News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

markham

Too bad this scene was cut. I was kinda looking forward to boating by Louis in the water near us and I imagine this is where Prince Naveen‘s reported dialogue would have occurred.
IMG_8769.jpeg

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Curious that they would release a full ride POV so early (I mean, this is before media previews, before DVC... pretty sure the only ones who have ridden this so far are Imagineers and TBA cast members). Just seems odd... I can't think of another ride that they released a full ride POV so early... wonder what the reasoning is...

FettFan

They cant build rides? That's absurd. Tiana's Bayou Adventure, although having a plethora of flaws, will be higher quality then any dark ride in Epic Universe. Disney still makes the best rides.

Disney USED to make the best rides, but they sat on their laurels, let the boardroom dictate what gets built in the parks, and ended up losing a lot of their Imagineering talent to Universal.

Bayou

Nah. YOU tell ME why you think that.
While there are indeed less a few Universal dark rides that surpass Tiana's Bayou Adventure in quality, the notion that "Disney can't make dark rides anymore" is simply absurd. Disney remains the undisputed king in this realm. Their extensive list of dark rides from the past 15 years far outshines anything Universal could aspire to create. If Universal made Tiana's Bayou Adventure, everyone would be praising it. We hold Disney a higher standard because we know what they are capable of.

CaptinEO

I'm sorry but Splash was a legendary themepark ride full of life, great music, and great theming. This is a decent effort but not even close to the predecessor.

All the screens and dialogue are like so random. Besides the finale which is gorgeous, the ride just feels empty and random.

We all called it, WDI doesn't pack rides with animatronics and doesn't do good storytelling.

America Sings animatronics are gone and replaced by empty hallways.

Not bad by any means, not great though.

markham

Phase II plussing opportunities.
I actually did think while watching the POV video that this ride is going to need to make some changes pretty quickly, like what happened at DCA Ariel's Undersea Adventure (the naming scheme du jour apparently) and the original dole whip hair, swapping out to black light, etc. They might even debut at DL. Wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Brian

Not to get anyone worried, but someone just saw Charita Carter and Carmen Smith wandering around DHS’s Tower of Terror with notepads.
Elevator doors open to reveal a completely blank, white, brightly lit hallway. You faintly hear "You've Got a Friend In Me" and wonder, is this real or is it a fantasy? Suddenly, the doors close, and you drop into... (Rod Sterling voice) "THE IP ZONE"

Bayou

Disney USED to make the best rides, but they sat on their laurels, let the boardroom dictate what gets built in the parks, and ended up losing a lot of their Imagineering talent to Universal.
Then explain to me Frozen Journey, Raphael's Lantern Festival, even Peter Pan's Neverland Adventure. I highly doubt Universal will match their quality when Epic Universe opens.

Tha Realest

I actually did think while watching the POV video that this ride is going to need to make some changes pretty quickly, like what happened at DCA Ariel's Undersea Adventure (the naming scheme du jour apparently) and the original dole whip hair, swapping out to black light, etc. They might even debut at DL. Wouldn’t surprise me at all.
I’m surprised no one has spun the reaction thus far as, “well, this ride was always engineered for DL, so of course this one is going to feel off tonally and pacing wise”

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Didn't Disney do this with TRON?

I interpret it as taking the wind out of the vloggers and short circuiting their cut throat stampede to be FIRST! with BREAKING! video.

I like that Disney is doing it. I don't like they recorded it so poorly.

I mean, that would make sense... by being first (and first by so much) it also ensures that when you search for TBA POV on YouTube, the official one is always at the top (as opposed to some bloggers video which might have some comments that Disney is not as fond of)

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member

Mixed Reactions as Disney Unveils Tiana's Bayou Adventure Ride Through Video​

Thank you for putting a fair and balanced story out about this. I’m not sure what if anything Disney does about this, but I hope somebody is listening.

I hope that for future projects lessons are learned here.

ToTBellHop

Not gonna watch the video since I’ll be riding it soon, but I’m guessing it’s what I expected: it has some beautiful scenery and AAs but falls flat on story. Sound about right?

Typical families will eat it up, more so as we get further and further from Splash in the years ahead.

In 500 years, people will get locked up for heresy if they even suggest there was once a Splash Mountain.

LittleBuford

Not to get anyone worried, but someone just saw Charita Carter and Carmen Smith wandering around DHS’s Tower of Terror with notepads.
I really hate the way these two women have been vilified by those critical of the retheme. And it’s very telling that they have been. I don’t see scapegoats being singled out for other unpopular projects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom