20240405_112901.jpg
20240405_113227.jpg
20240405_113342.jpg
20240405_113922.jpg
20240405_114854.jpg
20240405_115910.jpg
20240405_125553.jpg
20240405_121639.jpg

Photos from this afternoon — yes, I was there yesterday, but I had an excuse to go back since I was at DHS for Star Tours this morning. 😉

They majorly shifted the walls around the train station overnight, and all that's left now is a small walkway as the entrance and queue are blocked off again.

They were working on installing flora and foliage the entire time I was there and also put scaffolding back up at the millhouse — we might see the banner go up very shortly as that's the only thing left to be done for the millhouse.

I am not certain on this by any means, but when I was on the train passing the finale scene that's blocked off, I thought I heard very faint music with multiple voices as a part of the song. Unfortunately it was too faint to know for sure but I think they were testing in the finale before test rides later. Fun stuff.

BrianLo

Do we think Louis’s missing trumpet could be a side plot in the attraction still?

Now that I think about what the missing ingredient is (musical critters), and what the rumour of the original story was (missing trumpet), I wonder if that was always a side plot intention, that became interpreted or spread around as the main plot?

Seems more like a running gag. Along with perhaps the snake trying to get Beignets. Hopefully, stuff like that tends to make it feel more re-rideable.

Incomudro

If there's anything lacking (that we don't already know about), it's that the element of magic that propelled the original movie forward. Ex: transformations into frogs or encounters with "friends on the other side," so I'm hopeful that's included in the ride.
Yes, my only reservation lies with the choice (as far as we know) to eliminate conflict from the ride.
A ride that started tranquil, brought in a threat from Dr. Facilier, and then resolved it with Mama Odie after a plunge down the drop would have been so satisfying.
I'm a bit afraid the ride might be all nice and fun if you will.
But, we'll see - they might have something planned that we don't know about.
We do know the AA's are great, and I'm certain the sets, lighting, lighting effects (fireflies) etc., are going to look beautiful.
I'm of the belief that much as I loved Splash, it'll look old and barren by comparison.

Ichabod Crane

Can someone educate me about the "shrinking" theory and if that's still a possibility for the ride?
The rumor was that the old laughing place would start with us getting shrank into critters by mama odie and Louis would be following us around as a giant screen until the lift hill. It originated in a theme park stop Patreon exclusive podcast.

However it should be noted that since that podcast aired she has since said that she heard that scene is no longer happening.

Professortango1

I think on paper WDW’s is superior. It’s longer, more polished, better sets, better story, everything is physically larger, etc. However, I think DL has some unique charm that was never replicated because it was the prototype that was a little rougher around the edges. That’s why the DL version has more of a cult following and people prefer it just out of personal taste. I dare say that people liked it BECAUSE it wasn’t as conventionally ‘good’ as WDW
It is longer because the boats move so much slower. And with the lack of AA's, the sets should be nicer as oftentimes you are floating past a set with no figures or animation.

I'm okay with a shorter ride time if it means we are getting scenes like Burrow's Lament and the Take Me Along Gator and cutting sequences like two child bunnies sweeping. Or doorways into burrows with nothing going on.

The boats and speed work well for POTC because the ride is so massive and there is so much to take in. With all Splash Mountains, the scale is much smaller. With DL, the small scale works because of how intimate and zippy the ride is.

At WDW, it feels like it wants to be POTC, but with sets and AA's that are not up to par.

It will be interesting to see how the rides vary per site. I'm just glad that DL is keeping the logs and not moving to boats.

mickEblu

The rumor was that the old laughing place would start with us getting shrank into critters by mama odie and Louis would be following us around as a giant screen until the lift hill. It originated in a theme park stop Patreon exclusive podcast.

However it should be noted that since that podcast aired she has since said that she heard that scene is no longer happening.

So did she say what would be going there instead? I asked Mr Bazinga where I could find the podcast but he didn’t answer me. Apparently she said some sort of dark bayou scenes were going there instead? But I couldn’t find it on any of her podcasts even after I subscribed to her Patreon.

Ichabod Crane

So did she say what would be going there instead? I asked Mr Bazinga where I could find the podcast but he didn’t answer me. Apparently she said some sort of dark bayou scenes were going there instead? But I couldn’t find it on any of her podcasts even after I subscribed to her Patreon.
If you’re a Patreon member there’s a podcast on her Patreon page from January that’s called “Premium Podcast - Tiana’s Bayou Adventure rumors”. You can also sync hoir Patreon to your Spotify and it’ll show up there.

I don’t think she said she knew what was going there instead. But it was around the same timeframe those dark bayou rumors started.

mickEblu

If you’re a Patreon member there’s a podcast on her Patreon page from January that’s called “Premium Podcast - Tiana’s Bayou Adventure rumors”. You can also sync hoir Patreon to your Spotify and it’ll show up there.

I don’t think she said she knew what was going there instead. But it was around the same timeframe those dark bayou rumors started.

I listened to that one. She (or rather the guy on the podcast with her) bring up the being shrunk down plot but nothing about the change to dark bayou. I assume that podcast was before the change. Couldn’t find any podcast after that one mentioning it. But then again none of the podcasts after that one in January reference TBA in the subject so I only skimmed through them.

Ichabod Crane

I listened to that one. She (or rather the guy on the podcast with her) bring up the being shrunk down plot but nothing about the change to dark bayou. I assume that podcast was before the change. Couldn’t find any podcast afterwards referencing to it. But then again none of the podcasts after that one in January reference TBA in the subject so I only skimmed through them.
She isn’t the one that started the dark bayou rumors. The dark bayou rumors just so happened to creep up around the same time that she said she heard the shrinking stuff was changed. And yeah, that podcast was before the rumors about the change started.

mickEblu

She isn’t the one that started the dark bayou rumors. The dark bayou rumors just so happened to creep up around the same time that she said she heard the shrinking stuff was changed. And yeah, that podcast was before the rumors about the change started.

Oh I see. So where does she mention that it’s no longer happening? I guess that would give some credibility to the dark bayou rumors. Where did those dark bayou rumors come from anyway?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom