Captain America 4

Phroobar

Wrong about what? It helps to be clear when you’re making a statement like that.
iu

Meh.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Rising star Xosha Roquemore is the latest to join the ensemble of Marvel’s Captain America: New World Order starring Anthony Mackie. Tim Blake Nelson, Harrison Ford, Danny Ramirez, Carl Lumbly and Shira Haas are also on board. Julius Onah will direct the pic with Falcon and the Winter Soldier showrunner Malcolm Spellman writing the script along with Dalan Musson."

"The role would mark one of the biggest jobs to date for Roquemore having most recently appearing in Warner Bros. Space Jam: A New Legacy starring LeBron James. Her other credits include Sherman’s Showcase, Black Monday and Atlanta."

DCBaker

Premium Member
"In a recent interview with EW, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige opened up about welcoming Ford to the MCU — and he revealed that when New World Order begins, Ross has graduated from military general to president of the United States.

"This has been a dream for years, ever since Jon Favreau cast Harrison Ford in Cowboys and Aliens," Feige explained. "I was always very jealous of that, so to have him finally in the MCU is just incredible. It's like, I can cross that off the wishlist."

As Feige noted, there's a certain serendipity to casting Ford as the U.S. president, especially since the actor has tackled that role before. "[Harrison is] tireless with the amount of work that he does," Feige said. "This is certainly a big part for Thaddeus Ross. He's the president of the United States in the film. And with Harrison, you think about Air Force One, and you think about some of his confrontations with the president in Clear and Present Danger."

Ross is a key character in Marvel comics, and Hurt originated the role in the MCU, first starring in 2008's The Incredible Hulk. He later appeared in Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War, and Black Widow, before passing away at the age of 71 in 2022.

Per Feige, the relationship between Mackie's Sam and Ford's Ross will play a major role in New World Order. "There's a dynamic between President Ross and Sam Wilson," the Marvel boss explained. "They have a history together, but in this film, we'll be seeing the dynamic between Captain America and the president of the United States in a way that is just incredible.""

GimpYancIent

"In a recent interview with EW, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige opened up about welcoming Ford to the MCU — and he revealed that when New World Order begins, Ross has graduated from military general to president of the United States.

"This has been a dream for years, ever since Jon Favreau cast Harrison Ford in Cowboys and Aliens," Feige explained. "I was always very jealous of that, so to have him finally in the MCU is just incredible. It's like, I can cross that off the wishlist."

As Feige noted, there's a certain serendipity to casting Ford as the U.S. president, especially since the actor has tackled that role before. "[Harrison is] tireless with the amount of work that he does," Feige said. "This is certainly a big part for Thaddeus Ross. He's the president of the United States in the film. And with Harrison, you think about Air Force One, and you think about some of his confrontations with the president in Clear and Present Danger."

Ross is a key character in Marvel comics, and Hurt originated the role in the MCU, first starring in 2008's The Incredible Hulk. He later appeared in Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War, and Black Widow, before passing away at the age of 71 in 2022.

Per Feige, the relationship between Mackie's Sam and Ford's Ross will play a major role in New World Order. "There's a dynamic between President Ross and Sam Wilson," the Marvel boss explained. "They have a history together, but in this film, we'll be seeing the dynamic between Captain America and the president of the United States in a way that is just incredible.""

President Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross?

Jedijax719

What better way to counter the horrible reviews of Antman3 than to announce Harrison Ford as President!!! (may as well since everyone else in contention is around 80 as well)

khlaylav

I need Sam Wilson to obtain a katana for the inevitable fight against a high-ranking government official. Perhaps he could have an animal companion. An Edge Canine, if you will.

Yes. Yes I am.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I need Sam Wilson to obtain a katana for the inevitable fight against a high-ranking government official. Perhaps he could have an animal companion. An Edge Canine, if you will.

Yes. Yes I am.

Would you settle for an umbrella and carpet bag?

Jedijax719

It may be a tough year and a half for MCU. AntMan is getting completely shelled and obliterated by critics. GOTG3 will be fine, but I fear for The Marvels.

Then there's a whole TEN months before this one. And this will, to many, seem like a 2 hour episode of FATWS. (for better or worse)

Perhaps Thunderbolts can be......something. At the very least it will have David Harbour who may be hyped in the same time for Stranger things finale.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Liv Tyler has reportedly joined the cast of Captain America: New World Order, reprising her role of Betty Ross.

"Fifteen years after starring in The Incredible Hulk, Liv Tyler is making her return to Marvel Studios, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Tyler has joined the cast of Captain America 4, currently titled Captain America: New World Order. She will reprise the role of scientist Betty Ross. Ross is the daughter of General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross, who was played by the late William Hurt in several films and will now be portrayed by Harrison Ford in the new installment.

Incredible Hulk was released in the summer of 2008 as Marvel Studios’ second feature, after Iron Man launched the MCU. It starred Edward Norton as Bruce Banner/The Hulk, with the actor famously exiting the franchise and being replaced by Mark Ruffalo for The Avengers (2012).

Tyler’s Ross was not seen again, though over the years, actors from that film have appeared in other projects. Hurt’s Ross had a role in Captain America: Civil War (2016), while Tim Roth, who played the villain Abomination, was a key part of the Disney+ series She-Hulk. Tim Blake Nelson, another Incredible Hulk alum, is also returning for New World Order."

Full article below.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Liv Tyler has reportedly joined the cast of Captain America: New World Order, reprising her role of Betty Ross.

"Fifteen years after starring in The Incredible Hulk, Liv Tyler is making her return to Marvel Studios, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Tyler has joined the cast of Captain America 4, currently titled Captain America: New World Order. She will reprise the role of scientist Betty Ross. Ross is the daughter of General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross, who was played by the late William Hurt in several films and will now be portrayed by Harrison Ford in the new installment.

Incredible Hulk was released in the summer of 2008 as Marvel Studios’ second feature, after Iron Man launched the MCU. It starred Edward Norton as Bruce Banner/The Hulk, with the actor famously exiting the franchise and being replaced by Mark Ruffalo for The Avengers (2012).

Tyler’s Ross was not seen again, though over the years, actors from that film have appeared in other projects. Hurt’s Ross had a role in Captain America: Civil War (2016), while Tim Roth, who played the villain Abomination, was a key part of the Disney+ series She-Hulk. Tim Blake Nelson, another Incredible Hulk alum, is also returning for New World Order."

Full article below.

😍😍😍

Love her!! SO happy she'll be back!

Vegas Disney Fan

Comic book question… do they do anything to give Sam super hero powers or is he just a soldier but now with Caps shield?

I’ve always been bothered that the Black Widow and Hawkeye are (seemingly) invincible despite being (highly trained) normal humans with no super hero powers and if Sam is just a human without super serum how is he going to survive being Cap?

Falcon and Winter Soldier showed him earn the title but I cant recall seeing him being prepared for the inevitable doom coming his way.

doctornick

Comic book question… do they do anything to give Sam super hero powers or is he just a soldier but now with Caps shield?

I’ve always been bothered that the Black Widow and Hawkeye are (seemingly) invincible despite being (highly trained) normal humans with no super hero powers and if Sam is just a human without super serum how is he going to survive being Cap?

Falcon and Winter Soldier showed him earn the title but I cant recall seeing him being prepared for the inevitable doom coming his way.

He doesn't have any powers.

That said, he now not only has the shield but also a whole Wakanda (presumably Vibranium) suit so that would at least give him some advantage over a "normal" human.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom