhere near as many by comparison. The last ride Disney built ANYWHERE on earth with a truly large AA population was Sinbad at Tokyo Disneysea (and BOY does that one have a ton, might well be the largest population of true AA's Disney has ever done).

Even when they're functioning properly, I hate these AAs with a fiery passion. Maybe it's a girl thing, but at their best they look like someone who was never taught to blend their foundation properly. Anyone who has ever worn makeup HAS to agree.
The vast majority would probably agree. That ugly seam around the jaw is one of the many problems with these figures. The 7DMT figures at least manages to hide their seams with the beards, Leota also has a surrounding hair/veil that covers it up. Hell, even the Buzz Lightyear figure (which I still don't like) has the purple hood. No such luck with Frozen...

1712281225712.png

I hope someday these figures get upgraded to the HK variants (would be nice to see some of the other improvements make it over too), but I'm not holding my breath.

aladdin2007

Splash itself. Dinosaur, while I really enjoy it, has nowhere near as many by comparison. The last ride Disney built ANYWHERE on earth with a truly large AA population was Sinbad at Tokyo Disneysea (and BOY does that one have a ton, might well be the largest population of true AA's Disney has ever done).

The vast majority would probably agree. That ugly seam around the jaw is one of the many problems with these figures. The 7DMT figures at least manages to hide their seams with the beards, Leota also has a surrounding hair/veil that covers it up. Hell, even the Buzz Lightyear figure (which I still don't like) has the purple hood. No such luck with Frozen...

View attachment 777192

I hope someday these figures get upgraded to the HK variants (would be nice to see some of the other improvements make it over too), but I'm not holding my breath.
could not agree more, after a decade its in need of some plussing and the HK variant makes me ill how much better it is (except its upper level too is just as barren I guess they didnt learn a lesson or two?,,, We still always end up with the lesser version of something it seems but of course ours came first, but yeah dont believe plussing till you see it. We all know how that goes lol.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

It’s gonna be interesting to see the differences between MK and DL. I wonder if part of the reason they wanted MK open first is because it’ll simply be the superior ride. DL’s Splash moved a lot faster and had more cramped show scenes if I remember correctly.
MK's also requires more work as the interior of the ride resembled SotS's animated segments more as opposed to the already swampy bayou look of DL's.

BrianLo

Some of us value the quantity of AAs in classic Disney attractions. It's not the only important thing about a ride, but it's far from unimportant. And it gets brought up a lot because it's something Disney doesn't really do anymore.

Splash had both fantastic scenery AND a very large number of high quality well moving AAs. I also feel like people downplay how good many of those old figures could move when maintained properly (I've uploaded clips of them in their heyday). That is the same standard I will hold Tiana to as well since it's replacing said ride.

I very much appreciate this matters to you a heck of a lot. But please don’t lose sight of the fact there is a lot of AAs and there are lush sets. Don’t let’s a random statistic get in the way of your first consumption of the attraction. Whether it has 10 less or 10 more in the end, it’s a lot.

WDW after all probably had the better version of Splash, with less animatronics.

Basically just promise me your first time on the ride won’t be you counting animatronics. 😂

MerlinTheGoat

I very much appreciate this matters to you a heck of a lot. But please don’t lose sight of the fact there is a lot of AAs and there are lush sets. Don’t let’s a random statistic get in the way of your first consumption of the attraction. Whether it has 10 less or 10 more in the end, it’s a lot.

WDW after all probably had the better version of Splash, with less animatronics.

Basically just promise me your first time on the ride won’t be you counting animatronics. 😂
I won't have a counter going when the ride opens, but I'm more than familiar enough with the AA population in Splash that i'll just be able to automatically tell if a scene feels too empty by comparison. Or if it has more figures. It's sort of just ingrained in my head at this point. Not talking about just one or two missing or added either way. But if the difference in number is 10+ either way, i'm going to be able to tell regardless even without counting. I'll also be able to tell if they move as well as Splash's (obviously the major key figures are great, but i'm curious about all of the other new critters).

I did give the edge to WDW's Splash by bit due to the improved scenery and better figures. But i'd be lying if I didn't sometimes wish we had gotten both the improvements AND DL's additional figures as well. Tokyo ended up getting a small handful of those missing figures for instance (though I still prefer WDW's scenery to Tokyo).

Regardless, i'm glad I don't have to worry about there being on 9 in the finale anymore now that that's effectively debunked...

Last edited:

BrianLo

I won't have a counter going when the ride opens, but I'm more than familiar enough with the AA population in Splash that i'll just be able to automatically tell if a scene feels too empty by comparison. Or if it has more figures. It's sort of just ingrained in my head at this point. Not talking about just one or two missing or added either way. But if the difference in number is 10+ either way, i'm going to be able to tell regardless even without counting.

I did give the edge to WDW's Splash by bit due to the improved scenery and better figures. But i'd be lying if I didn't sometimes wish we had gotten both the improvements AND DL's additional figures as well. Tokyo ended up getting a small handful of those missing figures for instance (though I still prefer WDW's scenery to Tokyo).

Regardless, i'm glad I don't have to worry about there being on 9 in the finale anymore now that that's effectively debunked...

No problem! I just don’t want the ultimate troll move of Disney having n-1 animatronics to cause you guys to be upset about what is ultimately a major animatronic fleet upgrade across the board. We’re still getting a fleet!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom