News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

mickEblu

Oof he doesn't look on model to me...

Why does Tiana's friend (Dottie?) look just like the movie but not Tiana? Is it just the hair? I don't think so because Tiana still looks like Tiana to me on the new attraction poster even with the short hair. Granted, it's not 3D but I would have been happy if the AA looked like the Tiana on the poster.

Earlie the Pearlie

Shes the final figure. Her, her snake, and her beignets seem to be going where the final briar patch scene was.
If she says β€œY’all come back now, you hear?” that would be the ultimate deep cut Song of the South-based musical boat dark ride Easter Egg. My years of watching Defunctland will have finally paid off! (Even more than they already have in sheer knowledge gain)

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
If she says β€œY’all come back now, you hear?” that would be the ultimate deep cut Song of the South-based musical boat dark ride Easter Egg. My years of watching Defunctland will have finally paid off! (Even more than they already have in sheer knowledge gain)
Okefenokee reference. Nice.

Figments Friend

The TBA Animatronics look absolutely fantastic.
Smooth movements, great looking, and Louis and Mama Odie are pure win.
Very pleased.

Now as fantastic as they are, I do hope they are kept operating that way and are maintained.
The thought did cross my mind after viewing todays reveal and I am sure I am not the only one.

These figures are excellent and get this dragon’s thumbs up.
Just wish they were for a purpose built Attraction, and not replacing one of the all time best Attractions in the Park.

-

MerlinTheGoat

Now as fantastic as they are, I do hope they are kept operating that way and are maintained.
The thought did cross my mind after viewing todays reveal and I am sure I am not the only one.
Unfortunately, unless there's a major upheaval with park ops or they decide to be uncharacteristically meticulous about maintaining this ride, it's probably going to end up in rough shape after a couple of years. I'm unsure how the overall reliability of all electric AA's are in comparison to traditional hydraulic figures. But generally speaking, there's plenty of newer attractions around WDW with all electric figures, and they seem to break down at least as much as hydraulic ones. If not moreso.

They do look fantastic. It would be a shame if they don't take care of them.

James Alucobond

Unfortunately, unless there's a major upheaval with park ops or they decide to be uncharacteristically meticulous about maintaining this ride, it's probably going to end up in rough shape after a couple of years. I'm unsure how the overall reliability of all electric AA's are in comparison to traditional hydraulic figures. But generally speaking, there's plenty of newer attractions around WDW with all electric figures, and they seem to break down at least as much as hydraulic ones. If not moreso.

They do look fantastic. It would be a shame if they don't take care of them.
The FEA figures are nearly a decade old and don’t seem to have diminished much in terms of range of motion and fluidity, at least.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Here's photos from today. I figured it was only appropriate to get some photos on our biggest news day yet. I got 55 photos today and am going to share the best 20 ones β€” 2 posts.

20240404_161056.jpg

This area has been cleared of all construction materials ready for final landscaping.

20240404_161241.jpg

Here's a look at some of the final scaffolding on this side and the new main entrance sign on the barn.

20240404_161308.jpg

The main entrance sign is in the same font as the other Tiana’s Foods stuff.

20240404_161430.jpg

They are getting ready to install an actual Tiana’s Foods sign here above the window β€” it should be up any day now.

20240404_161506.jpg
20240404_161543.jpg

These new lights around the entrance are nice.

20240404_161603.jpg
20240404_161613.jpg

The new walkways around the entrance have received multiple layers of theming and are seemingly done now with this glossy finish. They look great and I'm pleasantly surprised they themed them compared to when they were first poured.

20240404_161750.jpg
20240404_161803.jpg

And here's an overview of the entrance with the lights β€” unfortunately the marquee is still covered.

Post 2 shortly!

MerlinTheGoat

The FEA figures are nearly a decade old and don’t seem to have diminished much in terms of range of motion and fluidity, at least.
They've broken down in the past, but at least don't seem to stay broken for very long. It's the facial projection that has degraded noticeably, as the imagineers involved in HK's version of the ride mentioned was a fault of the tech. And when the video malfunctions, it produces particularly horrifying/hilarious results.

1712278230180.png
1712278235331.jpeg

Anecdotally, when I rode Little Mermaid a few weeks back, two of the Ariel AA's were broken. One was completely static, and the other was missing a lot of facial function. Even a number of the minor simple fish figures were static.

James Alucobond

They've broken down in the past, but at least don't seem to stay broken for very long. It's the facial projection that has degraded noticeably, as the imagineers involved in HK's version of the ride mentioned was a fault of the tech. And when the video malfunctions, it produces particularly horrifying/hilarious results.

View attachment 777161View attachment 777162

Anecdotally, when I rode Little Mermaid a few weeks back, two of the Ariel AA's were broken. One was completely static, and the other was missing a lot of facial function. Even a number of the minor simple fish figures were static.
The facial projection isn't a factor on Tiana, so it's not terribly worth comparing. What I mean to say is that, when running properly as they are the majority of the time, the FEA figures still seem to give performances comparable to the day they were installed, whereas range of motion and quality of motion had degraded in Splash severely when it closed. If the FEA figures are any sort of indication, I think we'll still have an attraction in significantly better shape than its predecessor a decade out.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240404_162722.jpg
20240404_162742.jpg

Final shots of the queue β€” all the walkway work is done up to the stairs, even some of the steps.

20240404_163036.jpg
20240404_163637.jpg

There's a new wagon / entrance sign in the same spot where the one was for Splash Mountain β€” presumably another subtle nod to Splash as Ted teased in January.

20240404_163322.jpg

The left side is looking a lot better now with new flowers β€” the pink tape markers are for even more in the coming days.

20240404_163534.jpg
20240404_163547.jpg

A distanced look at tons of new moss over the flume that leads into the finale and plants/scaffolding out front. The wagon is in the bottom right of the bottom photo.

20240404_163226.jpg

This spot has finally been patched after months. I'm probably the only person in the world who cared about this.

20240404_163305.jpg

20240404_163721.jpg

And some final overview shots. It's only fitting we had blue skies and sunshine with today's animatronic reveals.

ToTBellHop

Am I the only person who thinks the facade looks great?
You’re not. For all the complaints about it looking smaller, the dead tree on top of Splash ruined any forced perspective it possibly had. No mountain has a tree that size on top. We went from a mud hill to a salt dome. Lateral move for me. I actually think the new look is a bit more natural.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom